Superior japanese vehicle. How can shitty cars made in yurop and america ever recover?

Superior japanese vehicle. How can shitty cars made in yurop and america ever recover?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.de/amp/s/www.theglobeandmail.com/amp/report-on-business/international-business/asian-pacific-business/toyota-and-honda-recall-an-additional-1-million-vehicles-over-takata-air-bags/article37553230/
forotransporteprofesional.es/asi-es-el-seat-leon-st-cupra-4drive-de-je-design-con-hasta-380-cv/
youtu.be/1s6bQlSKlPc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw make best car in wolrd :^)

>ultimate driving machine

Do not make me shy, scums

~*Moshi-moshi*~
Make good tin-can cars today?

>produce german cars
>make air pollution worse

>Bayerische Meme Werke

google.de/amp/s/www.theglobeandmail.com/amp/report-on-business/international-business/asian-pacific-business/toyota-and-honda-recall-an-additional-1-million-vehicles-over-takata-air-bags/article37553230/

I'm LMAOing at ur lyfe

I admit German cars to be the perfect existence except the way they put up ceilings.

Sporadic reminder

>Fragile plastic everywhere

no.

/ourcar/

I dreamt about something like an Aston Martin, not a bloody Porsche lmao.

Oof ouch owie

You dreamt of a car made by pajeets?

someone do a monkey knife fight meme with these two flags plz

>You dreamt of a car made by pajeets?

What car is that? All Aston Martins are designed by Brits and handbuilt in Britain.

>

you are small time

is that the 4x4 panda?

Honestly, yes. Thanks Gran Turismo.

unironically best car posted itt so far.
benchracers are such fucking silly bunch.
it was small underpowered italian shitters that conquered the planet not muh beemers

who /147/ here?

Best vehicle ever. God bless America.

Kek, you must've had these too.

>Needs to go to dealership to change batter
Fuck off with your planned obsolescence, everything BMW made after the mid 2000's has been complete trash.
Why can't you people just make a car that works and has enough power to get out of its own way

Broom broom jajaaj
))))

>germ
>best
refrain from speaking to superior japan until you finally figure out how to make your cars' power windows and stuff work properly after just a few weeks of ownership, maybe.

**very helpful advice**
gassing monkeys (or any human race, just in case) won't help you solve the oil leak/ engine overheating/ electrical issues.

Porsches have been fucking boring the past 20 years

it's funny because it is a serious ad by a definitive brand of midlife crisis cars that look like weird frogs.

trabant was a proper meme even in the era where all cars in poland were commiewagons due to it's plastic body.

Brazil always had great fiat models that weren't available anywhere else. Like fiat siena with engine that had provisions for regular, ethanol, CNG, or mix. It always felt odd to me that save for a few models new cars in Poland weren't sold with factory LPG installations, since LPG had always been a popular fuel in Poland due to cost (at worst half the price of regular fuel, at best almost 3 times cheaper). Nissan Sunny and Daewoo Lanos come to mind. But pretty much nothing from European brands like Citroen/Peugeot or VW.

Production of 127 in Poland was extremely limited. And there wasn't any pickup version ever, the only polish pickup vehicle here was FSO Polonez truck but they were as much of a purely utility vehicle as you could get. Forget about utes too.

Unironically like it

that he is

>FIAT
additional tax for those who are bad at avoiding trouble

They are lovely though.

siena tetrafuel (gas, ethanol, lpg or everything mixed) didn't sold well anyway. The maintenance of lpg system scared everyone, something like change all the fuel lines each 20.000km

>Why can't you people just make a car that works and has enough power to get out of its own way
There are plenty of car models designed with that specific goal in mind but in a cage-obsessed culture like American you get laughed at for owning one. With bad reputation like this a car has to be made cheaply enough to make a potential buyer consider becoming a laughing stock. And so the profit margin becomes small and hardly anyone wants to make them.

Hell look at the american attitude to station wagons.
In Poland (wouldn't be surprised if the rest of europe was the same) the only cars that sell are kombi and hatchbacks because a sedan is by definition fucking retarded, you get less boot space than a hatchback but it occupies the same space as a kombi.
But american customers expect a sedan everytime hence why even models that in Europe are traditionally hatchbacks or kombis in North america are sedan (like golf). VW Jetta isn't even sold in Europe anymore.

>it was small underpowered italian shitters that conquered the planet not muh beemers

truer words were never spoken

The boot must have been tiny on the old 500

>Fiat Duna

what a fucking piece of shit

uno sedan was called prêmio here.
that 147 sedan was called oggi. Really POS car, nobody wanted.

You could barely fit a spare wheel and the toolset under the bonnet. A roofrack was a must.

It's so ridiculous that the engine of the 126p which was essentially a slightly modified engine from the original 500 was manufactured all the way to the year 2000. The last 1000 end-of-production series units had a "Happy End" written on the engine cover and were made only in colors Red and Yellow. hnnnng

Ah forgot it was rear engine, was it rear wheel drive too?

Making it front wheel would've only complicated the whole thing and rob the interior from already limited space.

>The maintenance of lpg system scared everyone, something like change all the fuel lines each 20.000km
No idea about that. For car owners in Poland the fact that you could drive for 1/3 of the cost was enough to forget all shortcomings of an LPG installation.

Even in my youth, I put reliability first. So only Japanese cars are manageable.

Maintenance costs are a factor to consider as well. Sure Japanese engines have superior reliability but the cost of repairing once it (inevitably since it's just a machine) goes wrong are through the fucking roof.

>american attitude to station wagons
Our attitude towards them is that they are a mom car and uncool, so the minivan became the new mom car, then the crossover SUV, now wagons are becoming cool again.

The American muscle car has been the gold standard to cheap performance $25k gets you a V6 mustang that is faster than a WRX and for $35k you get a V8 faster than an last gen super cars around the Nürburgring. People only laugh at you for not getting the V8 if you are a guy, the V6 is seen as being a girl car.

>expensive parts
that's because the EU imposes rather ridiculous tariffs on japanese autos to protect its weak market (it's shameful when japan has zero tariff on any imported car from any country)

This is accurate most Japanese manufactures parts in the US are rather cheap, some even cheaper than domestic cars

Your posts sums up the weird american attitude to automobiles perfectly.
Performance vehicle. In Europe noone gives a shit about performance vehicle besides performance enthusiasts.
Noone sane would buy a V6 let alone a V8. My friend owns an alfa romeo 156 with a 3.2 V6. But hes a massive alfa enthusiast and a car mechanic (helps with the famous alfa reliability). My other friend owns a 1st gen ford explorer with a 4 litre V6 and whenever he talks about the mileage everyone gets a laughter epidemic because 30 litres per 100km is the mileage a truck pulling a 20 ton trailer gets, not a mileage of a car. But he likes offroad and he commutes on a motorbike.

That's only a halftruth. Gook vehicles bought new are not that much less affordable than Euro vehicles. But the parts are sometimes 5 times as expensive than the same part in a locally made vehicle. Especially when it comes to drivetrain components.

No one posting hachi roku? Really?

really

So Euro parts are 5 times cheaper... And must be replaced 5 times as often?

No idea, but 5 times as often sounds too good to be true. Try 2 times

about that

thats an overrated slow old shit

this is the ultimate Car with a big C

> meanwhile Japanese young generations got poor and unable to afford cars

>That's only a halftruth. Gook vehicles bought new are not that much less affordable than Euro vehicles. But the parts are sometimes 5 times as expensive than the same part in a locally made vehicle. Especially when it comes to drivetrain components.

Are you just joking or are all Europeans this dumb?
The European automotive industry must be so frustrated with the quality of the workforce in the region as people there don't even know simple economy things like bulk purchasing and local manufacturing.

>bicycles
>scooters
>hybrid cvt kei cars
what went wrong?

Why are you aggressive? Are you an american english teacher or something?

>things like bulk purchasing
Yeah bub let me buy a shipping container worth of injectors because my 4 cylinder needs a replacement.

>and local manufacturing.
The only Toyota plant in Poland manufactures engines, engine parts to a toyota engine are still considerably more expensive than engine parts for an opel or a vw.

>junky "engine parts" of opel or vw

meanwhile alpha guys in Kraków are ...

No idea what you're trying to prove. Gook vehicles are really popular here. Police fleets in the entire country are using Kias, Land Cruisers and Nissans.
Toyota Auris kombi is by far the most popular car in my city when it comes to taxis.
But that only further drives my point. For police, taxis and other services relying on fleets of vehicles 2 days of downtime is a monetary and logistic disaster so it's obvious they're willing to pay through the nose for every bit of reliability they can get.

>ctrl+f land cruiser j60
>no results
Can't say I expected much from te plebs here to know about the best suv but I'm still dissapointed

>best suv

That like a competition for the best smelling turd. Congrats.

iceland has africa-tier road infrastructure so you have to have at least 30cm of ground clearance to drive to the grocery store.

American lifted dudewagon pickup trucks fill the same role as an E-class does in Europe.

And besides, my contender for the best SUV would be the XJ Cherokee. It was my first car and it was fucking great.

>dreaming of a Nissan

I did actually, and so did a lot of people thanks to gt

J I M N Y

P-pls no h8.

Koreans are better at cheap reliable economy cars now.

Germans still dominate the luxury/sport segment.

Americans still provide the best cheap performance vehicles.

The rust on my fenders says otherwise

>Rust on plastic

Dad had a Tempra Turbo. I think it was only sold here.

>tfw bought a vw polo
>warranty expires this year
>have already had a few electrical problems

Think I might sell it.

I never understood the point of buying German econoboxes. Japanese and Korean econoboxes are more reliable, more efficient and as of recently, equally if not more fun to drive.

I was almost going to buy a Honda Civic, but they look kind of funky, I don't know what the hell Honda is doing with their latest cars, at least the Polo looks rather conservative and normal.

I never dreamt about a Nissan or a Mitsubishi, but neither about an anodyne German car,

my dad had this one
it was a fucking mule

I want to buy this in a close future, Alfas hasnt very good fame here, but I simply love this car.

Isn't this one made with partnership with Nissan that ended being a huge POS?

>tfw no crazy road legal vulcan to call my own

>tfw no lancia

SEAT has had grat car models.

And they now have the Leon Cupra R with 310 CV which is a fucking monster. And they will realase a new one in 2019 with 380 CV.

forotransporteprofesional.es/asi-es-el-seat-leon-st-cupra-4drive-de-je-design-con-hasta-380-cv/

nope, that was the Alfa Romeo Arna (Alfa Romeo Nissan Auto)
huuuge piece of shit

>tfw you keep refreshing Sup Forums but you only ever see car threads when they're already tons of posts in

Hardly any posts in this thread, won't take long to catch up.

Is that the one with Japanese styling and Italian craftsmanship instead of Italian styling and Japanese craftsmanship?

Pretty similar design. Too bad FIAT nowadays doesn't make cool cars like they used to in the 80's and 90's.

top taste

>get out of its own way
Shame it can't get out of other people's way.

How does one nation manage to build such decent engines and then put them into such utterly, completely awful cars?

>engine parts to a toyota engine are still considerably more expensive than engine parts for an opel or a vw.

so you proved again you are not intellectual enough to understand basic economy.

fewer sales volumes = smaller supply chains = higher costs

holy fucking shit

2bh the new 124 Spider is pretty cool
youtu.be/1s6bQlSKlPc

angry mosquito face on bmw 3 series?

Yes, it's pretty good, alhough it's a Mazda, but it's a better version of the new MX5, specially the Abarth.

To be honest Toyota parts and services are dirt cheap. Co-worker drives a poverty-spec BMW 1-Series and pays up to three times my rates for similar services. The Pole is just buttmad because his country is vitally dependent on cheap VWs from western Europe.

t. Toyota owner

Post 2000's VAG are pretty shitty tho.

t. 80's VAG owner