ITT: Movies you wish you could see in theaters

>ITT: Movies you wish you could see in theaters

I heard stories about this one.
My counselor told me he saw it in theaters and the projector malfunctioned right before the fight and people almost fucking rioted, screaming and throwing popcorn and drink at the employees.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IUv9Jb_TNjw
youtube.com/watch?v=Mb4f1xpSu-I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>not the first one
It was the original underdog classic. Rocky 4 is just schlock. Your counselor is a retard.

Nah, part 2 is definitely the shittiest out of the original four. It tries to replicate the underdog story of part 1 and mostly falls flat. Parts 3 and 4 embrace the Rocky movies' fun factor and over the top villains. They're gold.

I wasn't saying Rocky 4 was the worst, just that schlock isn't nearly as good as the original movie's flavor.

I'd really like to hear the original mono sound in theaters

>the projector malfunctioned right before the fight and people almost fucking rioted, screaming and throwing popcorn and drink at the employees

Just like any other malfunction occurrence

Eh, I'd say it has a different but equally good flavor.

why is mono better again?

I don't think you understand how purely of a propaganda film this was. They took the fun factor of the Rocky series and absolutely ran with it

>csm-101
what did they meant by this?

Batman Returns

mainly for the shootout scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=IUv9Jb_TNjw

I'm well aware. Doesn't hold a candle to the original movie.

Me and my buddy got dropped off by parents at the Puente Hills Mall (yes, the one they filmed part of Back to the Future at) and we were chatting about the latest Judas Priest album when we saw the poster for Terminator. We tried our luck getting in and succeeded.

Our lives were changed. Could not believe how good it was. Got that Star Wars kinda feels. We decided to go right back in and watch it again. Didn't even feel stupid for not just staying inside the theater. Were happy to pay again. High on top tier entertainment.

Golden memory.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mb4f1xpSu-I

didn't know about this movie until it went to DVD sales due to the limited release

one movie which stands out as being way better in theaters than at home was Cloud Atlas. seems like a totally different movie when you're watching it on your tv

Oh yeah, forgot ... our tickets cost less than $2.

Played Space War vs each other whille waiting on next showing to start.

i wish i could see the mall scene in T2 in a theater when it came it out. imagine not knowing which terminator is the one out to kill john and finding out it's arnold. the crowd would have have gone absolutely apeshit

pic related

The trailer and other promotional material ruined the surprise.

Missed out on seeing the first Matrix and first Lord of the Rings in theatres.

Missed Fellowship and Towers
Got to see King in the cinema, sat on the front row.
It was fucking incredible.

really?! what a fuckin waste

I've seen Lawrence of Arabia, days of heaven, Andrei rublev, sunshine with a live orchestra, the leopard, once upon a time in America, and many others. Saw unforgiven yesterday. I've never seen apocalypse now and I refuse to watch it at home. It's the one film I really want to see on the big screen, even if it means I'll probably never see it.

don't worry, film forum will show it when coppola kicks the bucket

I saw it in the theater. A lot of us had American flags and everyone sang the National Anthem song while we were still getting seats and shit. It was really played up in media at the time too. Nothing like that happened again until the first of the Star Wars Episode 1 happened (everyone in costumes and everyone chanting the theme song).

THERE'S NO EASY WAY OUT

>sitting in the front row

what a fucking pleb

i was 13, and it was the one and only time i've ever bought presale tickets to a movie. it's a shame episode one ended up being such a kick in the balls

>Devil emoji's hands
holy shit redpilled movie!!!
PRAISE KEK

Same, only I was in my twenties. We went to the first midnight showing before the public release. Some asshat with an Emperor's Royal Guard costume sat in front of me and it was like 7 feet tall.

Why is Dolph like "Is this manlet serious?"