ITT: We disprove Libertarianism/An-caps with one sentence

ITT: We disprove Libertarianism/An-caps with one sentence.

If consumers alone can dictate the highest quality goods without any form of intervention, why hasn't universal suffrage given us a utopia?

No.

We post memes instead.

because oftentimes people willing choose that which they know isn't best for them

also because different people judge what's best differently

DUDE SACRIFICE ESSENTIAL LIBERTY FOR TEMPORARY SAFETY LMAO

>Yeah, I know America has an obesity epidemic
The government subsidies have absolutely nothing to do with that. No sirree.

Can you think of a more perfect time to live? Also capitalism never promises a utopia - merely freedom.

Morality is subjective and a "nation" without an established sense of ethics beyond self interest will always be at odds with one another.

Absolute freedom is nonsense.

Nobody is claiming that consumers alone can dictate the highest quality good. Malinvestments do exist.
However, malinvestments are minimized when people are allowed to plan for themselves. Utility is maximized.

Nice strawman though, it only took a few posts to get btfo

>Nobody is claiming that consumers alone can dictate the highest quality good.
that is the entire concept of a free market

and despite that, we have obesity epidemics, people who smoke, and losers in general.

I'm not saying ban fast food or smoking, but the proof against you is right there.

I use hundreds of products a day that I'm unaware of. I don't dedicate weeks at a time investigating their treatment of workers, environmental policy, or financial sheets.

I'm not well versed in advanced ecochemistry to know if their byproduct XYZ will damage wild life in 30 years.

The average consumer doesn't look past his own interests.

>that is the entire concept of a free market
No it is not. You're clinging onto this strawman. Let it go

>No it is not. You're clinging onto this strawman. Let it go
yes it is, as free market capitalism is unregulated competition where consumer demand dictates who swims and who sinks.

okay

Unregulated capitalism:

>free market logic relies on competition
>big corp buys the little guy off
>businesses morph until all that is left is mega corps
>mega corps become too big to absorb
>1 billion freedom bux for a Mountain Dew™

>but this won't happen because "we'll stop buying their products" in one big hivemind

>However, malinvestments are minimized when people are allowed to plan for themselves.

You do realise shit like homeopathy exists right? Ancaps must really have no idea just how fucking retarded the average person is because if right now snake oil of various forms manages to make a killing could you imagine the shit people could trick people with if there was no regulation whatsoever?

>as free market capitalism is unregulated competition
No it is not
Let go of your strawman. The free market is simply a system in which prices adjust in order to better mitigate the distribution of goods efficiently.
It's not an everything goes situation.
And yes, people in the free market spend money on things they shouldn't, but that's part of the market. That's part of life.

my favorite one

Hide divide an conquer threads.

This is a fantastic post.

Just look at shit like Apple, fad diets, Crossfit, personal trainers at gyms, magic bodybuilding supplements, etc.

People are very uneducated in many things they buy. But even with that said, they aren't expected to learn every single detail about every single concept in the world.

>half watered down communism
>half free market garbage

How is it a divide and conquer thread when you're literally on opposing ends of the specturm?

Who are you to tell people they can't spend their money on something that they want to spend their money on?
Utility is maximized when people are allowed to spend their own money on their own desires. Big daddy government doesn't need to hold everyone's hand

> fuck, I don't know what else to say to this guy
> STRAWMAN! STRAWMAN!

kill yourself, kiddo

This. In addition to direct subsidies, they let immigrants in by the millions to work the field for pennies, keeping food prices even lower.

If the government simply step the fuck off of agriculture and let food prices go up, there'd be no obesity epidemic.

Because democracy gives legitimacy to theft, which isn't voluntary trade.

Disproving an-capism is like trying to disprove geocentrism. Anyone who doesn't already disbelieve it isn't worth convincing.

He's literally arguing against a version of the free market that he made up in his head. Thats a strawman you retard

definition:
an economic system in which prices are determined by unrestricted competition between privately owned businesses.

>unrestricted competition

good job missing that part

Nowhere in the definition does it say unrestricted competition.

because at least we can come to consensus about action.

Oh my god lol

People can buy whatever the fuck they want but that doesn't mean that retailers or producers can straight up lie about their product

>questions disprove ideologies

Spotted the christcuck.

>nationalize industry, hand out welfare like candy, get rid of personal freedoms like self expression in art that you don't like and acts and thoughts you deem "degenerate"

>unrestricted private enterprise independent of the government where people have free speech, freedom of lifestyle, freedom of expression, and are only as equal as they make themselves.

come again?

>Utility is maximized when people are allowed to spend their own money on their own desires.

I can smell the autism. Utility is not maximized by letting people do what they want. Unless all people are suddenly completely rational agents.

>>unrestricted private enterprise independent of the government where people have free speech, freedom of lifestyle, freedom of expression, and are only as equal as they make themselves.

Until a small group of individuals hordes all the wealth over generations and monopolies start forming.

Anarcho-communism time

People are rational agents. Being rational is very simple

Again, there is not unrestricted private enterprise in a free market.
Man, you're building a strawman so big there should be a music festival in the desert around it

Men are 90% rational agents. Unfortunately women do most of the spending and they are about 20% rational.

Not an argument.

I recommend you actually look up what a free market is. A completely free market is one where there is no government regulation and it's just pure competition.

Don't reply. Use that time instead to look it up

WEW LAD
E
W

L
A
D

Literally the dumbest thing i've ever heard.
KYS

Flag says Australia, but Kikery screams Israel.

people should be allowed to get fat but hospitals should refuse helping them and the fatties will die out

>rolls eyes
Men are not as rational as we think we are. We're just less prone to let emotion get in the way, but we are still pretty stupid.

Where did these memes originate from, they're hilarious.

Fug :--DDD

>Anarcho-primitivism

Ancap time

not ancap but I find this hilarious

why in gods name should I care about some fat shit with weak will

why should I suffer so the government could hold this fat fucks hand

>Anarcho-pacifism

>A free market is a system in which the prices for goods and services are determined by the open market and consumers, in which the laws and forces of supply and demand are free from any intervention by a government, price-setting monopoly, or other authority.

The laws and forces of supply and demand are free from government intervention. This doesn't mean there are no rules or regulations. It just means that the government can't manipulate prices.
Now kys retard.

Being rational requires 2 premises:
1) If you prefer item A to item B, and you prefer item B to item C, then you prefer item A to item C

And 2) if item A is in want, then more of item A is preferred to less of item A. If, in the rare case, that item A is a negative like polution or traffic tickets, then less of item A is preferred to more of item A

Do you fit those 2 descriptions? Because if you do, congratulations! You're rational

>rolls eyes
This isn't some fucking RP forum faggot, go back to whatever shithole you crawled out from.

What makes you say that?

See Rationality in an economic sense is different than the common usage of the word rational.

Except I never said absolute freedom, just the freedom to make your own deals and earn. Also it's still the best time to live so far undoubtedly.

Libertarians believe everyone is equally unequal because according to them, everyone is an individual and different but no one can run a nation better than others.

He's arguing with a strawman. let him go