What is it about dave's buffness that just makes him unfunny...

What is it about dave's buffness that just makes him unfunny? I know that you're gonna argue that shit happened in his life but when you look at his standup when the whole shit was going down vs now even back then he just had a very likeable charm that's pretty much gone now.

because buff people are not funny they are intimidating

and dave knows this and does it anyways

fucking mad man

don't think it has to do with muscles so much as him being older and kind of jaded now, the spark is gone

I dunno, his new routines didn't have the same punch as before but I still found them enjoyable. I think you might just be responding to the fact that he's a little older and a little wiser now.

Physical strength makes the audience feel insecure.

That white guy lauging broke his spirit

he doesn't look like the lovable crackhead you pass by every once in a while

It broke my heart watching those new netflix specials. There was a bit of the old dave in them but god did they lack a lot of IT.

White people are inherently afraid of black men. When Dave a a lanky weakling he was less threatening.

it was bill burr right?

and nia is his penance?

His stage presence and voice are completely different. Hes old and cynical, and cynicism was never his thing.

It was, he was grilled on it on O&A but never really denied it.

he's washed up

buff/attractive people aren't funny

Billy red nuts ruined him.

It's because this isn't dave. They replaced him with someone else. Those are two different goddamn people but the meme of all blacks looking alike refuses to die.

cause he looked and acted like a goofy nigga with a funny face, now he's a jacked up nigga trying to act goofy with a funny face

Remember the argument about how even if a white guy did laugh at dave, it was dave goddamn chappelle and it shouldn't matter? So it couldn't have been some lowly staff member, it must've been someone else that dave considered his equal, so to speak, and bill burr fits the bill. He was pretty much the only white comedian that was a regular.

he's such a hypocrite. his entire career has been race bait jokes and dude weed lmao shit. his audience since day 1 were a bunch of stoned white teenagers that watched half baked too many times. i guess the guy never realized that his entire audience was always a bunch of white morons.

half-baked sucked ass

pineapple express is kino

Dave said that they stopped laughing with him and started laughing at him. He sounded paranoid as shit during those interviews.

The illuminati got to him.
Look at how he acted even when he left show business. Hated the biz but still had an optimistic spark. Even when he came back on Inside the Actor's Studio, he was like the same old Dave. Then something happened. Look at how he acts in interviews now. Always hunched over, shifty eyed, lazy delivery on most everything, begrudgingly doing what the elite tell him.

He left comedy central becaise they were gonna give him 50 million to be a dancing monkey. He comes back after all that time and what does he make from the Netflix special? 60 million. Nigga sold out and he knows it but he cant stop it

>i guess the guy never realized that his entire audience was always a bunch of white morons.

Actually he did. Go look at his interview with Oprah, it's fucking obvious he realized that he was basically doing a Modern Day Minstrel show that reintroduced the word nigger and other black stereotypes back into the mainstream. What's funny about the whole thing was that the one time a celebrity gets their commeuppance for the shit they do on TV it had to happen to dave what with everyone coming up to him and screaming his own jokes to his face.

yes, i remember that bullshit excuse too. maybe he should have stopped doing all his muh white ppl and muh black ppl routines. oh wait, he can't. he was just pissed off that he became a black comic for a white audience.

Terry Crews and Mike Tyson are buff blacks and they still come off as likeable and funny, even though Tyson's a literal savage who bit another man's ear off

this user is right, he's just sad and not in a funny way, he's sad in a bitter way and he makes everyone around him feel bad

Both of these. There's a reason why most popular comedians are either fat, schlubby Jews, lanky weird looking guys, manlets, or whatever. Any of these schticks helps to get the audience to laugh at you (while feeling good about themselves) and provides instant material.

Dave also does seem very jaded. The Chappelle show stuff, while it pointed to legitimate problems, was more optimistic in that he allowed himself lighthearted humor very often. I think the interspersing of silly jokes about diarrhea and slow-mo around the racial humor made everyone, black and white feel that the commentary came from a good place. In the Netflix special that's largely gone. He throws barbs at everybody pretty constantly and you get the idea that he's been betrayed by his own base.

>I feel threatened whenever minorities do something

lol white males.

every race including black people are are afraid of black people

Did Dave get big to protect himself from Whitey?

terry crews and mike tyson are my favourite comedians

Atleast put some level of effort into the bait

>What is it about dave's buffness that just makes him unfunny

Your insecurity. No really you're saying this isn't funny?

>If I was in ISIS in the trenches fighting against the United States and all of the sudden I see a man with a beard and big D-cups titties just rushing my foxhole and shit, I’d be horrified.’”

>“‘I read in the paper that Caitlyn Jenner was contemplating posing nude in an upcoming issue of Sports Illustrated. And I knew it was politically incorrect to say, so I figured I’d just say it for everybody — yuck. Fuck, man, I just want to read some stats, like why are you cramming man-pussy in the middle of the sports page like that?’”

> ‘since when has America given a fuck about how anyone feels inside?’ ‘the only reason all of us are talking about transgenders is because white men want to do it. If it was just blacks and Mexican like, ‘Hey, y’all, we feel like girls inside.’ They’d be like, ‘Shut up, nigger, no one asked how you felt.’’”

I don't know how else to explain it. Louis CK has been trudging out awful specials for at least a couple years now, and made that bizarre Horace and Pete show, yet he still get treated like Mister King Shit. I guarantee if CK was in shape, or shit, just looked happy a lot of his fans wouldn't be happy with him anymore.

I don't understand the desire that audiences have to identify with standup comedians. More than any other entertainer on the planet. Every audience member in a standup show seems to think they could just do that job anytime they want, and if a standup looks like someone who actually likes their life well shit he can get fucked, or he was funnier in the past or he fell off. It's all bullshit.

If he's not funny to you any more, then that's just you.

He's scary and threatening looking, like a thug nigga
white boys subconsciously afraid
they like their black people emaciated, weak, and self depreciating
just like in the 60s

Also his voice changed from all the smoking. He used to have a nice range of voices, but now they all sound the same. His everyman perspective is no longer real because of his wealth and status.

lol are those jokes supposed to be funny?

This. I first heard him on the radio recently after last seeing chappelle's show years ago. I didn't realize it was Dave until he started plugging his special. This man has been through some shit.

his voices have always been stupid

>half-baked sucked ass
Dave would be the first to agree with you.
Still has some really great bits in it though. YES! CUBAN-BEE!

you a dummy

>His everyman perspective is no longer real

Which he didn't use in his last specials? Shit he even says in that joke about getting pulled over that he'll be fine because he's Dave Chappelle.

Again, criticize him for what he is doing, not what he isn't.

His netflix specials were funny as fuck, not sure what you're talking about

>Mike Tyson
>likeable and funny

Mike Tyson is a rapist. You've got some fucked up standards.

imagine being deluded enough to "go to the gym"? to "work out". Hate to break it to you but all those "gains aren't going to save you from the crushing reality that we're all going to die anyway

woah nice, you rick pilled too?

They were ok, but mainly thanks to the drawn out bill cosby rape jokes and tranny shit.

>The Chappelle show ... optimistic ... lighthearted humor
one note race baiting ripoff of Richard Pryor's show
The only funny segments were with Charlie Murphy. Everything else was didactic tumblr level think pieces.

simbly ebic

He tackled all races not just whites and blacks.
He got paranoid about the business after his father died so he had some meltdown and left.

What's this about?