Chinese General / 中文一般

The thread for posting in Chinese and discussion about the Chinese-speaking world, culture, life, travel, economics, geopolitics, etc.

>Learning resources:
pastebin.com/KpgEG6G9
mega.nz/#F!x4VG3DRL!lqecF4q2ywojGLE0O8cu4A

>Recommended TV Series:
movie.douban.com/tv/#!type=tv&tag=国产剧&sort=rank&page_limit=20&page_start=0

>Recommended Movies:
movie.douban.com/explore#!type=movie&tag=华语&sort=recommend&page_limit=20&page_start=0

>Literal Chinese cartoons:
bangumi.bilibili.com/guochuang/
ac.qq.com/event/cartoon2016/index.html

>Chinese Manga:
ac.qq.com/
u17.com/

>Online Novels:
qidian.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/2017/10/24/559889548/a-look-at-how-chinas-anti-corruption-campaign-has-affected-ordinary-citizens
thediplomat.com/2014/12/the-worlds-most-popular-leader-chinas-president-xi/
irishtimes.com/news/world/asia-pacific/xi-jinping-all-powerful-all-popular-1.3271193?mode=amp
gbtimes.com/chinese-trust-government-ranked-highest-world
bakermckenzie.com/en/insight/publications/2018/02/china-improve-corruption-perception-index
youtube.com/watch?v=tggef1Z_Fvc
youtu.be/6CmRwylzlVs
rt.com/news/419794-woman-beheaded-japan-american-arrested/
youtube.com/watch?v=ncd4b5d_cM0
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-26/china-s-export-machine-is-taking-on-a-stronger-yuan-and-winning
youtu.be/kIo1sHsEkno
hongkongfp.com/2018/02/27/china-drowns-critics-lifetime-xi-jinping-presidency-disagree-among-words-censored-online/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So if anyone can help it'd be great but if im just learning chinese wheres a good place to meet native chinese speakers? Should i go back to my old hs and ask the chinese teacher dor help? I mainly need help with pronunciation and sentence structure so i really want a native.

Dozo

in a language school?

Why are the White girls with Chinese men (or East Asian men in general) so beautiful but the Chinese girls with White men are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ugly?

cuz white men have bad tastes?

暗殺習近平

if you need help for a long-term, i think you could go find a skill-exchange partner.
Most native Chinese students who want to improve their English skill are also seeking for native English speakers
they could be very willing to help you
I think you could easily find them in some MOOC website like Coursera or edx

Thanks guys. Ill look into these

macao was this you

is this true or are you memeing?

yo mainland chinks why the fuck is chinese for water faucet "water dragon head (水龙头)" literally?

How do i join the int qq group? When i try to join its says its private.

Where the fuck is /sino/

it's just a common meme on the Chinses social media due to the intensive antipathy towards XI's propaganda and media supervision

white men could get cute asian girls if they tried, they just have bad taste

chinese girl I talk to says she wants to fuck me but she is engaged and wants to stay virgin for husband, wat do?

maybe named by the early design
it is also called as "water throat"水喉 in Cantonese

Dear Hakka chink:
They had those hose like thing attached to pots to pour some stuff back then, but it isn't controlled like faucet so they needed a new word for that
That's pretty much bullshit but it's not like you can get anything out if chink gen tqbh

Wtf happened to sino

Literally all evidence shows that Xi is popular among the “common” people.

He does have some interest groups that don’t like his anti-corruption reforms though.

npr.org/2017/10/24/559889548/a-look-at-how-chinas-anti-corruption-campaign-has-affected-ordinary-citizens

thediplomat.com/2014/12/the-worlds-most-popular-leader-chinas-president-xi/
irishtimes.com/news/world/asia-pacific/xi-jinping-all-powerful-all-popular-1.3271193?mode=amp

that's right
China is full of unsophisticated patriots and great-power chauvinists who can be manipulated easily by the CCP
those "common" people represent most of the population and selected to organize the national people's congress, where XI got 100% affirmative votes during his re-election last year

习大大皇帝万岁万岁

Explain this then

gbtimes.com/chinese-trust-government-ranked-highest-world

Is this private polling group that has asked this question for decades just shilling for one of the 42 nations polled?

Overseas Chinese != People who actually live in China

Xi is extremely popular among the commoners. Much less so among the elite. Yet he himself is the epitome of an elite.

>those "common" people represent most of the population

What? Isn’t that what common people are?

sorry, i can't get your point due to my lack of English proficiency in politic-related topics.
what i have told is mostly based on my personal experiences living in mainland and browsing chinese social media
CCP has little tolerance on the negative comments and Citizens don't have free discussions on the politics, just like the White Terror period in Taiwan
another factor makes Xi so popular is that they can't expect any other presidential candidates or governing parties to choose

>irratonal
>happened in every Western nation
I'm so sick of liberals.

bakermckenzie.com/en/insight/publications/2018/02/china-improve-corruption-perception-index

Or maybe he is genuinely popular and making beneficial anti-corruption reforms for China?

I am always concerned when I hear an overseas Chinese person say “this is what Chinese believe about this issue.” Can you really generalize 1.4 billion people?

never
韩棒子狗带

>Chinese General
>not /sino/

Sino was a shitty name anyways. Chinese general is a much more straightforward name.

Where would you see 列车 instead of 火车…

Name it /china/ then

it's my bedtime i can't talk more
about his anti-corruption
what i have seen is that those overthrown governors actually have important contributions and very good reputations among the local residents like Bo Xilai in Chongqing

Okay, well I didn't make this thread. Maybe next time...
火车 refers generally to the physical object of a train.
列车 is used in reference to specific trains leaving at specific times and/or specific locations.
I.E.
你将在8号轨道找到你的列车。
Here it's saying you'll find your train at platform no. 8, so it's referring to a specific train, the one you want to get on. If I wanted to replace 列车 in this sentence with 火车 it would be technically correct but pragmatically (the proper use of words in context) wrong.
But I can say
我们坐的火车很高档
The train we rode on was very fancy. As in the actual physical object that is the train we rode on.

they are synonyms
列车 is abbr. of 铁路列车(rail train) and 火车 is its former name but more common in the spoken language
列车 is generally used in announcer's statements in the train station

>tfw thread里冷场了

what happened with /sino/?

that 火車列車 thing is retarded
IRL we don't really distinguish them in that way

didn't find this thread because it didn't have sino in the title

bad thread, ill wait for next one

/Sino/ is dead, bury it.
The next time they shine your light in the sky, don't go to it.
Consider this mercy.
It is what it is.

Yet Hu Jintao and Jiang Zemin overthrew Bo Xilai. Xi Jinping did not order Bo’s wife to murder a Brit or for Bo’s policeman to kill rich people. That happened long before Xi became leader.

Bo was also a neo-Maoist. Would China be better off ruled by a neo-Maoist?

/sino/死了
我不开心

90% of the post are made by the Cuban American Japanese American Kraut with foot fetish and Peru with autism

>my first gf ever was a transexual from the Philippines.

youtube.com/watch?v=tggef1Z_Fvc

How do you know Peru is a separate entity?

What's your opinion about Cantonese?
youtu.be/6CmRwylzlVs

Wu > Mandrin > Hakka > Minnan > teochew > C*nton

all languages of the world >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> tagalog >>>>>> chink shit

aznidentity all thought it was a white guy like the racists they are but it was actually a turkic guy lmao

rt.com/news/419794-woman-beheaded-japan-american-arrested/

什么时候白鬼灭种?

They'll say he's "white passing" or "Japan considers him white" or some shit

Reposting from last thread.

I have four servers around the world, two part of a single college campus network. All have shadowsocks installed. I've been using them in the US recently without any problems in terms of connectivity or latency.

Should this be 100% reliable in china to 翻墙? I'll be there for a week starting in a few days.

>Chinese People saying Xi's powergrab is the worst thing ever and it's the return of the emperor and China is fucked and the CCP will probably collapse.

srs? Chinese CCP leaders having more than 2 terms is pretty much standard operating procedure. Mao and Deng were in charge for decades.

youtube.com/watch?v=ncd4b5d_cM0

that's some good shit. proves once again that southern chinese are superior to soulless northern rape babies when it comes to creating art

如果一个党、一个国家把希望寄托在一两个人的威望上,并不很健康。那样,只要这个人一有变动,就会出现不稳定

It's not standard if only 2 leaders out of 5 did it.
And Deng was never President, or even GenSec of the Party.
And President is a ceremonial position at that.
Real power is vested in the GenSec. There were plenty of Presidents of China who were just wallpaper.

積分:

以觀察或意見; 合併測量:實現一成不變結果+螞蟻。

不是一個複雜的課題。 你們居然教這一切,為“困難”,因為你不希望使用“滿語”來表達你的觀點?

數學:寫英語到中國皇帝的藝術。 我是滿洲候選人。
//
积分:

以观察或意见; 合并测量:实现一成不变结果+蚂蚁。

不是一个复杂的课题。 你们居然教这一切,为“困难”,因为你不希望使用“满语”来表达你的观点?

数学:写英语到中国皇帝的艺术。 我是满洲候选人。

女兒是專為性取向的父母。
女兒是專為父母的性取向。
女兒為他們養育的性取向。

The Australian really fucking befuddles me.
Nothing he says makes any sense in either language.

我妈催我必须在习大大任期内结婚, 这下终于长舒了一口气

没办法的呀

Which is no different from my personal perspective and America as an existence in entirety. You are fine as a nation being defined by one observer, because the one thing America can only make money from is 'attention' globally.

The fact that I am the one human being that realizes you guys are a one-trick pony doesn't reduce my power.

Chinese people believe in China.
Asia believes in Dunia
I believe in World
America believes it is a global power; I do not

Ergo, you get befuddled. But hey, make another matrix. Was fun to watch as a 14 year old I guess. Or, here's an idea, how about you educate your people properly?

Calculus:
Take an observation or an opinion; merge measurements: achieve immutable result+ant.

That is all mathematics. The fact that you guys aren't able to think in 'creative analogy' with 'digital checks' being some 'internal voice' then 'America' the country or the nation has no 'collective soul/creative interest'' in anything other than itself. You have 300 million people but can't even teach people one decent level of mathematics for me to even GIVE a shit about.

That's my problem. The best idea your 'American genius' came up with was "P=NP" to whit the answer is "P!>NP"

I'm so bored of America thinking it is relevant and I will drag it into my entire 'attention sphere' and eat it as I see fit.

Why? Because I'm tall, white, male, and I have no psychological conditions that either American, British, or Australian psychiatry could 'lock me up for'.

Unlike Donald Trump. America keeps lying to itself and the world and uses Trump as the convenient 'catch-all'.

你不能說英語的中國。
中國講英語很好
講英語的美國人,中國就像是“P.F.昌”

武術大師必須做的最困難的事情是旋轉的下一個學生離開他們學習的所有高手都“來勢藝術”之前。

舞蹈是最好的門派

财富和荣耀为你的婚姻。

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-26/china-s-export-machine-is-taking-on-a-stronger-yuan-and-winning

>China’s exporters are shrugging off the surging yuan, even as it nears its strongest level since 2015.

>Growth in outbound shipments is expected to build on January’s double-digit increase to climb 6 percent in 2018, though the yuan has posted a 9 percent gain over the past year. While a rising domestic currency over time makes exports more expensive, trade isn’t suffering yet.

>Things that can explain trade’s robust performance despite the relative costliness of the yuan: strong external demand, active hedging and a shift toward more high-tech products. Resilience in exports is much needed, as a deleveraging drive and deteriorating China-U.S. trade relations still threaten the sustained expansion of the world’s second-largest economy.

中國出口禁令永久
中國進口禁令立即生效
中国进口禁令立即生效

Jiang himself ruled for 15 years and held onto the CMC until 2005 (even though the retirement rule he made said he needed to retire in 2002).

Also, the vast majority of people are obviously happy about this since stocks soared alongside the yuan.

Wtf is this picture?

習近平,偽造的測量
习近平,伪造的测量

鳥貓龍虎
鸟猫龙虎

鳥飛,魚遊
鸟飞,鱼游

it says "western garbage" on the containers
"goes home" on the flag

Clean up your garbage western media culture, America.
清理你的垃圾西方媒體文化,美利堅合眾國。
清理你的垃圾西方媒体文化,美利坚合众国。

Australia, with all its mineral wealth, will continue to engage only with Asian future prospects as America presents none for the people of China.
澳大利亞,其所有礦產資源,將繼續作為美國提出的沒有中國人民唯一與亞洲的未來前景搞。
澳大利亚,其所有矿产资源,将继续作为美国提出的没有中国人民唯一与亚洲的未来前景搞。

人無父 = Person Without Parent
男孩無父 = Boy Without Father
女兒沒有曾祖父 = Daughter Without Great Grandfather

妻子沒有丈夫
丈夫沒有中國
快速馳

Fastest Chinese Translation Examination! = 最快的中文翻譯考試!
中國最快的翻譯考試!= China's fastest translation test!

中國最快的翻譯考試!= China's fastest translation exam!
中國發展最快的翻譯考試! = China's fastest growing translation test!

中國增長最快的翻譯考試!= China's fastest-growing translation exam!

女性主義是死亡
女性主义是死亡

Yo, serious question:
in a piece of Chinese writing, if an author is trying to convey that a character is speaking with a strong accent or in a slightly different dialect, how can this be conveyed without explicitly saying something like "he spoke with a retarded accent"? I'm very curious about this

Ninth Silenced Sounding Trumpet
第九沉默探測小號

The ninth silence probe or Ninth silence detection trumpet; in English.

他說話的口氣好像他只教一個撫摸字符

六四天安門事件

天安門大屠殺
天安门大屠杀

時間旅行者走在坦克前
时间旅行者走在坦克前

what do either of these actually mean, I'm retarded

一個色的皮膚,大腦一個,一個身體。 兩隻眼睛,兩隻胳膊,兩條腿。

兩個大拇指,四指; 左右手。

兩排五個腳趾,左右腳。

我累了人類不理解這個基本的'圈定的出發點“的

時間網關打開。 擊敗。

我忘了中文和英文是不同的語言。
我忘了中文和英文是不同的语言。

我忘了,中国和英国是不同的语言。
我忘了,中國和英國是不同的語言。

中國禮品傳統腦

China is doomed.

Xi got a new nickname "袁二".

That’s fucking cool

Westerners act superior. They demand China clean up its environment. So westerners can take care of their trash.

Yuan Two?

Didn’t Taiwan become rich under Chiang and his son? Dictators in East Asia are historically great for their economies and national strength.

Everyone should report the Cuban’s thead and his gay anime pictures. Why are you all blindly following him like the chinks followed Mao?

prefer 维尼

You are the "Cuban" you stupid idiot.

>slightest mention of China
>IMMEDIATELY A SWARM OF 'MURICAN APPEARS

Why are americans so triggered?

Should be named “Chinese Language General” if anything.
/China/ would just play into the Cubans retarded fantasy that China = PRC and PRC = Taiwan which is not the case as Taiwan is not part of the PRC therefore not a part of “China” (支那) in short I will conclude this with the statement “臺灣不是中國” and “piss on the PRC”.

Pic related is my GF.

youtu.be/kIo1sHsEkno

why china be like that

暗殺習近平

暗殺鄉村青年

Assassinate Xi and who?

Shit's gonna get worse than ever. Decades more of Xi is only going to worsen the ongoing stagnation and strengthen the separatist movements in Xinjiang, Hong Kong and elsewhere.

“So pathetic, we have 1.3 billion people, no one can resist,” wrote one user.
hongkongfp.com/2018/02/27/china-drowns-critics-lifetime-xi-jinping-presidency-disagree-among-words-censored-online/

you are so naive. actually i was like you before. i thought anti corruption actually meant anti corruption and not purging your political enemies

>genuinely popular
Which is why they are shutting down accounts on Weibo that disagree with this?

Would not be surprised if there's a War in China or at least a anti-Chinese riot in Xinjiang when this all ends. The least they can do is to arm and protect themselves.