Did Star Wars Give Racists What They Wanted?

>The now iconic image of a frantic and panicking John Boyega as Finn surviving the Tie fighter crash and landing on Jakku is ingrained in many Star Wars fans. But the most important part of those opening scenes becomes clear. Finn, of course, leaves the tie fighter, and traverses the Jakku desert until he stumbles upon the settlement where he meets his future partner-in-crime, Rey. But Finn's purpose in the film is ultimately set when he is forced to slurp out of a water trough alongside an ugly alien beast--he is a glorified Jar Jar Binks. Finn is constantly sweating, displaying that panicked look, and constantly delivers his lines quickly, and bumbling-ly-Finn serves as one of the few constant sources of slapstick, mindless humor in the film, especially compared to his co-star Daisy Ridley.

Jj was /ourkike/ all along

>reading this much into a star wars flick
Same level of autism as daily shitpost thread spammers

Must begin a campaign to turn Finn into a Gary Stu; the results will be comedy gold.

Stars Wars IX: The Onslaught of Sue and Stu

>Finn serves as one of the few constant sources of slapstick, mindless humor in the film, especially compared to his co-star Daisy Ridley
The solution is simple
Next film, Luke pies Rey in the face

TRAITOR!!!

They probably should have had him actually behave like a stormtrooper and not just a standard action comedy hero.

Apologize.

Finn is a better character than Rey and he sucks

LEAVE STAR WARS TO ME white boy

Finns displays of humanity only stood out because of Reys amazing lack of any humanity

They won't be satisfied unless he's balls-deep in Rey the next episode.

I mean the problem really is the fact that he looks like a minstrel stereotype. His face is just too apelike.

3,2,3,4-4,2,3 AND These men are PAWNS! I put a price of 20,000 dirham on their heads. Next they will be hailed as the true messenger of GOD! They were just a couple of songwriters, who came to Ishtar, to break into show business. Easy boy, easy boy, easy boy, easy boy! What the hell's the matter with him is he blind?! Well yeah he is, bu-but he's in perfect condition. So how did they wind up on everyone's hit list? Your life is in danger. Behave normally we have guns pointed at your back. No don't put your hands up you idiot! Oh little darlin'. My little darlin'. I can't believe these men may control the fate of the Middle East. Oh where, ar-are you? Do it! Ayiyiyiyiyiyi schmechahii buttahotsfayaaah! This is unbelievable. HOOPA HOOPA HOOPA Kno-ow well-a. That my love-a Are the two American messengers of god dead yet? Is this the oasis? Does this look like an oasis to you? Yeah look at the birds! Are those vultures? YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH Wa-as just fo-or you He's aiming at us! Would you stop being paranoid! Run smuck, they're trying to kill us! Warren Beatty. Dustin Hoffman. Isabelle Adjani. Your girl? How did she get to be your girl? ONLY YOU! I think they're wonderful! Ishtar: Written and directed by Elaine May Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha this is some of our best work!

What? Does the author even understand what racists believe about black people? Im pretty sure Sup Forums doesnt believe "black people are panicky," racists tend to believe something more along the lines of "black people are dumb and violent".

>Anonymous 08/09/17(Wed)14:07:12 No.861
3,2,3,4-4,2,3 AND These men are PAWNS! I put a price of 20,000 dirham on their heads. Next they will be hailed as the true messenger of GOD! They were just a couple of songwriters, who came to Ishtar, to break into show business. Easy boy, easy boy, easy boy, easy boy! What the hell's the matter with him is he blind?! Well yeah he is, bu-but he's in perfect condition. So how did they wind up on everyone's hit list? Your life is in danger. Behave normally we have guns pointed at your back. No don't put your hands up you idiot! Oh little darlin'. My little darlin'. I can't believe these men may control the fate of the Middle East. Oh where, ar-are you? Do it! Ayiyiyiyiyiyi schmechahii buttahotsfayaaah! This is unbelievable. HOOPA HOOPA HOOPA Kno-ow well-a. That my love-a Are the two American messengers of god dead yet? Is this the oasis? Does this look like an oasis to you? Yeah look at the birds! Are those vultures? YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH Wa-as just fo-or you He's aiming at us! Would you stop being paranoid! Run smuck, they're trying to kill us! Warren Beatty. Dustin Hoffman. Isabelle Adjani. Your girl? How did she get to be your girl? ONLY YOU! I think they're wonderful! Ishtar: Written and directed by Elaine May Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha this is some of our best work!

>People are reading this much into a childrens movie.

>"black people are dumb and violent".
I am not a racist and black people as a demographic are less intelligent than other demographics and that does lead to higher levels of frustration and violence.
This is just how things are.

Stop posting racist facts

>I am not a racist and black people as a demographic are less intelligent than other demographics and that does lead to higher levels of frustration and violence.
You are by definition a racist even if what you said is true

Why is the truth racist?

Well, Finn was Jar Jar without the CGI.

It's quite ironic.

>make black character a good hearted bumbling 1 dimensional precious angel of a human to not appear racist
>it comes out straight minstrel show

Ever living person is racist. It's just a manifestation of the brain stem telling you to be aware among other tribes / species.

Only if he thinks it makes Negros inferior.

Pointing out differences is purely fine.

doesn't take much reading into desu
finn is a classic coon

racĀ·ism

the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

If what he said is true, then by definiton the truth is racist. Its fucking weird how much the word racist triggers Sup Forums

Just you wait. Just you wait. Criterion is one day going to re-release Ishtar, billing it as a "Madcap Comedy Masterpiece," critical reception will FINALLY come around, and Mike and Jay will finally have to admit that they never saw Ishtar and only pretended to hate it.

Mark my words. It's going to happen.

lol niggers

>the belief that all members
>all
Guess he wasn't racist after all.

All they have to do is start some sort of training arc in the next movie. Finn trains with his husbando in piloting, with C3PO in learning to speak droid, and maybe some basic lightsaber use from old jedi holocrons. Have him slowly transition from idiot to moderately competent over the course of two movies like Luke Skywalker did. Then when everyone realizes Rey is a piece of shit mary sue they can at least say Finn is a good character.

You're trying to fix his character. The question is why did JJ Abrams and Kasdan make him like this in the first place? It's like all the flaws went to Finn and all the skills to Rey.

god is racist

As a racist I did kinda like Finn in the movie, so I guess they might be on to something.