What am I in for?

What am I in for?

fantastic film, seriously

a waste of time tbqh. Movie tries to hit all the usual docudrama beats but it ends up feeling hollow.

Imagine if Wolf of Wall Street was an entertaining film with characters instead of caricatures.

Imagine being a dick

downloaded in one time to kill some time and have fun because "lol mcd documentary"
Good Kino though

Great stuff

move made me want to get a mcdouble

Heart disease and/or diabetes.

Not wrong about the second part but I thought it was worth watching.

Pure kino

eh its a movie

I mean, waste of time might be too harsh, but I don't think I would miss anything if I never saw it.

what a vile piece of shit Ray Kroc was

imagine sucking a lot of dick while taking a big shit

The jew and the goy brothers.

More like imagine Wolf of Wall Street but nothing like it and boring.

Why did McDonald's make a movie about how their founder was a colossal dick?

I love that part when
>Why is a Jewish kid like you selling christian bible?
>I'm just trying to make some money

It's an extremely good movie based on a kinda dull story. It's still good, but it's a shame the same crew didn't make a film about someone more interesting than a guy who opened a lot of fast food joints. Still worth a watch though.

As much as people hate winners, they love them. Look at all the chads people (women) bitch about. Yet they throw themselves at them.

A detailed expose why capitalism is the most flawed and destructive system currently used in modern times.

>spot the commie
get the hell out of here ya ruskie

Ironically if the brothers can figured out the land leasing idea before they met Kroc they could have had their franchise with the quality standards they wanted. Not having leverage over their franchisees is why standards fell.

Two Brothers Get Cucked: The Movie

Looks like kino's on the menu, boys.

Patrick Wilson also

It started off okay-ish but when Keaton said after eating his first McDonalds fluff meat snack: "This is the BEST Hamburger I have ever had". I literally screamed and stopped watching.

It was a different time

The original mccheese was closer to a modern in and out burger.

Propaganda, but entertaining propaganda. If anything, watch it for Michael Keaton.

So this is the power of autism..

>entire movie is about how a local restaurant changed when some asshole turned it into a national then international chain
>can't conceive that the food back then isn't the same as the crap as they serve today

Ray Kroc is a traveling salesman selling Prince Castle brand milkshake mixers in 1954 but with little success. While he has a supportive wife, Ethel, and has saved enough to live a simple and comfortable life in Arlington Heights, Illinois, he craves more. After learning that a drive-in in San Bernardino is ordering an unusually large number of milkshake mixers, Ray drives to California to see it. What he finds is McDonald's—a highly popular walk-up restaurant with fast service, high-quality food, disposable packaging, and a family-friendly atmosphere.

Ray meets with the two McDonald brothers, Maurice "Mac" and Richard "Dick" McDonald. Ray tours the kitchens and notes the employees' strong work ethic. Dick explains the high-quality food and lightning-fast service are the backbones of their diner. Ray takes the brothers to dinner and is told the origin story of McDonald's. The next day, Ray suggests that the brothers franchise the restaurant and discovers that they had previously attempted to do so only to encounter absentee owners and inconsistent standards which ultimately led to the failure of the endeavor. Ray persists and eventually convinces the brothers to allow him to lead their franchising efforts on the condition that he agree to a contract which requires all changes to receive the McDonald brothers' approval in writing.

I don't know why. The movie basically implied McDonalds food used to be decent, but now it's not because of Keaton's character. It's very anti-McDonalds in that respect.

Initially, Ray begins building a McDonald's restaurant in Des Plaines, Illinois while attempting to entice wealthy investors (specifically fellow members at the country club he and Ethel were members of) to open franchises, but encounters the same poor management ethic which doomed the original franchise efforts. Ray hits on the idea of franchising to middle-class investors, who are more likely to be hands-on and willing to follow the McDonald's formula. This proves successful, and new franchises begin opening across the Midwest, with Ray representing himself as the creator of McDonald's. During this time, Ray meets Rollie Smith, an upscale restaurant owner in Minnesota who wishes to invest, and his wife Joan, to whom Ray is immediately attracted.

Despite his success, Ray begins to encounter financial difficulties as his share of franchise profits is limited due to his contract. Owners are encountering higher than expected costs, particularly for refrigeration of large quantities of ice cream for milkshakes. Joan suggests a powdered milkshake to Ray as a way to avoid these costs, but the brothers refuse to compromise the quality of their food. With his debts mounting and the threat of foreclosure on his house (as he had mortgaged it for extra capital), Ray goes to his bank to attempt to renegotiate his loan, but it refuses. Fortunately, he is overheard by Harry Sonneborn, a financial consultant for Tastee-Freez, who agrees to review Ray's books. He realizes that the real profit opportunity is in providing real estate to the franchisees, which will not only provide a revenue stream, but give Ray leverage over his franchisees and over the McDonald brothers. Ray incorporates a new company, Franchise Realty Corporation, and attracts new investors. This move upsets the brothers and emboldens Ray: he increasingly defies them by circumventing their authority and providing powdered milkshakes to all franchisees.

>inconsistent standards which ultimately led to the failure of the endeavor.

oh the irony.

Ray renames his company to The McDonald's Corporation and demands to be released from his contract and buy the brothers out, the news of which sends Mac into diabetic shock. Ray visits him in the hospital and offers a blank check to settle their business. The brothers agree to a $2.7 million lump sum payment, ownership of their original restaurant in San Bernardino, and a 1% annual royalty, but when the time comes to finalize the agreement, Ray refuses to include the royalty in the settlement and instead offers it as a handshake agreement. Afterwards, in the men's room, Dick asks Ray why he had to take over their business, when he could have easily stolen their idea and recreated it. Ray reveals that the true value of McDonald's is the name itself, which expresses all the attributes of Americana (vs his Czech Slavic-sounding name of Kroc).

The McDonald brothers are forced to take their own name off the original restaurant and Ray opens a new McDonald's franchise directly across the street from the original restaurant to finally put the McDonald brothers out of business. The film closes in 1970 with him preparing a speech where he praises himself for his success in his elaborate mansion with his new wife, Joan. An epilogue reveals that the McDonald brothers were never paid their royalties, which could have been in the area of $100 million a year.

thread

Batman
Penguin

absolutely shit opinion. it's a character drama shitard. you're feeling that it's hollow because you're autistic and can't understand characters in movies.

why did they make this into a movie?

I don't think I'll be able to comfortably eat Micky D's for a while knowing the McDonald's brothers got fucked over that bad

But it's a charming and well directed piece, hope youve seen it by now

If it helps Ray Kroc has been dead for 30 years.

>burgers and fries with silverwear
can this be the new chocolate milk posting

In other words he got away with it and lived an entire life of luxury, before dying at a ripe old age whilst fucking ten supermodels at once as Ethel watched and shlicked her dusty old pooter

kek emotional little bitch

>that slap in the face to Micky D's when Dick says "what's next, we start serving FROZEN FRIES??"

It's an interesting story, two mom 'n' pop restaurant owners come up with the standard fast food system we know today and get little to no credit and are run out of business because some nobody leeched off of them and took the credit, what, would you rather see another teal-lit jumpscare-palooza?

Underrated comment

Michael Keaton is a good actor.