Midnighter and Apollo #1 Lettered Preview

WildStorm's most famous couple, finally in their own comic book!

FFS, I uploaded the wrong page first!

Variant

FIN

Fuck yes. The World's Finest Dynamic Beefcake Duo rides again.
BEGONE DICKNIGHTER...but not so far away that we can't have playful onesided flirtation that makes Andrew a little uncomfortable.

I want a flashback of Apollo dating Mikaal

This.

Holy shit, that'd be great. It'd also give Orlando a chance to give Apollo a voice beyond Midnighter's gay Superman boyfriend.

Based.

I wonder what the Wildstorm announcement at NYCC is. Hopefelly my boy Jack Hawksmoor gets to be in something.

He punched that guy's head clean off...

This book is going to be great.

Not his first time.

Because all gay characters are obliged to date each other?
I'd much prefer a new face instead.

Apollo best boy.

No, because Apollo was living in Opal City and I want to see Mikaal again

They can be platonic friends too, I don't care

That'd be cool, he has real potential.

because it would be a good way to bring Mikaal back into continuity. Two birds, one stone.

I love Fernando Blanco.

>Not wanting to see gay orgy
Shit taste desu.

Nope.
Looking through my saved pages made me miss the early use of X Ray in the mini.

If this was a Marvel comic people would bitch no stop

> established gay characters that replace literally no one

how so?

One of the best first issues I've read in the last couple of years. Shit was so hype.

Those are established gay characters, you moron, not something that came out from Bendis's retarded immagination.

Exactly. These are established cherished characters that simply tend to fly under the radar doing their own thing. They don't scream "we are trying to get SJW points with this doughnut steel character that is going to replace the one people who've carried our business for decades love." If Marvel did more things like this, and fewer like they have been doing, people wouldn't be bitching anywhere near as much.

If it were a Marvel comic the bottom panel here would have him with his arms folded and saying "challenge accepted"

Ugh. fags.

Disgusting

as if this place doesn't bitch to new character that are gay or black too

so the only excuse you have is "they created these before I was born or joined the alt-right meme so it's ok even if they are just like the characters I bitch no stop all the time"

is that why you have no mirrors in your house, user?

If Midnighter can slut around, so can Apollo.

No one is mentioning that there is a mech made out of trains.

St-stop. Apollo is pure. He just wants to marry his one boy and live in a suburban house with a white picket fence.

Midnighter pls

I'm not sure what I want more, pure housewife Apollo or dirty slut Apollo

>implying Middy wants Saint Apollo and not the other way around

One left the other for being literally too good.

I'm not against him slutting around, even though that goes against his established character, I just hate the cliche that says that any two gay characters that meet must automatically get it on, because they're gay.

Exactly.

No, our excuse that these are actually well-written characters who have agenda besides them being gay.

The fuck did I just read? And I mean that in a good way.

Goddamn that's a nice action sequence.
I wish more artists payed attention to the continuity of their action sequences like this.

You didn't read last year's Midnighter? You should.

BRUTAL

>literally GAY parodies of Superman and Batman
>no agenda besides being gay parodies

Anyone who says Midnighter is just gay Batman hasn't read any Midnighter.

This, he is gay edgy Batman

Is he ok?

Apollo is still missing the Fabio hair.
I mean, I am glad this happening but just saying.

When's this out?

>edgy Batman
You can just say Batman user.
Middy is also fun, and has a sense of humor, both things Bruce has rules against.

October 5th

Are these the same pirates from Morrison's Seven Soldiers?

Oh good, I still have time to preorder it.

Thanks, user!

Gee, user, I don't know. It's honestly hard to tell.

No problem.

The DC post with the preview said the preorder cutoff is Sep 12 or something like that. I have no idea what that means, I can only buy digital and trades since I'm from Yurop.

They've been around for over 10 years, and they've never attempted to replace the source that brought them to life.

Why is Apollo a blonde buzzcut now....he used to have glorious long platinum Fabio hair

Fucking sad

>people unironically like the Fabio hair
Never understood it desu.

pure slut is always the correct choice

Plebs can't comprehend patrician tastes

Fabio Apollo best Apollo

That's the last day for comic shops to put in their order to the distributors

He was meant to be a Batman pastiche, not a parody, learn the difference, user, otherwise you'll just keep on embarassing yourself.
And he's evolved since then to a point he's literally nothing like Batman anymore.

I hate the Fabio hair, so I'm happy about this.

>another Batfamily member gets a book

Why? There are thousand of DC characters and they keep making Batman related stuff, will they ever fucking stop?

If you like Harlequin novels, sure.

>Batfamily member
ahahahahaha what

I know you're trolling me, but I'm still triggered.

> ITT: people who only known him from Grayson

I'm just glad Apollo is getting more exposure

God, I'm so turned on right now.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting son.

Bingo. Apollo and Midnighter's seniority is the only thing getting them shit on.

*keeping them from

Apollo is not well written at all, user.

He suffers from being eternally shoved into things as Midnighter's husband, but he does have a personality (and plots) beyond "gay".

not really
his personality changes wildly between writers because midnighter is the important one or the one people like

Fuck yes, the subway pirates were my favorite part of Seven Soldiers. Have they ever shown up anywhere else?

I'd say he's had a pretty stable characterization since being introduced in Nu52.

He really doesn't.

Will Apollo ever get his immaculate original costume back?

No. Old designs are rarely brought back, and I really don't see any reason for returning to this one.

Well his new costume is fucking atrocious. That's a decent reason.

Midnighter went back to his old costume, after all.

His new costume is great because you can see his 10/10 arms.

The old one isn't better. If anything, the gold boots and/or whatever he's wearing on his legs in are a major improvement.

His new design is better than the original. The only good thing that came from Nu52 Stormwatch.

This. The "guns out" costume is A+

I need more qt Apollo

Why is Andrew so perfect?

And here we have the people who post all that worthless garbage in character redesign threads.

I love Orlando's Midnighter, but I'm ready for Apollo to get a chance to shine. This is a good start. So hype for this.

shut the fuck up, garbage man, his old costume is ass.

I know you're one of those "not muh" people, but you could've been a little less obvious about it.

>anything new is bad!
Nah.

>The art is still poser generated