Now that we're decently into Rebirth, how would you rank the Bat titles?

Now that we're decently into Rebirth, how would you rank the Bat titles?

>Nightwing
>Detective Comics
>Batman
>Birds of Prey
>RHatO
>Batgirl

And with OP's post, we're off to a rotten start.

>Nightwing that high

does fanservice really make a book so much better than others?

Nightwing doesn't even really have much fanservice. I know this board loved to yell "you only love Grayson because of ass shots!" but that can't always be your defense

>Nightwing

Redhood should be higher

Is that the only Bat-comics being published?

>Batman
>Nightwing
>Detective
>RHaTO
>Birds of Prey
>Batgirl

Until Super Sons starts, yeah. Also Gotham Academy Second Semester starts next week if you count that.

Birds of Prey and Red Hood suck, Batgirl is better than the last run but still not great, everything else is good. Also DKIII's okay but needs to hurry the fuck up and finish.

this desu

>Detective
>RHaTo
>Birds of prey
>Nightwing
>Batman
>Batgirl

Is Tim Drake still cucked by the writers in Tec?

Tim is being written better than he has been since pre-new 52 (yes that's not a high bar, but he actually feels like Tim again.) Also he's banging Steph, so he's got that going for him.

>cucked

what does it mean in this instance?

That's good to head. Is he anything like he was pre-Nu52?

Being written in the same style/character as Lobdell wrote him

>Is he anything like he was pre-Nu52?
I would say yes.

>Nightwing
>Batman
>Birds of Prey
>Batgirl
>Red Hood
>>>>>
>Detective Comics
I've actually really enjoyed all the bat comics save Detective Comics.

Seeley said he learned his lesson, so there's barely any fanservice at all in Nightwing.
Which is precisely why the Nightwing threads die earlier than the Grayson ones did

Is he still some gymnast who googled Bruce Wayne's identity as batman and got his parents into witness protection, or is he the same Tim from A Lonely Place of Dying?

>Seeley said he learned his lesson
He learned the wrong lesson, unfortunately

I don't think they've explcitly un-retconned his origins, (Rebirth wasn't for that) but they've dropped all reference to it and you can easily read this run without ever knowing that the New52 abomination happened

Didn't realize it before, but that is a dope logo.
Just wish they'd retire the ugly pic related.

I like that batsymbol, all the need is to remove the "batman" part

Nightwing thread lasted for days though. Some of us actually like Dick as a character, people only started memeing hardcore that he was for gay dudes in the last like 4 years.

>RHatO that high
>Batman below BoP

Jesus Christ

how would you rank other rebirth titles?
whats been the best so far

>Nightwing
>Tec
>Batman
>RHATO
>Batgirl = BOP
Tragic how BOP has ok writing with shit art and Batgirl has shit writing with good art. If they took Batgirl art and put it on BOP then BOP would be pretty ok I think.

King bringing in all the D listers really pushes Batman to the top for me, I'm hype for Monster men with the new Reis artwork too

While those bits were fun, they kind of felt like pandering. Also having 3 silly villains take a majority of the issue detracted from the somber tone that I feel the issue should have had.

QUICK Sup Forums
rank the Super-titles too

New Super-Man > Superwoman > Superman > Supergirl > Action Comics

Superwoman had a good first issue and Supergirl had a meh rebirth issue and first issue

Reis was on for one issue. The Monster Men issues are drawn by Reilley Rossmo
>that feel when fill in artists are better than your main artists

I actually like it for his portrayal of Batman, a Bruce that is actually a nice person while still being serious and trying to do the right thing and is not afraid to help others and is aware of his limits.

Agreed

Literally this

I'm only enjoying Red Hood right now.

>Batman
>Detective Comics
>Nightwing
>Batgirl
>Birds of Prey
>RHatO

u havin a laf?

>Batgirl
>everything else

This top tier taste

Have you read Red Hood? It at least deserves to be above Batman. I know it defies logic considering it is still written by Lobdell, but thus far its actually really good.

>Nightwing

No.

>Detective Comics
>Batman
>RHatO
>Nightwing
>Birds of Prey
>Batgirl

>Tec
>RHatO
>Nightwing
>Batman
>BoP
Not reading Batgirl

>>Nightwing

Only the rebirth issue was good. After that, Lobdell went right back to mediocre.

Batgirl is completely fine in almost all regards

Is Detective Comics now about the Batfamily.

It's about the Batfamily that couldn't hold their own books, so Batwoman, Tim, Steph, and Cass. Aslo Clayface who is great.

All of them but Clayface have held their own books so it's more for characters DC can't be half assed to care about.

The first issue was really good actually.

Batman
Nightwing

Throw the rest in the trash.

I agree

I am looking for a batsenpaitachi book.
Sell me on you're favorite.
I'm eyeing Detective Comics.

>Tim is being written better

he's still being written as "l33tzors hacker genius"

>he's banging Steph
then it's not Tim then

>he's still being written as "l33tzors hacker genius"
He's always kind of been the the "tech" robin. That's part of the reason people say he's superfluous- because we already had Oracle

No it doesn't. It's still full of awkward exposition and dull plots, the main difference is that editorial is reigning Lobdell in so instead of random space adventures or magical assassins, Jason's fighting Black Mask again

pre-flashpoint, he was "good with tech" in the same way that normal teenagers are good with computers. Most of his "smarts" come from doing detective work.

Now, he's literally inventing self-healing buildings.

It's absolutely a mishmash, but Bruce and Kate actually acknowledging their being cousins, and exploring what being a family means, while Tim is actually being written like something like he used to be, while also considering a future out of costume, as well as Clayface, the book makes for great dynamics, moments, and character interactions.

>Batman
>Nightwing
>Detective Comics
>Batgirl
>Birds of Prey
>Red Hood and the Outlaws

>Superwoman
>New Super-Man
>Superman
>Supergirl
>Action Comics

Batwoman held her own book when she had JH Williams, a big name artist writing and drawing her.

Tim held his own book as Robin, and for a while as Red Robin when he actually had momentum. Today, a Red Robin book wouldn't sell for shit.

Cass and Steph were Batgirl when they had their solos. They're no longer Batgirl.

Really? If its doing anything, it is giving Jason a dynamic other than being the first Robin who died, who pretends to be a rebel, but falls in line with the rest of the family the moment he is told to. Dick may have been the first Robin to assume his own identity, but he is effectively the text book superhero. If Jason were to go and become the Robin who assumes his own identity, and leverages it to be a masked Matches Malone, if editorial is persistant on his not being a family rogue, then I'll take it over how they've been using him since the New 52 began. At least it is something that can be his. Hell, Dick venturing into that in Nightwing, while enjoyable, still felt a bit off because that seemed like something more in Jason's wheelhouse. If he can't go full baddie, but wants to run around pretending to be, at least it explains why Bruce allows it, and lets Jason be his own character instead of the manifested redundancy he's otherwise become.

>Hell, Dick venturing into that in Nightwing, while enjoyable, still felt a bit off because that seemed like something more in Jason's wheelhouse.

With Dick though, putting a traditional superhero in that area of gray morality makes for an interesting internal conflict. And Dick's background makes him a good fit for someone who, while instilled with a no-killing rule, is willing to improvise and toss away the rulebook, as he's taking on globetrotting missions where he doesn't have a law enforcement organization to answer to.

With Jason, the undercover route is fine for now, but how long will it go on? You still have to introduce Artemis and Bizarro, who don't really fit with this direction. The main conflict for now is whether or not Jason will kill anyone despite promising Bruce not to. After that, then what?

>good
Deathstroke
Wonder Woman
Aquaman

>Sup Forums loves it for some reason, but Sup Forums also likes bad things
Green Arrow
Green Lanterns

>not bad, but meh
Hal Jordan and the GLC
Blue Beetle
Titans

>throw it in a fire
Justice League

>With Jason, the undercover route is fine for now, but how long will it go on? You still have to introduce Artemis and Bizarro, who don't really fit with this direction. The main conflict for now is whether or not Jason will kill anyone despite promising Bruce not to. After that, then what?
You do know that RHATO just started, right?

And Jason isn't staying undercover for long. He just trying to take down Black mask for now and soon we will find out how Artemis and Bizarro will fit in.

Should replace Green Arrow with the godawful inferiority complex Aquaman.

green arrow and flash have been pretty okay.
Getting caught up on wonder woman now and gotta agree there.

But thank you, i'll give the other 2 good ones a shot

>Some of us actually like Dick as a character

The reason I can never get into Aquaman comics is because they never shut the fuck up with the "No guys, take me super seriously you guys"

pls no bully