I am done discussing politics with friends/family

It never ends well, nobody wants to listen to either side of the argument, they are entrenched on one side or the other and will not change their stance no matter what argument you present to them.

I try to show my heavily democratic family all the evidence of Hillary's warmongering, sell out nature and they don't care, its just "oh well everyone makes mistakes, did you see the ad about Trump making fun of a handicap guy!" or "america is just afraid of a female president! They slander her to keep their safe man cave society intact!"

Its fucking stupid, CTR and the Clinton foundation are performing their jobs remarkably apparently, or maybe its how it has always been. People choose their side at a young age, depending on region and upbringing and don't change. The DNC and Obama suppory Hillary and so do they no matter what. I will never change their mind even if I show them emails and pics of Hillary shitting on a dead soldiers grave while signing a bill made by George Soros to allow ISIS to establish a base in the USA.

It all ends in arguments, they get mad at me and it hurts our relationship. I am changing the subject from now on, its not fucking worth it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C3aK9AS4dT0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bump

that happened to me many times too

look you have to know with whom you can talk about politics and the conversation don't become a competition or as you said don't listen to the other side or try to understand what the other is saying

my advice is that don't talk about politics with people that don't know how to have a civilized conversation and off course if it is damaging your relationship with your family don't push the conversation to those limits when people get angry or don't talk about it

I wish a happening would happen

Everyday it is more and more clear that the only way to solve our problems is a "final solution".

Call them out on it,
Tell them that it isnt an argument , its really not hard to communicate with people
Tell them that their moral compass if fucked
And that they are sexists assholes

Show them the video of Hillary saying Blacks are super predators that need to be bought to heel. Then mention her prior membership with a Whites Only country club and her close friendship with a KKK grand wizard.

Hit liberals where they live.

>bought

*brought

Boy was that slip unfortunate.

Yeah, this is basically what happens and it becomes "wow so you don't care he is sexist and bigoted? How could you be so insensitive to the minorities" and shit like that, just rhetorical strawman bullshit and falling back on Shillary TV ads.

I dont care anymore, fuck the baby boomers.

>Family pretty pro democrat aside from me and sister
>We slowly redpill them over the course of a year
>They go for Cruz initially, but after seeing what a rat he is immediately get on the Trump train
>They have donated over $500 to the Trump campaign in the last 4 months
>Sister has started on husbands family now

the liberal mind is a malleable one and when they swing, they swing hard. Those who are not so deeply entrenched can be swayed with facts, anecdotal evidence, and when that fails, appeals to emotion.

logic and reason are foreign to most people

you gotta get them with humor
show them hillary's bizarre behaviour
that will appeal to them more than anything you try to say

appeal to emotions
it should work

>Bantz, or nothing.
Wise words.

How did you redpill them, i show them them pics and graphs from here and its dismissed as propaganda or "thats simply untrue!" But a fucking anti trump TV ad is legit as fuck, because it was on ABC.

user

its time to start your own family and meet new friends

"Do you support me being shot?"

The trick is to make fun of them (or stupid ideas/point of views respectively). Not in a mean kind of way, and not too straight forward, but...
>it will really make them think
all of a sudden.

N.b. hyperbole always does the trick.

Anyone supports Hilary here? I don't know much about what's going on "really".

Most pro Hillary arguments I hear are about cultural tolerance and women being held back, real cuck shit. Its never "her policies are superior, she will help the deficit with this tax plan!", its all feels and appeal to emotion.

Show them stats about islamic countries executing homosexuals, oppressing women, honor killings, and then ask why those countries donated to hillary.

What you have to do is attack Hillary as though you were one of them. Argue not from the typical FoxNews/talk radio perspective, but from the independent/left. For example, point out how illegal immigration harms and undermines the organized labor movement, and the black community.

They are expecting what they've heard and that's why they seem so entrenched, so flank them with a fresh perspective, or attack them from the rear with their own progressive perspective.

Don't say you support Trump so you don't have to waste time defending him, and they can't have that kneejerk tit-for-tat response. Say you support Jill Stein and get the Hillary supporters to make neocon and corporatist arguments. They'll be spending their time dealing with Hillary's profound corruption etc, instead of counterattacking.

>Family of libtards who openly scoff whenever they hear Trump say something on TV
>Slowly redpill them on Hillary
>Think I'm finally getting through to them
>"Eh, all politicians are like that, Trump isn't any better."
(CAN'T WAKE UP)

You'll have to use more feels and less facts.

If you don't care enough let it go, its your fucking family. If you really care so much stop posting on this board and go out and do something. If you're too much of a pussy to stand up for what you believe in you should just let it go.

So is it like you guys are choosing the one who is less shite. Or trump genuinely good?

I never understood the just accepting blatant corruption as the norm thing. If every politician is corrupt, and you cannot elect someone who isn't, doesn't that mean its time for a revolution?

>not being able to subtly push the conversation toward what you want to talk about

its very satisfying to see at least one trump cuck realize how fucking pathetic they are and that they cant change shit. been telling you losers this the whole time. he can't win, the left is the majority and if you speak up you will be silenced or have your career ruined.

They are emotionally driven, not mental driven.

proof the media is shilling
proof the odds are stacked
proof that he doesn't say anything close to half of what the media reports
multiple sources on Hillary corruption from several news sites (more mainstream the better)
footage of anti-trump protests
sob stories about how illegals kill families
stories of entire towns destroyed by outsourcing
pointing at near any given story out of germany
etc

Trump is the most genuine mother fucker to run for US president in our lifetime

Let it go, user. You don't want to be the loud mouthed talk radio guy at Thanksgiving who won't shut up about Obama and Hillary. I have an uncle like that. Fuckin guy's annoying

it doesnt work, we are past the days of peaceful resolution. if we dont kill the lefties theyll never go away.

Find friends upset bernie didnt get nominated and shill them to get back at DNC for not nominating by viting trump, I have convinced 3 people already, Show them this music too

youtube.com/watch?v=C3aK9AS4dT0

He has good policies that arent appeals to emotion and isn't a transparent corrupt sellout like Hillary. He isn't amazing, but I am willing to give him a shot.

All you can do with these super entrenched types is be the best role model (person) you can be, and hope that one day they realize you're someone to emulate.

That or find out what their true motivation for Hillary is and convince them to at least stay home and not vote. (i.e. Hillary hates the poor! Hillary is for Wall Street! Hillary will start WWIII! etc.)

>Trump is the most genuine mother fucker to run for US president in our lifetime

Except I was alive in 1980. Trump ain't got nothing on Reagan in genuineness.

The beauty/tragedy about political arguments or any argument between 2 heavily rooted and opposing opinions is that the more you argue, the more invested in your opinion you'll get. It's a pissing match, unless you absolutely drop a woke bomb or be nice and respectful.

Okay. Trump actually seems genuine in that regard. But I don't know, he was like a meme one year ago. Everyone was like yeah nah. All of a sudden he is best candidate. Don't you think he is under qualified to handle these things? Will he be overwhelmed by the large number of crucial decisions which will affect the world? Don't you think he is risky?

It's ok to turn off the life support if they're vegetables. Kill them m80.

I actually basically stopped talking to my grandmother because of politics. She went full blown Goku when it comes to power levels. I consider myself fairly conservative and post here almost daily but holy fuck she's annoying. She's basically the stereotype of Sup Forums but on steroids
>inb4 libcuck
I just want to visit my family without having a 4 hour lecture on why every country with a brown people majority should be completely glassed
>hey grandma, how was the party last week?
>fuckin' indians, user. I swear to Christ they ruin everything. You know grandfather was a real piece of shit but at least our Indians(natives) weren't brown
>t-t-that's nice. Would you like to me to get you some tea?
>[4 hours of why everything is a chinese bought conspiracy for indians to bring down the west]

>Trump ain't got nothing on Reagan in genuineness.
Reagan and Margaret Thatcher are to blame for the current degenerative state of world. Both pushed for neoliberal policies a lot.

You just NOW realized this?

Better late than never.