How come Marvel has all the good artists when compared to DC...

How come Marvel has all the good artists when compared to DC? There is literally no DC book that compares to Tartakovsky's CAGE.

>all the good artists
>1 artist
>the rest of their books look like they were drawn by people from DA

Nice bait thread.

1/10 made me reply
>Squirrel Girl
>Using the Bee & Puppycat artist for guest art
>That retarded new art style for Gwenpool
Have you ever considered just ending your life, OP?

Bizarro

>(((good artists)))

Land?

>That retarded new art style for Gwenpool
It was just for the Miles arc because Japanese people don't know how to draw black people.

>Japanese people don't know how to draw black people
Didn't realise Gwen was black.

>using the people that are literally jokes in the industry and are only hired because they are fast.

Mike Del Mundo is on Hulk eats everyone on DC for lunch, m8.

>Francis Manapul
>Patrick Gleason

It's too bad there's no good writing to back up the art at Marvel.

Threads about people who dont read comics.
Marvel is more than Gwenpool, Hellcat and Squirrel Girl.

It's for the Miles arc that it has the art you posted, because the normal artist(Japanese) doesn't know how to draw black people.

Reading comprehension, nerd.

Del Mundo is wasted on shit writing and DC has Manapul that's at the very least on par with Del Mundo if not straight up better.

Fuck off shill, this looks like tumblr-tier meme-garbage. This doesn't even remotely compare to their sleight of top tier, best-in-class artists that DC has bringing their Rebirth masterpieces to life.

What shit writing are you referring to? Weirdworld was great and Hulk is excellent.

Those two are shit.

But Gwenpool is the best ongoing they have.

Why.

This is a thread about the general art in two companies, not about the art in the 1 marvel book you read compared to the 15 DC books you read. Marvel has a lot of titles that this thread's casuals are ignoring.

Correct, they have 80 books and the vast majority of them are shit across the board. The only good artist they have that's on a good book is probably Rocafort and whoever is drawing Vision, everyone else is wasted.

>Literally Who and Chink Hulk
>not shit on principle
Wow, this place really is Sup Forumsmblr.

Because Aaron can't into subtlety to save his lile and Hulk is a comedy series that's not funny.

>reading current Marvel
>calling other people casuals

wew

The art in Vision sucks.

Discussing something you know nothing about makes you a casual, yeah.

>Because Aaron can't into subtlety to save his lile
What does that have to do with Weirdworld, a high-fantasy sword-and-sorcery book?

Shit nigga, I doubt you even came up with that "Aaron can't into subtlety" opinion yourself. If anything, you probably got it off of one of my posts.

I know it's SJW pandering garbage, and that's enough to know it's fucking shit.

>I'll talk about things I don't read
bravo

Olivetti

>thinking you're better than me because you read garbage like Unbeatable Squirrel Beast and Hellcat
WEW LAD, FUCK OFF?

>thinking you know anything about the majority of a publisher because of two titles you don't even read, and don't represent anything

wait for scioli

>Japanese people don't know how to draw black people.
Really? Kawamoto seemed to do a good job with Cowboy Bebop, not to mention the characters in Michiko and Hatchin

Is that Getafix?
Does Duarte put him in all his comics?

OK, then how about Female Thor, Black Captain America, Black Girl Female Iron Man, Asian Hulk, Girl Wolverine, Muslim Miss Marvel, and Girl Deadpool?

That's way more than "two titles."

Even if Marvel only had two horrible titles, that's still two more than DC has so there's really no excuse for not dropping them and reading Rebirth instead.

Sure dude, drawing a european with standard caucasoid features and giving them brown skin really is making a black character.

Seriously?

>What is Batman Beyond, Justice League, and Harley Quinn?

DC has Manapul, Otto Schmidt and the other GA artist, Luppachino, Gleason, Meyers, whoever is on GL that did sexy Hal, and Doc Shaner.

And still the shittiest DC artist is way better than the shittiest Marvel artist.

That said I hope they do hire someone good for the new Nova series.

All way better than anything Marvel is putting out try again shill.

What a shitty thread. Full of company shills and fanboys shit flinging each other.

And Marvel has Del Mundo, Tartakovsky, Smallwood, Dauterman, Rocafort, Samnee, Coipel and Shalvey.

See, I can pick and choose too. Both companies have good artists employed, no need to be a retarded brand loyalist about it.

Breaking: ideas aren't bad. The only factor is execution.
Otherwise Batman in highschool would be complete garbage, but Batman Beyond is aces.

Del Mundo is technically and artistically better than anyone else working for the big two. Manapaul is very good but it's ridiculous to think he is even comparable to someone whose talent greatly transcends the comic book medium.

Note that I mean the cartoon and not the comic. Which just proves the point more.

>Coipel
Might as well count Reis, Mahnke, Fabok for DC too then.

And Shalvey isn't drawing anything at Marvel, he;s drawing All Star Batman though.

Also Sean Murphy, Joelle Jones, Tom Scioli, Fernando Blanco, Riley Rossmo

Lel no.

Wow, great counterargument.

Now you're just shitposting.

Not to mention ALL of the Young Animal artists and the guy who works on the Flintstones.

counter argument ? are you implying you had an argument in the first place?

Yes, this
>Del Mundo is technically and artistically better than anyone else working for the big two. Manapaul is very good but it's ridiculous to think he is even comparable to someone whose talent greatly transcends the comic book medium.
is an argument, whether you agree with it or not.

>cartooning is pretty good
>paneling and backgrounds are hot garbage/nonexistent

wew lad

Welcome to Sup Forums, where no one cares about the part of the art that is the core of the medium.

Then
>Manapul is technically and artistically better than anyone else working for the big two. Del Mundo is very good but it's ridiculous to think he is even comparable to someone whose talent greatly transcends the comic book medium.
Is an appropriate counter argument, whether you agree with it or not.

Has Manapul done anything outside of comics?

>implying the part of the art that's core of the medium isn't attractive faces and accurate anatomy

That isn't the core of the medium. That's just generic aesthetic for art in any form. Comics are defined by being sequential art. So paneling and clearly establishing space/time are the key component.

Most cartoonists are freelance and have worked for Marvel and DC

I was kidding, user. Your average Sup Forums shitposter literally only cares about how attractive faces are and how accurate the anatomy is. It could be 10/10 absolutely perfect art in every way, with brilliant paneling, use of sequential art, backgrounds, and general style, but if the faces are a little bit wonky then it's 0/10 garbage and the artist is a hack.

Oh well, then I completely agree with you. I can't tell sincerity from garbage anymore.
Btw, what are some series you would recommend for showing off the medium? I've been wanting to read some lately, but don't have the energy to look them up on my own.