Watch this end up being the best animated original DC movie since Gods and Monsters

Watch this end up being the best animated original DC movie since Gods and Monsters.

It's a foregone conclusion at this point that'll be the best DC movie of 2016.

Not much competition.

They blew it with TKJ and the new 52 movies are mediocre at their best.

Lego movies are ace though

Real question.

If West came back for a live action Batman Beyond movie set in 2017 and filmed in the style of his Batman what you think?

The DC OVA's haven't been good for a long time. I think there's more shit than good ones at this point

Oh fuck, you're right. Never mind their animated movies, their live-action ones have been shit too.

Although the Hero of the Year DCSHG movie was actually pretty damn good.

I would actually sort of want this.

I was just thinking last night that a sort of Morrison-esque throwback to Adam West's Batman with some more modern sensibilities would be fucking sick.

I took a shit yesterday, and it looked kind of like a Bat. If I streamed that in theaters, it would be the best DC movie of 2016

Bad Blood and JL vs Titans were kind of fun. Not great, but they weren't offensively stupid.

>JL vs Titans
No user, no.

are any of these movies good aside from Under the Red Hood

Year One and Dark Knight Returns were great.

I liked Green Lantern First Flight

all-star superman if you havent read it.
and vs the Elite.

also if you haven yet, Mask of the Phantasm

I liked New Frontier, Wonder Woman, The Elite, Public Enemies, Assault on Arkham. Even Crisis on Two Earths was decent.

Literally too old. West can die any year now, Keaton's the answer.

thanks bois

Keaton's the better choice anyways. Better actor and he's not opposed to playing different takes on his character while Adam West takes being Batman seriously and doesn't want to play against type.

Well for my idea, they wouldn't necessarily cast Adam West, just have a similar-ish tone and design aesthetic but modernized and more serious. Essentially embracing the camp for that era.

Maybe not for a movie but for a short tv miniseries, it could be something really awesome.

Gods and Monsters is very good too

I'm honestly really excited for this one.

>all-star superman
I got about ten minutes into that before shutting the movie off, and I almost never do that.
That shit was painfully bad.

Why the fuck has no one seen Gods and Monsters? It's fantastic, the best DCAU movie to date.

At this point and given his age, why would you not cast Kevin Conroy as Old Bruce?

too old man, the guy can barely speak fast.

New Frontier's a decent watch

Because it won't be campy without West.

Why was it bad?

Everything before Flashpoint, Gods and Monsters, Assult on Arkham, the DKR movies(not really sure when those came out), and the LEGO movies are all good to great. I can't reccomend the DC Showcases enough

The only problem I see with the thing will be whether or not they're actually able to capture the camp aspect of the 66 series, instead of just parodying it.
Schumacher was trying to do that with Batman and Robin, but he failed miserably.
The key is playing it completely straight. Not having nods and winks to the audience, letting them know that the characters know it's all a farce. The series was absurdity, but it was played as if it were the most serious of dramas. The audience knew it was high camp, but it was so straight laced it was funny without being stupid.

It's depressing how right you are.

bump

So when this comes out, do I put it by my Batman TV Series and Batman: The Movie blurays? Or do I put it with my Batman animated films without continuity blurays?

He's only 60. He's not nearly old enough yet

I picked up the first season the other night. I've always been aware of it, but I never actually seen it. I fucking love this show. It's funny, but I don't feel like I'm laughing at it, it's just fun. Batman & Robin actually kick some ass too. I thought for some reason the silver-age aesthetic would mean they'd pull punches. Also Cesar Romero is badass

Do you keep Batman: The Movie with the series or with the other live action DC movies?

>The key is playing it completely straight. Not having nods and winks to the audience, letting them know that the characters know it's all a farce.
>movie literally has Batman turn to the audience and comment on all the overly saccharin obstacles to his attempts to get ride of the bomb

Bad Blood was fine, people legitimately are just shitting on it to be on the bandwagon from the previous movies.

Titans is awful though, what a massive screw up. If you've ever read a single comic about the League OR the Titans you'll be calling out OOC moments and inaccuracies left and right.

>tfw Adam West didn't play Thomas Wayne
>tfw Christopher Reeve will never play Jor-El
>tfw Lynda Carter will never play Hippolyte

But that was only in the movie.

My man.

Wonder Woman is great.
Return of the Joker.

Justice League - Doom I guess is okay.

Not movies: but reminder that the DC Nation Shorts are fucking fantastic (Doom Patrol, Green Arrow, Amethyst, Animal Man, Sword of the Atom, Thunder and Lightning, Super Best Friends, Tales of Metropolis. All GREAT.)

Before I was a fan of Wonder Woman, I thought the movie was great too.

Now that I've read the run it's based on plus some other definitive runs it isn't very enjoyable now.

I put series and film together since many are based on one or the other. I have everything Batman related under B for Batman. Live action first.

>Wonder Woman is great.
No, not really. It's kind of shit, really. Mediocre at best, like most of these animated movies. Really disappointing as a WW fan, honestly.

DC Nation shorts were indeed fantastic and I'm sad they pulled the plug on that block.

Pretty much the majority of the Pre-Flashpoint Paradox films ranged from decent to amazing. Post-Flashpoint, I'd say Assualt on Arkham, Gods and Monsters and The Dark Knight Returns Parts 1-2 are at that level of quality. Justice League vs Teen Titans and Bad Blood are ok, while the rest range from meh to straight up garbage.

>I was just thinking last night that a sort of Morrison-esque throwback to Adam West's Batman with some more modern sensibilities would be fucking sick.
Have you ever watched The Brave and the Bold? That's exactly what that is.