Congratulations!

Congratulations!

The Simpsons is finally ending and YOU( yes, YOU) are in charge of writing the ending. There are only two rules

>You can not have it lead into a spinoff
>You are not allowed to kill any of the main cast

I'd pair Lisa with Ralph in the end, it's the only love story she's had which works (and she admitted she would'nt have minded being his first lady in that one ep Ralph was a presidential nominiee)

I'd have Bart go on a road trip with Krusty, Sideshow Bob winds up a tv producer and winds up making trashy semi-biographical telenovels

Maybe adapt the arcade game as the series ending too

Does Santas Little Helper count as main cast? 'cause his death will forever be my headcannon ending

The Simpsons and the town of Springfield realize that they haven't aged in years, so they traveled to reality and ask the staff why they haven't age.

Al Jean in real life tells them that they're in a floating timeline and the only way to stop the floating timeline is to go back in time to Christmas 1989, when the Simpsons originally aired.

The only way to get back in time is to meet their creator, Matt Groening and his family also in real life.

On their travels through Los Angeles finding where their creators live, they come across a guy who knows where Groening lives. He gives the Simpsons the map and followed the directions to where it's at, and where they got there, he wasn't seen, only his wife, Agustina was down here.

So they asked Groening's wife where Matt is at and she say's that he's over in his private room in the house. So The Simpsons ran upstairs and find Groening going crazy and wondering when the Simpsons will end while calling his brother-in-law, Craig.

As Matt see's them, he asked Homer if they are real or not. Homer replies Yes and they want to be the age that they are currently are at the year it takes place.

So Matt and The Simpsons had a long conversation and after awhile, Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie said their goodbyes and head back to the very first episode and repeat the whole series as Al Jean intended to be.

someone tells homer the show is ending and then homer goes doh!
cue credits

Homer has the chance of sending Mr Burns to prison for life because he discovers some sort of nuclear secrets being sold to countries the US are currently at war with, Homer basically has to do what his mother did, either go on the run and abandon his family or wind up in prison. As Homer is preparing to leave and become a fugitive like his mother, Smithers mentions he can persuade Burns to drop the charges against him. However, Homer learns Mr Burns was always jealous of him because he never had a family of his own and decides to give up ownership of the plant to Homer with Smithers as his new assistant, Mr Burns promises Homer if he could have one thing before going to jail for life and that is to watch a family Christmas play at Springfield elementary, of course he is there but is all dressed in a straight jacket like Hannbial Lecter in the aisle with Smithers pushing him.

the ending will be the "Goodnight" short

Forgot to add it is Maggie's play they are watching and she has the final lines "Goodbye and thanks for coming." before the curtains close.

>the simpsons died on their way back to their home planet

Bup

I make the whole family have sex with each other.

Out of the entire thread this ending seems the most likely.

Homer actually died of his heart attack
Bart got sent to juvie for behavioral problems
Maude divorced Ned instead of dying
Series ends with Marge drinking red wine alone

It was all a dream

>Zoom out to Ralph holding a snow globe of the Springfield

>Lisa gets redpilled
>Bart becomes a cop
>Homer and Marge divorce
>Maggie becomes an artist and is estranged

It plays out like any other Simpsons episode, and only in the last minute Homer mentions that it's over for good.

I remake the first episode of FiM with Simpsons characters. Only the first one, so the series ends with a cliffhanger.

The details aren't exact, but this gives a general idea:

The government decides Springfield is in a perfect place for military weapon testing, and they force all residents to move away. To make up for this they all get some monetary compensation for being uprooted from their homes. We see how everyone is doing, how various characters have settled down in new places. Ned moves to some town and the Leftorium gets good business, Moe invests his money and lives a decent life he can be proud of, etc. Everyone maybe sues Mr. Burns for polluting and whatnot, and gets some money out of him.
The episode ends with Homer and the kids leaving for work and school in a new town, with the whole family hugging and saying something hopeful before they walk out the door. Sort of giving the audience the impression that the Simpsons will always be around, as they represent all of us. And your family will always be there for you or something.

It's an extended version of the opening. All of those classic moments are turned into actual character interaction that give us one final goodbye to these people we've known for so long and this town that is so familiar. The final shot is, naturally, the family sitting down to watch tv together (there is no couch gag).

Lisa gets lobotimzed and the family celebrates the essential death of the worst character in the series.

>They all get aids.

this would actually be really neat

Do the brave and the bold ending have the Simpsons take a final bow.

Snowglobe. It's the only way.

>Simpsons watch itchy & scratchy
>meta joke about how the shows been running for so long that the writing quality has gone down & they are out of ideas
>clip show of all the best episodes as chosen by a fan poll
>at the end they sing one last song and take a bow
>the end

Have the simpsons in the theater in the ending credits.

End it with dead bart.

This.

they were so saddened by bart's death that they ate Maggie and the pets

End it with 3 episodes of nothing but:
>dental plan
>Lisa needs braces
over and over the entire time.

Aww, good job user, I enjoy this one.

I don't know how, but it has to end in Maggie telling Lisa to shut up on her political agendas

End it with steamed hams.

Better idea: fox pulls the shows because of Lisa being bluepilled and everyone hates her for ending their favorite normie show.

Simpsons should end with their TV set breaking and the decision not to buy another one because they realize family is more important than media.

>The Simpsons is finally ending and YOU( yes, YOU) are in charge of writing the ending.

Second-to-last episode features 12 shorts done in different arts styles, including CalArts, to rub salt in the viewers' knowledge that the series will eventually be rebooted.

Last episode features the family getting ready to go on an airplane trip. The entire episode is them in line, TSA jokes and running into all manner of recurring cast at the airport. Riff on how families always fights on vacation and have a heartwarming family moment as the finally board the plane and are getting ready to take off.
The plane taxis down the runway at night. Bart watches out the window as the ground grows more distant and all you can see are the tinkling lights of civilization. Then the light flicker and go out, and they're flying over a field of pure black.
Bart squints into the darkness. "But what does it me--"
>EXECUTIVE PRODUCER
>AL JEAN

Acceptable end.

Homer Simpson must eat a bomb to save his family.
He eats the bomb just before the credits and instead of the "Shh" at the end, there is an explosion.

The brilliance behind this is when you realize the first episode involved them getting him in the first place.

The episode begins with Bart's 12th birthday. From there, things begin to change, breaking the status quo. Mr. Burns retires and leaves the plant to Smithers, Itchy and Scratchy airs its final episode, Barney gives up booze for good, and this is enough to put Moe's out of business, leading Moe to find a new job he's happier with, etc.

As things change, Homer is the only one to stay the same, and he is distraught. He attempts to bring things back to the way they were to preserve his own sense of normalcy. He ends up screwing up some things and failing to change minds on others, as he realizes nobody was happy with the way things were before.

Homer then attempts to change things about himself, but isn't able to bring himself to commit.

He sits on the couch, alone in a world that is moving on without him.

Then Marge joins him. Then Bart, then Lisa, then Maggie.

Homer realizes that one thing will never change. His family will always be there for him.

He turns on the tv, and they all watch together.

I should mention the narrator for the final episode is Karl from season 2. He comes back to do a progress check up on Homer and sees how happy he is with his new life

Footage of Al Jean hogtied naked while a masked man whips his balls with a wet knotted rope. 22 minutes, 30 with commercials.

Here's an episode I'd write:

>The family are eating at the frying dutchman, where one of Bart's pranks causes the restaurant to be damaged
>Amidst the wreckage, they find that a piece of a treasure map, and the Simpsons make Bart help the sea captain to repay the damages
>Professor Frink determines the composition of the material the map is written on, and they can locate the other two pieces
>One is in the power plant, in the nuclear core, which Homer casually walks into to retrieve
>the second piece is in the retirement home, Bart obtains it while making sure he is not seen by any of the residents otherwise he will be forced to stay
>Bart and captain piece the map together and set sail to find the treasure
>after sailing to the spot, they find there is a small island but there is no treasure
>Deciding to cut their losses, they sail back to Springfield, where they tell everyone of their island
>Mr Burns finds out about it, and it turns out the island contains radioactive material, making sailors who decided to stay there go crazy, hence the pointless map
>because Bart and the captain were the two to discover the island, they are the legal owners
>Burns buys the island, so he can mine for radioactive material, much to Lisa's detest
>the money they received from the sale covers the cost of the damages, and the Simpsons take their newfound wealth and move away forever.

b-b-but they haven't even had him for a year in the show

do not kill the dog

Musical episode

I'm more curious to know if I'll even be alive to see the real finale

Don't do me like that, user
I can't handle it

>Ralph DROPPING a snowglobe of Springfield

>they drive to the Christmas play
>as they drive the animation declines
>one shot characters are seen briefly passing by
I stole this ending from reddit, but I can really see it...

Reading this thread has made me sad, especially this. Haven't tuned in to The Simpsons for a while and I know it'll be best for it to end, but it hits hard how time progresses and things change. I was eight when I saw that first episode.

It plays out like any other episode of the Simpsons until the very last scene. Homer tucks Bart into bed.
"Well, good night, son."
"Uh, dad? What is the mind? Is it just a system of impulses or is it something tangible?"
"Relax, what is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind...."

The dialogue fades as the camera slowly zooms out of Bart's room and keeps zooming until we get a perfect view of the entire town, with the Simpson house in the center of it all. Zoom out to show a television, drawn in a crude black and white style. Akbar and Jeff from Life in Hell are sitting on the couch, watching the episode.

"Why the hell are we watching this garbage?"
"I lost the remote."
They sit in silence as the credits roll.

The Gracie Films "Shh!" is replaced by Dr. Nick giving a final "Bye, everybody!"

I actually really like this one

It features an entire new cast and not a single character previously shown appears or gets acknowledged

Flashback episode showing Marge and homers life before Bart was born (,while Marge was pregnant) and thinking about what the future may hold for them, a small fight and a sweet ending when Homer sees Bart for the first time when he is born and comes to terms with being a dad

make it a masked woman and you have yourself a deal

The last episode should just be a KoTH X Simpsons crossover and then Maggie says like idk fuck you you'll watch it

And then everyone sighs and moves in with their lives

hahahahaha This

I dunno, maybe moe gets a cellphone?

Don't fucking care, could be generic family troubles with a feel good conclusion. My ONE stipulation is that it is hand drawn.

Really, the only way the simpsons could ever recapture some of their most magical and memorable moments is if they switch back to hand drawn animation.

It would tie everything back into itself and remind us that yes, this show was art once.

Never going to happen though, none of the fox producers care about making good things.

A full hand-drawn animation of one of the drawn sex simpsons comics. The dialogue stays the same. Complete with "Get out bart, I'm piss!" and all other grammatical and spelling mistakes.

Everyone dies in a freak nuclear accident while the Simpsons are away, and the rest of the episode is an extremely normal family story about the Simpsons move into a new town, and finally getting older.

Lisa leads the clean up of Springfield leading to her becoming the governor of the state which is never revealed
Bart ends up a beloved president
Maggie becomes a famous actor

The episode ends with the Simpsons as heads in a jar ala Futurama in the 3000s with cameo of other fox animated series in the Head Museum with a punch line from the futurama cast

>You can not have it lead into a spinoff
I don't lead into a spinoff, Simpsons is just cancelled one day and replaced by Simpsons Plus. It's basically the same show but with Bart as the goofball dad getting into shenanigans.

>You are not allowed to kill any of the main cast.
Why would I?

The show is hand drawn.

It's not done on cels, or hand painted, but it's still drawn by the human hand.

If you mean a return to using cels, then that's never going to happen, simply because no one makes animation that way anymore. The entire reason the show switched over to digital ink and paint in 2002 was out of necessity. It was becoming harder and harder to find anyone who could paint cels, and so, like everyone else, they were forced to switch over. Still, they stuck with the old method for longer than most, so give them kudos for that.

I don't know if we'll ever see Karl again, but one of the main why the Simpsons became so beloved is the incredible wealth of characters it possesses - not just the main cast and the frequently appearing side characters (the family, Mr. Burns, Ned, Chief Wiggum, Apu, etc.), but that they have an enormous amount of tertiary characters.

I think it would be great if we saw more of those, fan-favorites who've only had a handful of appearances and haven't been seen for years. I think, whatever form it may take, that would give the finale an extra sense of closure.

No, it os not hand drawn. I'm pretty sure it uses toonboom now with a paper doll like format. Certainly not hand drawn.

I'd be okay if it was digital, so long as they ditched the current robot models and drew the tweens.

I love this. The opening has been a huge part of the show (and it's basically an abridged episode anyway), so it would be a great way to tie everything together.

Maybe for added bookend effect, they sit to watch TV when they find the videotape of the Christmas recital for the first episode. We only see a brief clip, just long enough to establish what it is, and the camera turns around and lingers on the Simpsons, together and happy.

Roll credits.

It's because of this that I could see a scrubs style ending with Homer leaving Springfield as as he leaves, all the regulars are there to make some kind of final comment working well.

Homer dies, the episode focuses on Barts grieving, in the end he and Ghost Homer sit and watch television together in a dream segment. The TV shows all the wonderful things from Barts future, ignoring all the more cynical flash forwards from previous episodes.

Its sad, its hopeful, so on and so forth.

I really dig this. Especially if Bart is somehow indirectly responsible for Homwr's death.

Decent ideas in this thread

too bad the only way I can see the Simpsons ending is from the death of a major VA (one of the main family) and then it will be too late to do a proper conclusion

A Futurama gag as part of the epilogye

The last two episodes will be vague experimental and plotless

In the end, Bart will realize that he wants to be himself

Everyone congratulates him

>Barney gives up booze for good,
Didn't that already happen.

this is good shit

Best case scenario (as grim as it sounds) is that one of them contracts some sort of incurable disease or a treatment-resistant cancer or something, so they know their days are numbered (and the show will have to end or the world would riot), but they still have time to record their final lines.

>As they wheel Mr Burns off to jail, he cries out "I shall never forget you, Homer Simpson."

Amazingly true to the form of the show. Convoluted but impressive

Bart becomes the creator of a hit TV show based on his family, called the Groenings

lol, I actually do hope this happens

But I want a Radioactive Man Spin-off

Which opening? Is Jacque the bowling instructor there? Is Gerald? Somewhere in between? Does Homer get hit with the car or not? A great idea, but it needs to be a little more detailed.

I post this thread on Sup Forums and steal the best idea.

I'd actually be okay with this.

Fuck man, that's some pretty perfect shit.
I especially like Moe getting a happy ending.

>Barney stays sober, goes into business with Moe
>Lenny and Carl find out they were way overqualified for their old jobs, end up becoming CEOs
>Comic Book Guy ends up settling down with a frumpy dork girl
>Skinner becomes a superintendent, his mother is proud
>Apu ends up the manager of a massive tourist trap Kwik-E-Mart in Times Square
>Milhouse moves to a total straight-edge town, instantly becomes the cool kid thanks to his past adventures with Bart
>Hans Moleman strikes oil

There's some good ones in this thread.

Fuck I'm actually crying.

Reality breaks and the characters become aware that of logical issues with the timeline, like how many memories of celebrating the same holidays they have, all while being the same age they are now, or Bart and Lisa having memories of things that happened in the 90s, before they were born. As the universe becomes unraveled the sliding timeline catches up with the world and everyone begins to slowly age. Nobody's really sure what to do with there lives now that they're older, it ends with homer suggesting that they go out for frosty chocolate milkshakes
I guess you haven't been keeping up but Comic Book Guy is already married to a qt mangaka

>I guess you haven't been keeping up but Comic Book Guy is already married to a qt mangaka
God that was an episode, wasn't it?
This show's existed for too long.

It's 20 minutes of the Simpsons beating the shit out of Matt while Seth Mcfarlene giggles like a child.

Have Bart/Homer wake up from a coma to discover that half of the show was all a dream and only the good seasons are canon

>The family is watching TV
>Suddenly, Carl bursts in the back door, walks up to marge and starts face fucking her
>Mildly annoyed with this turn of events, homer asks Carl why he is doing this.
>Lisa interjects violently by saying homer (as a white man) has no right to tell a person of color what to do.
>bart then starts furiously jacking off to the scene.
>Lisa is appalled by the sight of dick and so goes into the kitchen, grabs a pair of shears and cuts Barts dick off
>Bart is un-phased by this and snatches his dick from Lisa's hand and starts sucking it.
>all the while, homer pulls down his pants and aims his asshole over the TV
>Like a hippo sized vacuum, it swallows the TV hole
> Homer turns to the camera and says
"25 years of shit TV"
>now that TV is full of shit, The scene pulls back to reveal a computer screen on a desk.
>An autistic greasy-haired teenager is sitting at a desk writing a comment on a website.
>the boy's dad comes in and says
"What are you writing son?"
>the boy looks back reluctantly and replies with
"I'm writing an ending to the Simpsons"
"Why?"

Uh Bart kills moe and Homer takes bathsalts no real ending so it can syndicate forever and this episode can be like a lost episode.

Nelsons dad comes back and skinnard and flanders get married and Homer a proves showing how progressive he has became since his origin ending the series on a moral high note

Nelsons dad comes back and skinnard and flanders get married and Homer a proves showing how progressive he has became since his origin ending the series on a moral high note

>Homer is fired again and needs a job, then he gets an email from the ruler of the Scorpian republic of the East Coast Hank Scorpio, inviting him and his family to his crazy wedding with -insert female celebrity or oneshot voiced by female celebrity here-
>After arriving, Hank finds out that Homer has been looking for a job and he offers him one as a member of his cabinet, Homer accepts.
>With the rest of the family's suggestions/help, he does his job well and makes the Scorpian republic of the East Coast a better place for all.
>During Hank's wedding, The United States army invades and the finale ends with a cliffhanger.

Chief Wiggum shoots Carl who is clearly unarmed. Fade to black.

It'll take the whole final season, but, start off with relatively normal episodes, although with less flanderization. Start having a few episodes realizing how odd their lives have been, investigating through spiritual and scientific means, Frink and Lovejoy are the main side characters for this. Homer has another chilli sequence where he sees the two-dimensional nature of his existance (maybe using the Home model from Treehouse of Horror VI). Backgrounds start becoming less populated, less detailed. During the couch gag of the penultimate episode the room fades to white before they can sit down. Stranded in the void they stroll and see other cancelled shows until they finally meet up with Groening. They spend the final episode discussing the nature of their existance with him, he offers to return them to their pre-meta state to continue for another 30 years. Homer refuses, saying it sounds like too much work. Bart asks one final question "What is the mind? Is it just a script or is it something, real?" Groening responds "Relax, what is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind." Fade to black.

Yeah it's just straight up stolen from Morrison's Animal Man, but whatever, call it a homage.

Work in frosty chocolate milkshakes somehow and you're gold.

nice