Name the Lee/Kirby team of our generation

Name the Lee/Kirby team of our generation.

Bendis/Bagely

Morrison/Quitely

PFFFT

Bendis and Slott

You mean Millar/Quitely, yes?

>Morrison

No sane writer/artist would team up with a shittier writer to make a book out of his own ideas in 2016. Or 2006. Or 1986.

I cant think of a modern writer who claimed his artist's ideas as his own.

See

Bendis/Land

Kirkman.

Snyder/Capullo

You fucking know it's true.

>as his own.
No his, as the companies

That's what the recent lawsuit between Marvel and the Kirby estate was about. The Kirby estate was going to file for termination of copyright assignment and Marvel sued them saying that Kirby never sold any copyrights, he never owned them in the first place because Marvel owned all his ideas before they were ever put to pencil

They've only worked on one thing though.

Remender/OpeƱa

Morrison is a good choice since he is great at a lot of stuff while and he is always working while Neil Gaima is a lazy ass.

But a better fit would be Mark Millar, he is the king of '' oh my god that idea is simple and yet so interesting that I wish I could have come up with it! and I could have!!''.

About artists I would say that we have to think about who changed the industry one again like Jack Kirby did?

I would say that Frank Quietly, Jim Lee are probably the only ones I can think off

Moore & Gibbons, duh.

To make this thread be less shitty, the pair MUST have most or all of these characteristics:
>Created many lasting original characters
>Work is consistently better together than with other partners
>Work feels consistent and coherent with each other

But Lee's best work was Spider-Man.

RIP

>so interesting
Read more

Kirkman/Ottley came to mind first.

Runner-ups
Morrison/Quitely
Geoff/Kollins

Despite what you say, Stan was a great marketer. You can't have good ideas without good promotion to sell those ideas.

We don't have one and niether have the last two generations

Johns/ Based Ivan Reis

>have done a whopping one book together
Gonna go with nope

Gotta toss in my meme answer

>It's a "Lee is a shitty writer" post

Yamn.

True but Spidey had a fuckton of artists, it wasn't mostly a Lee/Artist thing.

Johns is like Stan Lee but less talented and with even less original ideas

DING DING DING

>implying Lee was ever a writer

>You can't have good ideas without good promotion to sell those ideas

You're joking, right?

Remember that time Stan Lee did manga?

Spencer/Lieber

The best ASM is 1-38 w/Ditko. Stan has admitted (read the intros to the collected editions) that Ditko went from doing most of the plotting to all lf the plotting as they went along. I see no reason to doubt him.
I have extreemly mixd feelings about Stan. The King may have needed Lee for sales, that is at keast arguable. He did not, however, need him to make great fucking Comics pic related.

Kojima/That Guy That Worked On The First Three Metal Gear Solid Games

I remember that time he did anime.

Bendis/Deodato

Shinkawa? He's worked on all the MGS games...

Anyway I don't think Metal Gear had the same kind of effect on the video game industry

Honestly Ennis with Dillon or McCrea are the only contemporary duos who have anywhere near enough the amount of material and collaborations to claim this distinction, if not the impact on the medium or genre, the mainstream success or the same level of critical kudos. Most of the names thrown out in his thread haven't done more than a hundred issues together, Lee and Kirby's collabs dwarf that.

Short answer is that there just isn't a contemporary equivalent for Lee and Kirby and for better or worse there likely never will be, at least in superhero comics.

Brandon Graham and friends.

>Most of the names thrown out in his thread haven't done more than a hundred issues together, Lee and Kirby's collabs dwarf that
The number of Kirby comics Lee was actively involved with in the creative process can't be more than a dozen.

The thread should be name the SIMON/Kirby of this generation.

Bendis/Maleev

Giffen and DeMatteis.

Ennis and Dillon

Todd McFarlane was the Stan Lee of the 90's. Think about it, as writers they were both 100% honed in on what their readers wanted, Todd spoke with a voice that resonated with every greasy haired 14 year old using their pocket knife to carve swastikas and pentagrams into their desk during detention

unironically morrison/quitely

>new x-men
>flex mentallo
>all star superman
>multiversity pax americana

nothing in this entire thread lives up to this post

>"Wow look at me guys, I'm thinking outside the box! I'm being REAL creative and imaginative! You weren't expecting something so wacky and experimental!"

How has there iron man been?

I haven't read all of it, but it was mostly focused on retelling Tony's past and revealing some secret of who his true parents are. It's more of a Tony book and less of an Iron Man book

How do you think? Iron Man's a 15 year old black girl with an afro.

He's talking about "International Iron Man", not Invincible

Bendis is writing 2 Iron man books at the same time

nobody

>Daredevil
Good

>Moon Knight
Shit

>Scarlet
Shit

>Iron Man
Shit

Nope.

There were plenty of times Kirby turned in the weaker performance of the two. His work on some of the early Avengers issues was sub-par, while Lee's dialogue and characterization for Cap in his reintroduction of the character were spot-on, and set the stage for the established Captain America, which was markedly different in many ways from the Golden Age version.

Sounds lame

>not Invincible
Kirkman replaced Robot with a 15 year old black girl with an afro?

>early Avengers issues was sub-par
Same with X-Men. At that point he was either penciling or doing layouts for other artists on 6 different titles at once. By the time he was only doing Thor and Fantastic Four he was full on King Kirby

>By the time he was only doing Thor and Fantastic Four he was full on King Kirby
Yeah, I've seen some really great stuff from that era.