Disney Future

Should there be a disney film about a japanese legend or fairytail? Something like Momotoro for example.

Other urls found in this thread:

sacred-texts.com/shi/jft2/jft208.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

even maybe a disney sayuki.

The jews fear the samurai

you already got Mulan be happy

HOW COME NOBODY SAW THIS MASTERPIECE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I know Studio Gibli wouldn't like it, but think about what a Disney film about Japan could do. Imagine kids trick-or-treating as samurai.

Most likely we'd get Sayuki/Journey to the West since that's a more known story then Momotoro

But another way I could see Disney making a story is by ripping off another anime like they did with Lion King

Sadly haven't heard of that one. Thanks for the info.

what about a seven samurai film?

>Based on hamlet
>everyone thinks it's based on Kimba

Oh I forgot about that one, but that's been remade and they're remaking it again

>fairytail

Every Ghibli movie I've seen has been slow as fuck for the sake of being slow as fuck. I doubt this one is any different.

Except Pom Poko. I liked Pom Poko.

maybe both?

In that sense so does Strange Brew

>it's j-just a coincidence!

Was she holding the knife to cut the peach, or was something more sinister about to happen?

Now that I think about it, it would have to have a white washed princess.
So maybe... sacred-texts.com/shi/jft2/jft208.htm

The story goes

They find a giant peach in the water
Bring it home and cut it open
Boom baby pops out

>masterpiece
I've been a fan of studio Ghibli for years and that is by far one of the worst movies they have ever made.

Aww... now I'm discouraged.

>Disney not doing a Journey to the West adaptation

I can see something as obscure as that being a possibility. Fits the whole Princess don't need no man, unless she wants one theme they have been pushing.

Disney tried working with Tezuka in a Kimba the white Lion film but they eventually had to drop it. the project was canned and forgotten for a long time but after the death of Tezuka in 89 they took back the project, they already had the script and lots of artwork to work with, they just changed some parts and it worked just fine.
I really don't blame Disney for plagiarism or anything, they had the right to make the movie since they paid tezuka for his work with them.

Truthfully I can see Disney really messing this up and making some sort of Geisha movie.

Japan has been done to death in Western media. What I'd absolutely love would be something based on the Shahnameh that uses a Persian art-style like pic related in the same way that the Secret of Kells used Irish art or Mulan used Chinese art. Basically the Thief and the Cobbler but complete.

Something based on Hindu mythology would be cool to.

How come there have been almost no animated movies based on Indian mythos?

The only thing I can think of is Rikki Tikki Tavi.

Pom Poko was literally the worst Ghibli movie though.
Just utter garbage.

>Pom Poko
>not this shit.
I fell sleep twice during this movie.

What the fuck is this unbelievable, mindnumbingly shit taste

Do NOT listen to him.

To me my bottom two are

Secret world of arriaty and princess monoke

you're fucking stupid user

shit eating weeaboo detected. you guys eat anything new and colorful and call it the best animu ever.

oh... thems fightin words

Okami movie when?

IM 1 HOUR INTO THE FILM

SO FAR ITS REALLY GOOD

BUT THERES ONE PART WERE IT CUTS TO THE FOOTAGE THEY USED FOR LIKE THE TRAILER LIKE 2 YEARS AGO AND IT AGED HORRIBLY

>what about a seven samurai film?

They already did it years ago.

>Most likely we'd get Sayuki/Journey to the West since that's a more known story then Momotoro

Actually, I'd imagine they'd stay away from that in order to avoid association with Dragon Ball. I could totally see them doing Momotaro instead. Nobody in the west ever fucking heard of Mulan until Diseny picked it up. They could totally take Momotaro and make it their next big thing.

Spirited Away is still the best

Her small handmaiden was cute

>Siyuki without the gay subtext
pass

>momotoro
We can't sell that shit, it's not for little girls how am I supposed to make products for boys?

kaguya is a spoiled piece of shit neet

I'd like a Disney movie about Irish/Scottish Legends like the Water Horse/ Kelpie.
and no Brave doesn't count because that was a movie with a troubled domestic plot. Not an action/adventure movie.

>Momotaro
>Instead of Urashima Taro

>they haven't seen Tales of Earthsea
I've tried to watch it 3 times and its so bad I just can't do it.
My Neighbors the Yamadas is also shit and I have no idea why they would make such a thing

>every fucking day. every fucking day I come home and my handmaiden makes this stupid face.

>Tales of Earthsea
So bad even the author of the books refused to see it as a movie based on her books

>oh wow its Rap Van Winkle except even gayer and like The Little Mermaid
>Way better than a three year old peach boy, a monkey, a bird and a dog fucking up an island of Oni motherfuckers

testify!

They didn't give him any credit, though. If The Lion King started with a small "based on the story by Osamu Tezuka" note, I'd hold nothing against them. But they weren't able to obtain the right to provide that credit, and went ahead with everything anyway, and that's poor form.

Because if you try to touch on anything Indian without being 100% Indian yourself they will try to tear you apart. See: Clone High and pic related.

Does Cartoon Saloon not cut it for you?

>since they paid tezuka for his work with them.
source on this?
because everything i've heard is they asked for the rights and said no, and then once he died they went ahead and made the movie.
yeah this is my understanding of events, it was a kimba movie far enough into production that Matthew Broderick stated in an interview that he was voicing "Kimba in a Kimba the White Lion remake"
the story deviations are pretty typical, every disney film based on a pre-existing story makes changes to the material
for example; The Little Mermaid

shill what already make money

They should do one based on the legend of Kubo and the Two Strings.

Fuck that shit, give me Gintaro.

try for China.

It could work, just Disney would have to have full creative control over it, meaning that the legend would be butchered.

No
Because modern Disney will ultimately butcher it, even moreso than they already did in the past
Remember Frozen? How couldn't you.....
That movie was based on a folktale
A folktale that they largely butchered over one fucking song

Fucking no
Pixar maybe.....
But if you want a movie that's a superficial, cultural husk, then have Disney make it