Donut Steel OC Thread

Post your original character!
Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/vc5qAaiY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Slowly working through the reference/character sheet for Reese. If there's anything you'd like to see me include, such as expressions, outfits, poses, and things about her, let me know!

Also, I've very slightly changed her head shape based on your all's suggestions from the thread before last. Now the head bows out a bit at the bottom to give it more structure.

Does she even have a story, setting, supporting cast or something to put her in context?

She could work well with your skelly lady, if you make her some kind of mystical creature, like a troll or fairy.

this is all i`ve got so far

You've got some really nice anatomy and consistency.

I like her(?) design. Is she a skeleton or just really pale?

She reminds me of pic related more too, so I like her. Good work.

Just IMO but I think her design works best if there's no explanation for what she is.

Some Adrian's done in Flash. I like that the pen tool will force me to be more angular sometimes.

Random monster could fit too with skelly lady, if Dabble is up to meshing both OCs on the same setting.

This is probably the 6th or 7th different variation I've drawn these guys. I can't decide on a design I like
Without writing a whole novel... Vlad is a king; He seems scary, but he cares about his subjects
Daow is a rat, and Vlad's best friend
Tamsin, (name is a wip), is a 'master' swordsman and lives as Vlads adoptive daughter
Cow is Tamsin's mighty steed

A little something I've worked on with my sister. She thought up the character and I drew him up.

Marble Slice (yes, that's his name) is a squire-turned-rookie hero whose weapon (not by choice) is a pink celestial scarf that he learns to control by instinct.

Here's a super quick sketch of my OC, Diana Briggs. She works in the Supernatural Affairs Unit, and is also the best friend and partner of the MC. She's a sweet girl who often gets dragged into trouble by the MC. She doesn't mind, though. She's loyal and helps her friend no questions asked. And the same goes other way around. They have a very strong platonic relationship.

it was an attempt at a goth girl

I swear, once I finish my college I will do an OC once a day in a different genre and setting.

See you guys in 20 days.

I'm the user from last thread with the USA OC, I bring to you... Mexico...

I'm still not sure if that should be her skin color. She's meant to resemble both the golden eagle (the country's animal) and a skin color people would have. IDK.

She's the only one attracted to America's body

Same, maybe at the most make her a completly unique species?

I'm actually thinking of having Reese and that candle-girl, Tallow, be roommates. I think Reese's more bombastic and self-centered attitude could play off of Tallow's more curious and reserved personality fairly well.

I actually want to try and keep the skeleton, Vivian, separate for now, as I've actually got a bit of story cooking up for her.

Thank you! Since this is a model sheet, I'm trying to be as consistent as possible with how I draw her, so that's good to hear.

My OC for rp who is left handed using his shield as his main hand and goes on adventures to find his place in the world.

I colored them...

More like, Hotlanta, amiright? No but I really like these designs. What do you intend to do with them? Comic? Animation?

Can I make Smirky my husbando

Comic.

I like the new head shape a lot. Keep up the good work.
I was not expecting all of the dialogue in the game to be randomly generated nonsense and it's a shame those very nicely designed characters don't have any canon personality as a result.

Nice character Dabble.

Anyway, Since i ran out of drawing juice and i just want to get back to animating on maya. But before i leave, I decided to compile all the concepts i liked for yuko from i think april till three days ago. I'm a very inconsistent person. I might return someday with a drawing of the funky disco guy. But that's not going to be today.

Unfinished, as I still need to color him, but I feel like I should've made the head more circular and smaller.

What's their story?

One half of the protagonists for a magical-girl meets hero's journey thing I'm writing

That Brandy looks familiar...

Did you used to post in the /trash/ OC threads?

Yes, Brandy is a very old OC of mine that just can't seem to stay in her own continuity.

This time she is going to stick in this webcomic that really needs a working title.

That's horrifying

I know that feeling. A good majority of my characters are "universe constants" so any comic idea I have will feature them in some form. Some of them are protagonists from OTHER comic ideas I've yet to make.

In every story there is a coffee shop owned by a girl with a bag on her head named Coffee.It's actually been a while since I last drew her.

Frequent doodle girl named Marte.

late-night bump with this reference doc for OCs I'm probably gonna start drawing tomorrow

pastebin with relevant data: pastebin.com/vc5qAaiY

don't get your hopes up, it's just gonna be some silly MS Paint art as placeholders for dialogue I want to try writing.

I make my OC in artificial academy 2 since I can't draw worth shit. I call her Lo. She's shy and socially awkward

user, I hate to say it but you should try putting some of your touch into it, Even if you can't draw.

So what exactly is his "ability" against Savior? His intellect? Also, are there any other heroes in the world?

How did Vlad and Tasmin meet? this is pretty cute so far.

I'm curious if you have any work from Maya that you'd be willing to share- you've got me curious.

Mostly animation stuff using existing assets. I can't model well. Also most of my work is on sfm and etc.

I drew some ghost girls for an user on /x/. They're not exactly developed OCs, but I did make them with a specific theme and design in mind. Good enough, I guess!

Being bad at art stinks. Anyways this is Sophia Baker Codename Marry Shelley. Used to be part of an ground infantry unit tasked with taking out Mecha in deep urban environments, shit went wrong and lost her whole unit along with her arms and legs. Now she is part of a Covert Ops Task force that takes its orders directly from the Emperor.

My drawing skills are literally shit-tier.

Shouldn't stop you from trying to gut gud at it. Im trying to get gud too, its all about learning the fundamentals and seeing drawing in a different light. Think of it in the same way you would see Driving or even reading, they seem like impossible task at first but now they are second nature to us.

Phew, got those lines in!

cute

Believe in me who believes in you... anything can happen. You can do anything.

Forgot a hand.

Bump.

Bump.

Literally?

why is inking so boring?

Yeah, the villain fights him with his intellect. His main tech consists of hard light holograms. Very early concept piece back when Adrian still wore glasses (Which I drew in the above picture as a throwback). And yeah, there are other superheroes, but I'm considering an idea where Savior is the one who starts the spandex, quip-throwing, logo-wearing trend that ends becoming popular. Prior to that, people with powers were just warriors who became legends, knights, police officers, firemen, having powers was like having a talent. With the right skillset, a hero could be a one-man construction company and make a killing.

Savior isn't a giant space whale who exists in multiple dimensions at once, is he

Maybe it's the brush settings. You might have more fun if you found a brush you liked or if you had pen pressure on (Not sure if you're using tablet or mouse). If you don't like the brush you're using, you'll end up feeling like it's rigid and stale inking and a chore to do because it's not as "freeing" as sketching.

(I just attached pic in case you use SAI)

Hey that's my villain oc.

In another universe out there, I'm writing that as his backstory.

On phone right now but here's a character I drew for a cartoon the other week

A librarian. She is a good girl. Which color palette do you guys like the most? I might play around with her design more before I settle on something though.

Yeah, the head shape looks a lot better now and the anatomy looks great, It's realistic but I like how it has a bit of stylization in it too.

Playing around with brushes and lineweight and studying artists you like helps!

I find inking to be the slowest process for me too. It usually takes me a week or two if I want something really nice and detailed, especially if I do it traditionally. It's all about practice and patience!

I'm partial to two and four. They've got nice and warm colors.

Heyo again, in the last thread, I made these if anyone missed them

I also showed one of my creations there, but I'm doing it again, this time, with the whole cast. From left to right we have a Franken girl, a Werewolf (human form) A succubus, and a Cyclops.
They are part of a story I'm brewing about monster in rehab to be able to live among humans. All of them have their issues, and the MC, a human, is the one who has to judge if they are fit to blend in.
If there's a particular character you want to know in depth, lemme know.

The succubus is cute, CUTE.

Can't wait to main her in the fighting game.
I always think of fighting games when I see pallette swaps.

I'll keep posting countries you can't stop me :'(

Japan is half octopus, he hides his bottom tentacles a la Octodad (with long pants and shoes). Nobody suspects a thing.

Finished with this.

Those two are adorable together (in a friendship way). Do they eventually become frenemies or something?

Yeah, eventually they do.

You know everyone's gonna call them gay, right?

Those are the best kinds of characters.

Not if you don't want them to appear that way. Then it just feels obnoxious.

I can't put into words how much I like your proportions and inking. Something is just super satisfying about the character's form and this line quality.

Thank you, user.

SS Officer turned Lich and Stasi agent turned super soldier.

HOW DO I MAKE OC

Think of someone you wanna fuck then give them a name.

I wanted to make an actual joke and googled up "How to make OC" hoping to find a funny relevant image and found this instead and all the funny ran from my body upon reading it.. Thanks a lot, jerk.

>make characters non-white just because you can
This is literally the worst reason to do anything with any character.

This is Edgy. He fights crime with extreme measures.

webcomic ideas and shit.

Good morning, thread.

This image is genuinely scary.

Here's the main character of a story that I've been developing on and off. He basically used to be Prince Charming, and was renown throughout the kingdom for his bravery and daring rescue of the princess from a terrible dragon. However, he is fifty-five old, and king of the land when the story takes place. After all these years, he begins to worry that people may think he's a good king, but that he was a better prince. While his confidence is on shaky ground, it seems to the people that it takes another blow when they hear tell that the dragon he fought all those years ago has returned. Upon hearing this, he immediately departs from the castle on a quest towards the dragon's keep, in an effort to relive his glory days.

Bump

That's such an interesting concept. A kind of fairytale meets Mid life crisis kind of story. It could be amazing.

Anotha one

That sounds great, would buy if it were printed release

I really like the rabbit/bunny's design.

Main villian of a comic I'm hoping to make in the future. Here's what I have for a backstory right now

Ok, so this was back in the 1950s. He was like any normal guy with a dream of becoming a animator. When he turned 18 he was kicked out by his father and was forced to make his own his money. But, he didn't have worries cause he was confident he would get into college and grow big from there. He became a waiter at a restaurant for the meantime, got a apartment, the basics. While doing so he would check his mailbox every day to see if he's been accepted by any colleges he applied for. He later became depressed not seeing that little letter overtime. He lost his job, his apartment and had to sell his values for food. One day he was alone in an alley drinking whiskey. He noticed a man in a hooded cape walking up to him. The mysterious asked him what was wrong. He replied with what's been happening so far and is even considering suicide. The mysterious man asked him if he would like it if he gave him what a desired most. A small smile appeared on his face with a little doubt. Though, there was a catch. He would have to have something in return for this, an eye to be exact. Of course he was agreed without hesitating. Without a blink of an eye he was knocked out. He woke up and could barely remember what happened. But he noticed that something. He felt if he's gained a couple pounds, or alot. When he looked into a broken mirror on the ground and saw he was a completely different person. He freaked out. Didn't know what to do. What would society think of him? He heard a voice echo through the alley. It was the mysterious man again. He said "This is what you wanted right? To have a life in animation yes?" Artoo replied that he wanted to change back. To be normal again. The man said "Don't you get it? You have a deck of abilities and possibilities infront of you. Try grabbing a pencil or even killing yourself you'll see." Without another word his voice could not be heard...

This is what I have as of right now. Very rough draft and still more to add to his backstory. If I could get a critique that would be great

Hugo Guillemet is a cursed deckhand that goes from pirate crew to pirate crew, seemingly jinxing every ship he joins sooner or later. Though he curses the people around him to their dooms he always emerges without a scratch. He becomes a ghost story among seafarers but is so mild-mannered that nobody realizes the quiet kid they hired is the bringer of death and destruction. His only friend is a charred skeleton who wants nothing to do with him. He quickly becomes the object of hatred for quite a few people and gets a fiancée who’s eagerly waiting for the day the curse doesn’t save him. But most of the story is him finding himself in strange places.

A little bear known simply as Ursula. She goes on a journey to take her giant onion ("Tonion") to a fair in hopes of winning a ribbon and meets lots of new friends along the way who show her all the ways to prepare onions.

Pendragon - Desmond Wintergrief is basically a former superspy and son of a very evil mage, who now has access to books full of runes and alchemy and how to make deal with deities, which he uses to his benefits for he cannot actually perform magic. He also has a dragon, and a very high-tech battlesuit with a magic sword. Basically. Metal Gear Witcher.
Quantum - Nicholas Clint. Your average Reed Richards-intelligence teenage character. He has built a very powerful battlesuit, called Quantum, that has countless of applications such as quantum manipulation, enhanced speed and strength and countless of weapons aswell as an advanced AI guiding him. He has also foreseen the entire team of a gadget that allows telepathic conversation and is a block against even the most powerful psychics.
Pixel
Girl who somehow got the same powers as a person would have in a videogame. Means double jumping, leveling system, respawning, pausing. Can be used really versatily.
Wraith - Logan - Kitt Harrington
Kid who got stabbed defending some old lady, got reanimated in the ambulance just as it got hit by lightning. Is now the leader of this superhero team, and very experienced. He wears a white suit with black accents, and a black mask. He has the powers of basically a ghost. He can become spectral in which he is intangible, can levitate and is invisible. Can possess people. Tons of applications aswell. Has an electrified collapsible longstaff, and an advanced sniper rifle.
Nyfe - Emily Ratjowski
Stoner hyperninja waifu. What else can I say. She was raised by a clan of all-female samurai who had found a way to make whispering steel, which is basically steel that vibrates and can cut through almost anything. Not diamond, but steel is no biggie. She can do lots of kung-fu, has two blades and Quantum has foreseen her of basically a more upgraded version of 3D maneavur gear meets the Halo 5 thrusters. Likes to get high.

My favorite

Thank you! Here's my concept for the Dragon, though the design is subject to change.

"That's the great thing about Hollywoo! Everyone's so focused on acting and making it in movies that there's zero competition for being the next big musician! House music is making a comeback, just you wait n' see!"

And once she sees a modicum of success, she lets her BPD get out of control, culminating in a downward spiral that ends in a failed suicide attempt. But her favorite TV star, Mr. Peanutbutter, drops by for a visit once.

this is technically Sup Forums but idgaf

This is my OC Toni The Killer. He has a large axe and foot for kicking ass. Also he cannot lay off the junk food for the life of him XD.

Didn't want to make a thread so I'll just ask here. Are the How's Your Webcomic threads just done now? I can't find it.

Usually they're just made when someone remembers to do so.