Is there any language more imperialistic than French?

Is there any language more imperialistic than French?

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0cwH83iVUU4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Spanish and English

vocaroo.com/i/s0cwH83iVUU4

And fucking Portuguese.

French is like, the 18th most spoken language.

French seem to grow and expand faster than those

Define imperialistic

I think imperialistic is about the countries covered. French is spoken in around 53 countries, that's probably what OP is referring to.

Then I guess we're less imperialistic because we never had a colony break up into two.

Half of them even have exclaves.

thats because of Africa

English ?

maybe the language we're speaking right now

French is spoken in 53 countries, yours is spoken in 10. French is obviously the more imperialistic language in comparison to yours.

Spoken in Canada and African shitholes.
Amazing. Truly imperial.

haha, yeah

Quechua

The Incas didn't genocide the conquered peoples. They were valuable manpower, but they destroyed their cultures and killed their languages. There are several language families in the andean zone that disappeared before the spanish arrived. Incas completely obliterated any attempt to preserve those languages.

The spaniards didn't do that. No to the same degree. They actually gathered information on native languages, and translated Bibles and Catechisms. Many languages died after the european invasion, but they died a slow death. There was no imposition. And of course, several of those languages survive to this day, and are quite healthy. The Quechua varieties probably have more speakers now than in 1492.

Same thing with French. It is spoken in many countries, but the French didn't supress local languages. Almost everyone there is bilingual.

very informative and insightful

French in Brussels is becoming more dominant every day

the métis in north america spoke a language that was a mix of french and cree

then the eternal anglo wiped it out

it was just french nouns and cree verbs. as a métis im not gonna miss it honestly

there are some dead native languages that are still well known because priests wrote Grammars and dictionaries and translations of the bible to those languages.

Franco-Quebec cock literally cumming on Anglo-Ontario.