Orthodoxy

Red pill me.

Last orthodoxy thread has made me interested. And I plan on visiting a church to sit in and observe. Question is. Does it make what name it is? Is Greek orthodoxy the same as Russian and Anglo orthodoxy?

Other urls found in this thread:

heavyangloorthodox.blogspot.com.au/?m=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Make a difference ***

Sorry on my phone

Shameless spirituality intestinal bump.

Where are the followers of Yahweh when you actually want to listen to them?

I am disappointed Orthodoxbros. You intrigued me to consider something else than paganism but stay silent now.

REE ROO SINNER BE YOU.

>Anglo orthodoxy
what the hell is this

Don't be a fag and go pagan my dude. Orthodoxy is pretty much the Vest route to go right now, catholics ate cucks and protestantism is a meme.

Most Orthodox posters live in different timezones from you. Don't expect to get a lot of answers right now. I just got up and I'm off to work in like 10 min. So just ask later or be patient.

Already am a Folkish Odinist. I still want to know about orthodoxy in a tl;Dr format without having to study them at lengths to know if there is a difference or not.

This heavyangloorthodox.blogspot.com.au/?m=1

>Already am a Folkish Odinist.
so you only want to be orthodox because of how "White" it is and do not care about accepting jesus as you savior

Also there are some minor differences based on the ethnic background of the different Orthodox churches. For example Serbian Orthodoxy has the concept of Slava. Basically every family has a house saint. On the Saint's day we have a large feast where we invite all our close friends and family to celebrate. You should do some research on the differences of the various Orthodox fates if you're truly interested.

Orthodoxy is comfy as fuck, rooted in tradition and mysticism. Prone to nationalism.

Catholicism is less comfy, but more intellectual. Prone to globalism.

I didn't say that stop projecting. Understanding what sets them aside to cuckthlics was interesting.

Í don't even really understand what a saint is to begin with.

>choosing an obscure meme religion so that you tell people how exotic and nuanced your religious beliefs are

Autism

>choosing religion

Nigger that's not how it works.

>make a thread about why you should choose slavodoxy
>claim it's not a choice

>claim to be a christian
>not know that it's completely 100% a choice to follow Christ

i'm more pissed with this guy for thinking you even need a "religion" to accept Christ

Read my OP damn leaf.

Even I know you don't choose. You learn about a "path" and understand what it entails. If it's the right way to live life then it really isn't choosing.

This thread is so I can understand what the difference is. If any.

Which seems like there really isn't outside of local cultural festivals.

I completely don't get what you mean by that

Well the East Slavs and Greeks split off from Rome and chose to establish their own church (a bit like the Anglicans did hundreds of years later).

he is wanting to find the coolest white religion and that promotes white culture rather than choosing jesus as his savior

Yeah, that much is obvious. Otherwise he'd be asking about Anglicanism or Catholicism (being from Australia and all)

the thing that pisses me off is that pagans know that their gods are not real and only do it because of their hatred Christ

I'm already a pagan and find it relatively comfy you Sperg.

:) keep projecting.

What makes them their own?

I think they're former r/atheism redditors who realised that liberalism is stupid yet still haven't gotten over their irrational hatred of Christianity. Because their political beliefs are much stronger than their religious beliefs, they come to think that the UGH STUPID MASSES need to have religion (nothing to do with wondering whether religion could *gasp* be true, they're not that introspective), and so they basically take their existing political beliefs and add some "YEAH THOR" to it.

That seems to be the best explanation to me anyway

Well, you have the Greek Orthodox church catering to... Greeks; the Russian Orthodox church caters to (surprise) Russians, and so on.

Meanwhile the Catholic church is universal, and as much as I'm not a fan of Protestantism at least this is something that the Protestants get too.

and with their self "enlightenment" that are also too proud to admit that they are sinners

Threads dead. I'm under the assumption tl;dr all orthodoxy is essentially the same each has their own cultural twists.

While Catholics are still cuck and heretics like protestants and Lutherans.

Probably not worth my time.

Greek Orthodoxy, Russian, Ethiopian are all different.

Church service is based on the Eastern Rite.

Priests can be married if they are married before they become a priest.

There are some things that are similar to Catholicism during the service, but a lot of the service will be in both English and Greek.

When you go into the altar, kiss the icon and cross yourself with your right hand. Put three fingers together and go up down, right, then left.

Also, when Jesus or God is mentioned in the liturgy, people cross themselves.

Women are usually told to wear veils if they are going to come to service more than once a month.

Also, no communion unless you do confession. However, you do get bread at the end of the service. The communion is actually served from a gold plated chalice and is actual wine mixed with bread.

When you go down the altar, you cross your hands, right over left, on the shoulders. Then when you get to the priest he gives you the sacrament and then you cross yourself. Make sure to open your mouth.

Also, the choir is way more traditional sounding. Also, the inside of the church is really decorated, usually with hand painted icons.

Never turn your back to the altar. Go left or right, or back up then make the sign of the cross and the exit down the hall.

>not being a god damned Jesuit

well I can state with confidence that anglo is the only true actual white race

To elaborate with the kissing the icon they are located in the opening of the Church, you do not just cross and kiss Jesus you do it for the Virgin Mary and such.

>kissing idols
forgetting the commandments

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me"

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth"

"Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me"

And right on cue it displays itself: I hope he comes to realise that he isn't better than everyone else and that we all share the same fallen and imperfect nature

Took a while to reply because the mods blocked me for 15 minutes for some reason

>already am an autist

>obscure meme religion
>East Slavs and Greeks split off from Rome
> the Catholic church is universal

oh leaf, you sneaky bastard.....

To believe in a religion, one must accept that said religion teaches absolutely. No Church but the Catholic Church claims a perfect earthly authority figure.

Orthodoxy has no infallible head. Become a Catholic instead.

The current Pope may be cucked, but he hasn't (and can't) changed the magisterium.