Does it bother anyone that all the male main characters are designed to be broken and non-threatening?

Does it bother anyone that all the male main characters are designed to be broken and non-threatening?

>crippled child (Bran)
>inbred cripple (Jamie)
>old disfigured cripple (Davvos)
>disfigured PTSD (Hound)
>bastard (Jon)
>dwarf (Tyrion)
>beta eunuch (Greyworm)
>beta eunuch 2 (Theon)
>bald beta eunuch (Varys)
>beta orbiter extraordinaire (Jorah)
>fat nerd beta (Sam)
>idiot manipulator (Littlefinger)

Meanwhile, look at the female leads
>powerful queen (Cersei)
>powerful queen (Dany)
>powerful queen (Sansa)
>powerful queen (Lady Mormont)
>powerful queen (Ellaria)
>powerful queen (Yara)
>powerful queen (Olenna)
>powerful assassin (Arya)

No cripples or eunuchs or dwarves or bastards. All perfect.

Is there a single masculine good guy in the entire show?
Maybe Bronn, but he will probably die soon. Also, I wouldn’t call him powerful in the least.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-LkFN54_Wxc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>muh goodies
>muh baddies
stick to fucking Garfield.

I'm not talking about good/bad, I'm talking about ANY male characters

I guess we have Euron, but he's just Joffrey 2.0. Newcomer who's meant to come off as crazy and will die to make the audience cheer.

Jamie isn't inbred, I'm not sure what you're talking about calling Davos disfigured, Yara, Olenna, Sansa, Arya and Lady Mormont aren't queens.

Brienne is arguably the character who gets kicked around physically and emotionally the most in the show; Dany started as literally a sex slave and failed and fucked up for three solid seasons, Ellaria just got her entire family fucking wiped out, Sansa has been a chew toy for the last two seasons as well.

Do you actually watch this show?

>I guess we have Euron, but he's just Joffrey 2.0. Newcomer who's meant to come off as crazy and will die to make the audience cheer.

Euron is an obvious Heel character. Like Ramsay, he's just hyped and allowed to get in a few underhanded wins before the Face defeats him. The Fookin Legend was similar.

The night king is alpha as fuck tho

qyburn is based, hound is based
oh wait, how much screen time have they gotten this season?

Naa.
I'm okay with feminists expressing their right to free-speech.
Especially when I can choose whether or not to listen to them.

This time I have chosen to tolerate them for the sake of titties, fighting and medieval fantasy
Sure as shit won't be buying any products or merch though.

Cersei is power mad and bound to be killed at some point. Arya is mentally broken and will have her comeuppance. Dany won't rule the 7 kingdoms and will sacrifice herself in season 8. Ellaria and Olena are dead. Lady Mormont is irrelevant. Yara will die at some point.

Only Sansa could come out of it as a powerful ruler of the North

>BENDTHEKNEEBENDTHEKNEEBENDTHEKNEEBENDTHEKNEEBENDTHEKNEEBENDTHEKNEEBENDTHEKNEEBENDTHEKNEEBENDTHEKNEEBENDTHEKNEE

>Jamie isn't inbred,
Maybe he meant incestuous

>I'm not sure what you're talking about calling Davos disfigured
Missing fingers

>Yara, Olenna, Sansa, Arya and Lady Mormont aren't queens.
But they are YAS SLAY QUEENs

>Brienne is arguably the character who gets kicked around physically and emotionally the most in the show
Yes, I would certainly argue with that claim.

>Dany started as literally a sex slave and failed and fucked up for three solid seasons, Ellaria just got her entire family fucking wiped out, Sansa has been a chew toy for the last two seasons as well.
I won't contest these, but will point out that these characters are always portrayed as just and rightous in their actions or victims in their defeats.

>qyburn based
really? he's just a creepy butler, what is based about him?

>>powerful queen (Yara)
Thats cute

>I won't contest these, but will point out that these characters are always portrayed as just and rightous in their actions or victims in their defeats.

See what you want to see. I saw a brutal and treacherous bitch since that fakeout slave deal in Astapor.

This woman deserves to die as much as any other man in her position

Sup Forums's really showing their insecurity levels tonight, huh

>look at this one bad aspect of all the male characters
>now look at this one positively portrayed aspect of female characters
>muh FEMINISM and muh SEXIST ROASTIES REEEEE
you guys should go into the special olympics with all these mental gymnastics

all the characters are overcoming some kind of disadvantage, like being a bastard or a dwarf
being a woman is inherently a disadvantage in medieval times, so the women don't need anything extra to overcome

>t. brainlet

>Jamie isn't inbred
All Lannisters are, pay attention

>I'm not sure what you're talking about calling Davos disfigured
Forgot his fingerless hand?

>Yara, Olenna, Sansa, Arya and Lady Mormont aren't queens.
Yara was voted queen by half the Greyjoys + Theon, Olenna was obviously a queen (are you retarded?), Sansa is queen of the North (if not now, then when Jon dies), Lady Mormont controls the Mormonts, and I never said Arya was a queen, but she is portrayed as the best assassin/swordfighter in the world who can do no wrong

You are arguing semantics. The point is all those women have more power than anyone else, with minimal to non-existent flaw. Compare them to the male cast, who are the opposite of perfect; disfigured, crippled, ugly, deformed, castrated - the only way a progressive audience could identify with a white male. An actual masculine male (such as Euron) is considered too threatening to audiences and must be killed off.

>Brienne is arguably the character who gets kicked around physically and emotionally the most in the show; Dany started as literally a sex slave and failed and fucked up for three solid seasons, Ellaria just got her entire family fucking wiped out, Sansa has been a chew toy for the last two seasons as well.
Yes, all those are underdog stories, designed to uplift the characters to moral superiority.

And isn't it funny how all those characters you mentioned made it through all those hardships with no physical blemishes to show for it?

>Do you actually watch this show?
Yes. Do you?

>Jamie
>cucked the most powerful man in Westeros
>fucks his own sister, even in front of their dead son
>big strong independent womyn like Brienne become weak at the knees in his presence
>saved the people of King's Landing from Targ shit genocide even tho it would destroy his reputation forever
>responsible for what is clearly the bravest and most selfless act of heroism in the whole show, charging a dragon
Yeah, Jamie is just some dumb nu-male cripple. >No cripples or eunuchs or dwarves or bastards. All perfect.
Danny is infertile and got her husband killed because she trusted a fucking Gypsie to heal him. Cersei will never have anymore children, and got herself walked through King's Landing naked and shit thrown at her by the High Sparrow she released. Sansa is a rape doll. Brienne is a dyke, everyone still thinks Arya is a boy, Lady Arryn was a freak. The female characters are actually horribly incompetent and stupid, but turbo normies just see Danny burning white males alive so she's QUEEEEN YAAAAS!

So no love for female dwarves, female bastards, female cripples? They can just fuck off and die.

You're probably a first world white cis woman for saying that. Uuurgh, your privilege is literally oozing

More powerful than Theon, the actual heir.

i'm a guy
i'm not saying it's a good thing, just explaining why the men have it real rough while the women are just women. Most of Cersei's POV is about how powerless she feels as a woman because her destiny is constantly decided by men, and she's one of the most powerful women in the series.
brienne's got her whole thing going so that's one woman with an extra disadvantage i guess

Meh, the point of this part of the conflict is that all the strong men have already died fighting in endless wars so now all that is left are the secondary measures of rulership (women). I mean the SJW shit is unreal with the stronk women memes but it's George RR Martin, his entire book series reads like a sissy/scat fetish fantasy world from /tg/

She's probably Euron's sex slave now.

Wtf I love Jamie now
how based can one man get?

>ALL MEN MUST DIE

SAVE THE WEST
>youtube.com/watch?v=-LkFN54_Wxc
Jaime is /ourguy/

I'm pretty sure the point of Theon is just to have a character who is so pathetic everyone hates him. He's probably going to either have a Gollum/Smeagol unintentional redemption moment or Martin's going to be a prick and just let him die pathetic and miserable to be "grimdark bruv"

nah the theme in ASOIAF is that the pretty knights of summer get killed or disfigured and the tough men survive winter

in GOT they've just translated it to kill all the strong men and leave the weak feminised ones

>See what you want to see. I saw a brutal and treacherous bitch since that fakeout slave deal in Astapor.
You see that, but the writers don't. The target audience doesn't.

Watch the behind-the-scenes videos. Watch the reaction videos on youtube.

Us viewers that don't cheer for Dany are in the vast minority. That's why it's so wrong. That's the point of this thread.

It's stupid as well because they just keep alienating more viewers

Niggers don't like GOT because the cast is 100% white except the slaves and servants. Now guys don't like it because the only male characters left are dwarfs, cucks and eunichs, there is anyone for the average guy to root for

As this point it feels purely a show for white middle class feminist women and their beta pets

War makes cripples and psychos out of those who fight in it and after everything is over women are left to rule over the pieces. That's just reality not muh sjw propagander.

there isn't anyone*

jon, davos, and tyrion at the very least

>deeply flawed boy who perseveres
>loving but wary man who has had to make hard choices in the past
>repentful man who serves loyally
>tough on the oustide, but sensitive and caring man
>man who never wanted the fame, but his good heart always has people supporting him
>intelligent man despite physical disfigurement
>strong man with a soft heart
>man who tries his best to fight through his past
>strong man with a soft heart
>man with a soft heart
>faggot

>crazy murderous queen
>crazy murderous queen
>crazy molested queen
>overplaying her hand queen
>crazy murderous queen
>crazy brother-fucker queen
>old
>crazy murderous girl

True Dat
T. Germany, June 1945

Where did this mentality come from that you need to relate to the characters on screen to enjoy a product? This is the dumbest fucking shit

>niggers don't like it cause everyone's white
Almost every black guy I know loves it

>guys don't like it because the only males left are inept
This is not true and most of my male friends and coworkers love the show. The only ones who don't are betas who complain about the same stupid shit you're complaining about right now.

This is also true I guess but I was thinking more about the medieval reality since ASOIAF is loosely based on War of Roses.

>pretty knights of summer get killed or disfigured and the tough men survive winter
* Tough women apparently. It's also the exact opposite since all the strong men are either beheaded or killed at a wedding. That, or they get killed by their midget son, die in the field of battle, get killed by a shadow monster, or MUH DRAGONS

>"All Lannisters" are inbred
What are you talking about? Incest is a Targaeryan thing that Westerosi culture finds disgusting and fucked up. Jaime and Cersei are deviants, not the norm.
>Davos's hand
the OP said Davos was "disfigured, crippled"; calling someone 'crippled' because they were partially maimed is rather extreme but I figured that was what OP meant. I have no idea why he threw 'disfigured' in there, the word literally refers to facial scarring.
>The point is all those women have more power than anyone else, with minimal to non-existent flaw.
Hahaha what? I'll leave aside Lyanna Mormont who's barely even a character; Dany, Sansa and Arya have made some pretty shady decisions, both to survive and also for revenge which is not portrayed positively or heroically. Olenna is a Machiavellian bitch who tries to destroy the Lannisters and gets wrekt.

You know who's still spotless? Who's the most pure-hearted true blue hero in the show? Jon Snow, a ~white male~ who's true love was FRIDGED to teach him a harsh lesson, who died for his principals and then literally got to come back because he's da fuqqen CHOSEN ONE. Who told off Danaerys when she asked him to bow and got rewarded for it.

Wowee what misandrist propaganda.

Jon isn't really a character for guys, he's a brooding pretty boy who loses his virginity to a hideous ginger girl, he's tumblr girl bait

Davos and Tyrion are guy characters but they've basically been irrelevant season 5, they don't do anything anymore

>War makes cripples and psychos out of those who fight in it and after everything is over women are left to rule over the pieces.
...No that's definitely SJW propoganda. The post war world is ruled by the men who won the war.

>one bad aspect
>literally every main male character has either had their testicles removed, hands cut off, disfigured at birth, subordinate to a female leader, or literally stabbed to death

>meanwhile, Cersei GOT HER HAIR CUT

You are blind if you can't see that all female leaders besides Cersei are portrayed as righteous and chosen by the people. Every single one. Even a fucking child.

>being a woman is inherently a disadvantage in medieval times, so the women don't need anything extra to overcome

>90% of the female leads become queens
>disadvantage

>hideous ginger girl

Jon is also the secret role model for every nu-male beta orbiter : can speak for himself (while they can't) yet respectful of women (what they all pretend to be, just to get good boy points and hopefully pussy tickets)

Also, Euron is MGTOW : the character

>You are blind if you can't see that all female leaders besides Cersei are portrayed as righteous and chosen by the people.
Yara wasn't chosen by the Ironborn...? That's why she left.

fair point about jon. i still like him but i can see where you're coming from.
oh and i forgot jaime and maybe bronn, although they have the same relevance problem as davos and tyrion. looks like they'll all be getting more time now that stuff's condensing though.

i mean half those women died and all the male characters reach high places too.
like overall women have less agency and more barriers to achieving power because noblewomen are just used to forge political alliances via marriage

Dude, that's my point.

In order to atone for his manliness, Jamie had to ruin his reputation forever (kings kingslayer), get his hand cut off (the only thing he knew how to do), lose his children, and show the utmost possible heroism by facing a dragon one-on-one.

Only now is he allowed to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with the other female goodies.

Just watch, Jamie will now start to fight for Dany, so the audience is allowed to like him finally.

The problem with this show is that the writers are terrified of giving their female characters any flaws

Euron is a bad guy though. You aren't supposed to identify with him.

Yara will either escape or die a heroes death. No one will cry for Euron, the only manly man left in the show.

>yfw when Jaime kills his sister for Dany
>yfw when he gets to stay in the Queensguard
>yfw he gets to slay dragon kween when she goes full targ, and becomes kingslayer not twice but thrice.
>yfw no face

Now imagine a female Smeagol.

See, they would never do it. Female characters can't be shown to be low as male characters.

>aren't supposed
Too much of a cuck you mean? Euron is my role model

>hideous ginger girl

he already had his redemption arc when he rescued Jeyne/Sansa

Ygritte is fucking nasty, get some taste

Eh I'm biased because I like gingers

regardless of her hair colour, she is an ugly girl

Who he then abandoned, like he abandoned his sister

>Dany, Sansa and Arya have made some pretty shady decisions
BUT THEY'RE NOT PORTRAYED AS SHADY, THAT'S THE POINT
THEY'RE PORTRAYED AS HEROIC

DANY BURNING PEOPLE ALIVE AND ALL THE FOOD IS SHOWN AS JUST AND RIGHTEOUS

PEOPLE ARE CHEERING

>The post war world is ruled by the men who won the war.
Female rulers in medieval and renaissance times started to become a thing because they were the only ones who stayed in the castle while men went to war, thus they got "sucked upwards" by the vacuum.

I will admit that the show turned that reality into SJWish yas queen bullshit though. It's much more nuanced in the books, e.g. Tyrells being very careful not to waste their male heirs. They're taking over King's Landing step by step (disregard Loras), compare that to Starks being left with fucking Salsa because they threw everything but the kitchen sink into the march on the south.

>Also, Euron is MGTOW : the character

Which is why he will die.

No alternate viewpoints allowed; betas only.

fuck off, I got me eye on her piss flaps

>Female rulers in medieval and renaissance times started to become a thing because they were the only ones who stayed in the castle while men went to war, thus they got "sucked upwards" by the vacuum.
name twenty times where this happened

i'm not going to defend how the show treats dany at all, it's so annoying yass queen khaleesi bullshit.
but sansa and arya are a little better. sansa learned her shit through petyr and is beginning to do shit on her own, arya's a ragefilled coldblooded murderer who only wants to avenge her family. they've both got some depth at least

Uhhh no m8 when the Lord was away from his castle the Steward was running things, not his wife

What a nightmare.

The only woman on the show who was more attractive was Myrcella Baratheon.

Thank progressiveness goy!

Caterina Sforza I guess?

All of the characters are flawed, stop being a bitch

robb's wife was pretty hot

>a fucking turkroach

>implying masculinity means being invincible

Real Men are those who are flawed but who rise to the occasion and become heroes. And we end up empathising more with the male characters. It's actually a form of sexism and dehumanisation to depict women as perfect Mary sues. That's right, GOT is actually pretty sexist.

Ramsay's bitch tho

>i mean half those women died and all the male characters reach high places too.
Yes, but their deaths were portrayed as tragic or heroic.
We're not talking about character deaths, we're talking about how males and females are portrayed.

Basically, for a man to be "good enough", he has to lose all his masculinity. Because progressives/SJWs find that offensive.
For female characters to be "good enough", they just have to exist and not burn people alive in a self-righteous conquest for power. Actually, scratch that, they just have to exist.

>like overall women have less agency and more barriers
Not in Game of Thrones, they don't.

Female rulers had always been a thing in Europe under monarchy, the pagan form of monarchy especially. Queens were given special privilege to rule the lands while their husbands were away , same under the manorial system. Women had a history of being secondary rulers since ancient times when times were of greater peril, but in most circumstances she would remarry a man who would then become king/ruler of the realm.

That much is fine, but like you said the Yas queen slaaaaay type themes have gone a bit far.

Yes, but he is not a role model for the writers, or 99% of the audience, which is what this thread is about.

you're letting your prejudice cloud the fact that she's a very attractive woman

It's racist, too. A pale skinned white girl ended slavery instead of allowing the brown people to free themselves from their brown slave masters.

I think the series is dripping with toxic femininity. It's populated with perfect, flawless female Mary Sue characters that constantly berate and demean men. They also constantly slaughter men by the thousands on screen without a second thought. It reinforces the toxic feminist beliefs that portray men as disposable objects. It's disgusting really.

It's one of the most sexist shows on television and I'm very happy that I've never paid them a dime.

Queen Victoria obviously
Suiko, Empress of Japan
Olga the crazy russian granny

Nope, the council ruled the land if the King was away (well, they mostly ruled when he was home), and the second in official power was the heir, his son or brother, the Queen had much less power than you think

>Cersei (tortured, publicly humiliated)
>Dany (raped)
>Sansa (raped, not allowed to be queen even though she was the legitimate heir, since all trueborn males were missing or dead)
>Lady Mormont (not a lead by any stretch of the imagination)
>Ellaria (kid-killer, immediately captured)
>Yara (immediately captured, publicly humiliated)
>Olenna (kid-killer)
>Arya (only one you're possibly right about)

Yeah really makes me think. I can't believe how feminist this show is, can you believe that sometimes bad things don't happen to the female leads?

What if the brothers and sons all died

Depended on the situation m8, in times of peril some times a queen was appointed regent

I prefer the male characters in GOT. They're a lot more complex and morally ambiguous than the women in the show, even if they are a bit emasculated. It's a travesty that a lot of the female characters are so 2 dimensional.

She's not tho.

you know Victoria was born in 1819, don't you? And she didn't rule anything, Britain had a parliament

Nope sometimes the Queen was named regent, especially in times pre magna carta. The same applied for the head of noble families as well, most notably under the manorial system.

>they've both got some depth at least
Barely.
Littlefinger is so comically evil, I don't know what Sansa actually learnt from him. And Arya is a perfect swordsman after one season of mopping floors with a blindfold on.

usually once the King died the closest to his bloodline or the most powerful noble will take the throne

It sort of evens the playing field because all the female characters are broken and non-threatening on account of being female.

Why the fuck didn't D&D give Stannis any funny dialogue? Stannis is hilarious in the books.
Jon:
>"Sire, some claim that you mean to grant lands and castles to Rattleshirt and the Magnar of Thenn."

Stannis:
>"Who told you that?"

Jon:
>"If you must know, I had the tale from Gilly."

Stannis:
">Who is Gilly?"

Melisandre:
>"The wet nurse. Your Grace gave her freedom of the castle."

Stannis:
>"Not for running tales. She's wanted for her teats, not for her tongue. I'll have more milk from her, and fewer messages. "

>t's actually a form of sexism and dehumanisation to depict women as perfect Mary sues. That's right, GOT is actually pretty sexist.
>It's racist, too.

Whatever you call it, YASS QUEEN is shit storytelling and needs to stop.

name twenty times where this happened

You're completely retarded of you think Jaime will switch sides after seeing his men burned to a crisp.

Did you even watch the last 15 minutes of the most recent episode? The director went to great lengths to show Jaime's perspective.

> And she didn't rule anything, Britain had a parliament
Heard you talking shit about the crown m8