ITT: Character that Sup Forums hate

>Always get overshadowed by Dick
>Opposite of Dick in every way, like
>Everyone hates him (character wise and reader wise)
>Not a chick magnet (even Tim can get more girls than him, hell, even Damian already attracted chick more than Jason)
>Bruce likes him the least
>Stuck with the worst writer (Fuck lodbell)
>Have been dead, and everyone prefer if he just die permanently
>Another Robin also died but that robin got better treatment than him
>Always get rekt by Damian
>Most cast he's been with mostly was just used Dick's friends

Jason is better than Tim and Damian (especially Damian)
He should have had more time as Red X that might have given him more attention

Korra is the Sup Forums equivalent of that bitchy girl in High school that you hated but was also super hot.

I wonder would Sup Forums change opinion if Miles was a girl.
Who am I kidding, put tits on table and Sup Forums will like it.

This
Proves you wrong
They'll hate it, they'll just also want to fuck it

I like her

Why don't they just
Give Jason a fucking break
Like why do comic writers do this?
Do they think that eternally shitting on a character instead of making them Bette or actually having people LIKE them is a good thing? I really don't understand this, someone explain this shit.

This insufferably boring cunt.

....are you trolling, op? Or are you freaking serious? Because not even a single one of your points is right.

>Extremely promising premise
>Compelling origin and motivations
>Foil for Batman and Dick
>One of the best Batman animated movies
>DC: Hey guys, how about we just stick him with Dick's sloppy seconds?
>DC: OH, and give him a shit writer.
>DC: And make him the asshole of the bat family

Why is DC such shit? I really hope that they do him some justice with Rebirth

Nah, Jason is best Robin and Red Hood is best Robin evolved form. Also nu52 RHatO was really fun and contains the objective best iteration of Starfire

Well, he's my favorite Robin so he has atleast one fan.

But i like Jay.

Then you're not Sup Forums.
Nice 8

Likewise. Only got into comic books last year, but I'm definetly liking Red Hood Rebirth thus far.

Well prepare to be disappoint.

>niggers

>hating Jason
What the heck is wrong with you, op?

He was never red x you retard

Is it because of Lobdell? If I may ask, why exactly do people hate him?

They're snobs. Enjoy it or Dont. Make up your own mind

This. I enjoyed RHATO & RH/A and I'm currently enjoying the rebirth series.

More like Miles is suffering from ()

Nobody likes a second guy in comics.

>Delusional milesfag
See, the thing is he got all the harem.
No suffering in that at all.

And because of that, he deserved all the hate he got.

I've literally never seen shittier taste than this

When your character makes people go "You know... maybe Scrappy Doo isn't that bad" it's time to kill yourself

Why the fuck people hate Scrappy Doo

What?

I mean Miles is suffering the "replacement thing", Where all the fans hate for replacing the ultimate spider-man.

Annoying catchphrase and outdoing his uncle.

Todd bot I'll always appreciate your dedication to your husbando

In the episodes that follow the classic Scooby Doo formula, he's not so bad and manages to be an entertaining foil to the *actual* foils of the show (Shaggy and Scooby.)

In later episodes/seasons/whatever it's a bit annoying that he replaces Velma and Fred by himself since he becomes less an oblivious tough guy wannabe and more competent/ half of the mystery solving pair who does any work. But it's still alright.

However there's also a slew of episodes that DON'T feature mysteries or capers and are just unwatchable goofy shit only featuring him, Shaggy, and Scooby. These are... well just bad. It's goofy antics stuff and if you wanted to watch actual Scooby Doo episodes, you're out of luck.

Over all, the reason people hate Scrappy (beyond just finding him annoying) ties into his Nephew Archetype. Huey Dewy and Louie started the trope alongside their Unca Donald, and to be frank, Hanna Barbera was *atrociously* prone to copying this archetype, with the Flintsones actually having their own kids being a huge exception. Even *Godzilla* got a goddamn nephew. Scrappy isn't just another example, since he grabbed half of the spotlight from one of HB's most enduring characters. he's considered the PENULTIMATE bad example of the trope.

Thanks mate, it somehow pains me that Sup Forums hates Jason without reason.

>50+ issues of shit
>Without reason

Hate the writer man, don't hate the character.
It's like you didn't read the OP.

He was great leading the Titans East team. Then they all died. RIP In Peace Powerboy

That's Jasonfags for ya.

Jasonfags here, I only followed until they change the artist. It became unbearable to read.

So not all Jasonfags.

I wish this stayed around longer. The New Challengers on the Unknown, testing their mettle against the multiverse.

Hell I hope Rebirth RHatO leads to Jason forming an Outlaw League:
Red Hood
Bizarro
Artemis
Red Arrow
Inertia
Kaldur'ahm (the conscience of the group)
A new White Martian (maybe related to M'gann)
Dex-Starr the Red Lantern

I hate Jason cause he's such a fucking tryhard.
>ooh look at me with my leather jacket and gun
>I was raised on the streets nobody else ever had it so bad
>I'm a punisher ripoff who can't take down anyone

Because there's a contingent of Jasonfags that gobble up Lobdell's crap just because it has character wanking

jason todd fan here

im so happy taht he finally has a good book

Tzitzi please go

>a good book
[CITATION NEEDED]

Eh, he doesn't really came out as a try hard for me. Just motorcycle fetish.
And guns are cool mate.

In fact, Jason looks to me more like a chill guy to hangs out.
Don't know, maybe personal reference.

Because he's a bad writer. He uses the Marvel Method, which means he litters the page with narration boxes telling the reader what they're supposed to be looking at, what emotions they're supposed to be feeling, etc. His dialogue is either snarky, passive-aggressive humor, or characters telling each other things they're supposed to know. His plots go nowhere because he doesn't plan more than one issue ahead, the new series is slightly better because editorial basically plotted the first few issues for him

i like his rebirth shit

I never payed enough attention to him,what are some good red hood stories?

Am I the only one here that likes Miles? With him we get teenage spider-man stories like classic Spider-man, which allows Peter to actually grow as a character.

Mile's biggest problem is Bendis. His stories contain a ton of race-baiting lately and involve crossovers way too often.

I'm pretty sure that no one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to read his book.

I personally enjoy his writing and the new RHATO is on my top 3 favorite rebirth books.

>he didn't really came off a tryhard for me
Nah the writers pushed him "psh...nothin personnel...kid" level of tryhard.

>teenager spider-man
>classic
Nigga pls

I vastly prefer the Arkham version of Red Hood to the New 52 one. Red Hood's main selling point is that he is a villain that was trained by Batman. He is the closest thing we get to a super-villain Batman, and DC ruined it in the comics by making him a dumb anti-hero.

He also had a much better origin than regular Red Hood. The subtle difference is that in the Arkham version Batman was really cold to Jason, who just wanted Batman to see him as a son. This makes him turning into a villain much more tragic.

Also, if Sup Forums wrote a reboot of Red Hood, what would you change?

Actually it's "It's personal, very personal".

So no, he's not a try hard.

Someone asked why people dislike Lobdell and I gave reasons. God forbid anyone EVER criticize his writing.

>red hood
>closest thing we got to supwrvillain Batman
That's not Deathstroke.
That's not Prometheus.
That's not Wrath.
That's not Killer Moth.

But why would you like a character who has never had a solo run which you enjoyed? Someone who enjoyed Lobdell's run or Winnick's series liking Jason is another thing.

Red Hood DLC is too short, man.
I want more.

rebirth is giving him a very good shake hes actually trying to do the right thing and he knows batman will never trust him but hes trying to make himself the ideal that batman had for him before he back red hood which is being handled very well, plus hes actually being a fucking detective and using his status as preknown enemy to batman to be able to get into the underworld places that batman cant and gain trust from people like black mask while planning to over throw them. though he still operates on the principle that if you work for a bad guy and your about to die you technically deserve it, hes just not the one pulling the trigger anymore. im excited for new red hood and the outlaws though bizarro superman seems like a weird addition to a team thats normally full of lighting brusiers

Jasonfag here, I understand you actually and agree to your point.

>he's not a tryhard
But he is, The character is so wrapped up in being "cool" that he's anything but.

>Jason wasn't really a villain in UTRH. He was just an angery kid who wanted to prove a point.
>And Batman already has so many villains and being a antihero fit Jason better.

The user from yesterday is right. Jason isn't a villain and he shouldn't be.

None of those are really a foil to Batman though. Sure they are smart and have a ton of gadgets and fighting experience, but they don't see themselves as heroes.

Red Hood is what Batman would be like if he gave into his no-kill rule. Red Hood would have been a great villain since he's not killing people for money or power. He has the same motivation as Batman; to make Gotham a better place.

That's why he should have stayed a villain.

I love the animated movies.
I love arkham knight genesis.
I love the art on rebirth Red Hood.

Well he never did depicted as "trying hard to be cool", most of the cast blatantly said the hate red hood.

Really, he looks just like a chill guy.

>none of those are really a foil to Batman
Neither is Jason!

Jason shouldn't see himself as a villain, but he should be a bit more menacing than "edgy Punisher with a motorcycle". His recent books have read like something a kid who wears leather to school would doodle in his notebook.

Not in his current state, but he was a pretty good foil in UTRH.

>tfw he would be great in a live action movie
>tfw Marvel beat DC to the punch with Winter Soldier
>tfw Daredevil already did the "shoot me or shoot him" scene
>tfw Batman is a murderous psychopath in the DCEU, negating the whole conflict of UTRH
>tfw WB is going with Deathstroke as their big villain, rendering Jason redundant
>tfw Jason's legacy in the DCEU will be getting killed by Harley

>playing the victim card
Typical of Jason haters.

No he fucking wasn't.

Lobdellfags baka

Did you really ate the coldsteel red hood meme?
Wow.

I dunno even know what you're trying to say.

He can't because DC will never allow him to kill any big guys.

Red Hood and The Punisher are two different characters and the only thing they have on common is them being willing to kill.

Alright ESl I'm gonna break this down for ya.
>Jason is a tryhard character
>because the writers tried too hard to make him cool

Still don't get that part, sorry.
Can you post the exact page where it actually implied that red hood is SO COOL like that?

You sure it wasn't just you that think he's a tryhard character because he wears motorcycle jacket and use guns?

Visual design does matter in comics. Having a tryhard design would make you a tryhard character.

>tryhard design
What did he mean by this?

So it's just a matter of personal taste then.
Well you're free to think he's a try hard character because of the design. That's subjective though.

I
I'm sorry mate. As much as I want to bash on jasonfags, I can't help you with that.

What do you think I mean?

Not that guy, but you're trying too hard to shit on a character with your tryhard post.

Listen m8, comics is a visual medium l. You give me a design that reeks of adolescent revenge fantasies and I'm gonna call it as I see it.

It's not just the design but everything about him.
>I beat up small time Gangsters aren't I cool
>I grew up on the mean streets aren't I cool
>I had sex with Batman and Bane's sloppy seconds aren't I cool

You're not trying hard enough.

>I had sex with Batman

>Revenge
He's trying to prove that he can be useful for bats.
Just like a rebellious kid that trying to prove he can do better on his own way.

Pretty motivational for me.

Never once did he ever said doing that is cool. All your argument was just like
>I beat villain aren't I cool
>I can fly aren't I cool
>I had sex with bitches aren't I cool
You sure, you're not the teenager here?

Quality post does matter in arguments. Having a tryhard post would make you a tryhard person.

See the resemblance?

I see you stretching

The character isn't saying it but the writer is.

>and Bane

Lobdell?
Well can't argue about that.

Wouldn't it be amazing if after all these years it was revealed that Red Hood hated Batman for raping him every night? It would be some great character development.

Damn it ESL.

>With him we get teenage spider-man stories like classic Spider-man, which allows Peter to actually grow as a character.
Coming from an user who liked Miles up to a point, one of his biggest weaknesses as a character was a lack of distinction from Peter Parker as Spider-Man. He isn't like Miguel who was purposely created as a direct contrast to Peter and he isn't like Kaine who went through a redemption arc and became a captivating anti-hero with a colorful supporting cast. Miles is about as middle of the road as it gets with subtle differences in his environment that doesn't truly effect him in a meaningful way (or at least in a way that has any substantial impact on his story.)

The fact that Bendis handles him so poorly by rehashing previous spidey archs while dropping much more interesting plotlines all together, not giving him an original rouges gallery, constantly reaffirming how he's a worthy successor to Peter (which no longer applies thematically now that he's in 616), and barely doing anything creative with his powerset outside of a story breaking one-hit KO gets on a lot of people's nerves here.

Also if you honestly think that Miles presence somehow allows Peter to finally grow as a character, you are sadly mistaken.

And Winnick.

yes

no

yes