Pearl spends the whole series emotionally tied to rose to the point where she's damaging herself

>pearl spends the whole series emotionally tied to rose to the point where she's damaging herself
>she finally gets the courage to be happy and move on because she doesn't need rose to be happy
>she falls in love with a mary-sue because she reminds her of rose

Where were you when all development of Mr. Greg was lost?

I'm sorry, were you under the impression that "It's over isn't it, why can't I move on?" in the episode means that she's "moved on" by the end? She's begun to heal the rift between her and Greg about what happened, that doesn't mean "I'm over Rose now."

Tbh im pissed she didnt get the murder cock in the end

>mary-sue

>She's begun to heal the rift between her and Greg about what happened, that doesn't mean "I'm over Rose now."
No, but she did get over Rose in that episode. That was kind of a big deal. Now she's just falling in love with Rose again. What the hell was the point of Mr. Greg?

this is Sup Forums
asking them to comprehend something on this level is like asking a duck to operate the printing press

she did not

all she did was finally forgiving Greg

>No, but she did get over Rose in that episode.
You're a fucking idiot, is the problem. She spent 6,000 years with rose, you think the idea of the episode was that she just got over it in a single night? Your interpretation was bad, and you've been shown that now, but you've chosen to tell yourself that somehow the show is backtracking.

>Your interpretation was bad, and you've been shown that now, but you've chosen to tell yourself that somehow the show is backtracking.

99% of all SU threads on this board can be summed-up by this

SU is fucking cancer there's been at least 10 threads about this fucking character in the past two days.

Im still mad pearl didnt fuck greg

Maybe you need to get the stick outta your ass and shut up?

Pearls new girlfriend will fuck Greg

>I love that Sup Forums has a million SU threads that are impossible to filter out I hope SU gets poplar enough to get its own board so I can post pics about my fav gem waifu ^_^
Kill yourself.

whoops, wrong one

We can only hope.

haha rofl xD thats totally pearl too :)

I swear this is the modern day Sonic the Hedgehog. Kids are gonna look back at how stupid Bismuth's designs were and how Smoky looks like a fan character the same way we look at Silver and Shadow.

Depends on how oneshot the love interest is.

>Modern-day sonic the hedgehog
Unless Sonic was involved in being some sort of social sexuality gig, this is far from it, but it has a cancerous fandom allthesame.

Buddy you fucking WISH this shit had the same cultural zeitgeist Sonic once pulled. There aren't even real toys, much less shoes.

she forgave Greg.

>Pearl makes all the same mistakes she made with Rose
>Gets cucked again

Difference is there's a chance Greg might not be interested if S shows attraction to him.

Then again he was a rocker before.

Well not literally the same mistakes with Greg playing the same role but Pearl's issue was she didn't communicate her feelings with Rose, just assumed they were shared then sat by as she lost her to someone else the only action she took was passive aggressively "marking her territory"

>Greg give "S" some of his old singles and she gets a bit too into them, so Greg has to write a rock ballad for pearl so that history doesn't repeat itself.

This is what happens when you let your show be about feelings and emotions and crying and garbage.

I'm not sying everything needs to be cape comics and explosions, but at least be good at what you do.

They should just rename the show "Crying Breakfast Gems"

It was the best of PearlGreg, it was the worst of PearlGreg.

Eitherway I'm sure the universal agreement is that if S returns, Greg should be a part of the episode.

Sugar probably thought she was being so clever with those segments.

>hey guys I'm pointing out a massive flaw in my show, that means the flaw no longer exists

I think that's more her saying "This is what the show is. I'm willing to laugh at myself but it is what it is." Hell, most shows eventually throw a dig or two at themselves.

>S recognizes that it's Greg's style and deduces he wrote the ballad
>Wants to talk to him about the song

What is Steven Universe if not constantly making Pearl suffer because of Greg's hypnotic voice

> Mary Sue

She's been in one episode and hasn't even opened her mouth on screen yet, calm your tits.

Oh, I'm sorry user, are these threads that actually discuss cartoons getting in the way of Loss edits and shitposting?
Either act like you're old enough to post here or kindly kys

>Thinking 10 threads about random no-name Lesbian girl where more than half the threads are shit posts meant to trigger SUfans is "discussing cartoons"
I'd rather have Loss edits than a dozen of these cluttering up the catalog while doing the same fucking thing over and over again. It starts out with people just sitting on SU then the fans roll in and defend the show and the haters get bored and leave and 300 replies it, just becomes a second, third, and fourth general.

You know there are other fucking cartoons on TV besides SU. If you can't see why having so many threads dedicated to one slice-of-life episode isn't unnecessary then maybe SU is of the right intelligence for someone like you.

>>>>>>tipping intensifies

She boosted her confidence by getting a number she's not even going to call her. I hope.

You do realize there's only been 5-7 threads in a 10-page board, right?

How is the Mystery Woman a Mary Sue?

We know nothing about her personality and she had no lines.

Not to mention the very idea of her even humoring someone who she knows ISN'T Rose is character development in and of itself.

>There's only been seven threads guys, it's not that much!
You know there's Reddit if you want an entire forum dedicated to your show.

How about you fuck off to your own general? Christ, this fanbase is insufferable.

Nah, the fact that people keep demanding for a containment board despite the threads barely covering 20% of Sup Forums for a day is amusing, and disappointing.

It's discussion of a cartoon, and the mods and janitors will delete extra threads if necessary. No need to throw a hissy fit because you see more than three pictures of the show in your anonymous image board.

For the most part they have been sticking to the generals, these other threads that have been popping up have been people who don't even like the show but seem extremely obsessed with it.

At average, a new episode would spawn about four threads. This recent one had a controversial character design and attracts more replies regardless if the OP is a hater or not.

Im fucking shocked that her design is "controversial" in the first place. Dont people usually love goth girls in cartoons

She has a butch dyke build.

She's easily seen as a tumblr girl than a goth punk rocker. Doesn't help that SU is known around as the tumblr show.

>Now she's just falling in love with Rose again.
Girl that physically kinda resembles Rose is not the same thing as Rose.

Rose substitute.

Pearl has a type, big whoop. We don't know what her personality is like.

why do you assume it's a mary sue? We don't even know who she is yet lol.

We know EVERYTHING about her! Just look at how the underfed (and probably very confused) Koreans animated their body language in the two dialogue-free minutes she was on screen!

Not just that

BUT A HUMAN

"regressing" my ass.

ITT: Sup Forums, comprised of emotionally stunted virgins, can't comprehend that it is literally impossible, and bad writing to have a character just magically get over a long lost love and move on after one song and dance episode, and can't realize that true, realistic character development is full of ups and downs with no clear goal in the distance, and also, given that they've never dated people before, don't realize the cold, hard realization anyone has watching this episode, empathizing with the fact that much like many people in real life, Pearl is attracted to people similar to her ex girlfriend, and that for many people in the real world, this holds true to their "type", which is something uncomfortably awkward for them.

user, people felt that way about Siilver and Shadow from day one.

>Forgave Greg
But he didnt do anything wrong.

which is what Pearl finally understood

you DO NOT dis Shadow!

feel free to bash Silver tho
there is only room for one re-color in this franchise

Well it's not like she has a lot of options when it comes to species these days. It's either humans or one of the exact same bitches she's known for the past 6 millennia.

>mary-sue
She's had like two minutes of screentime and no actual lines. That's not a MS

>children's show
>requires you to have years of dating experience to relate to it

or, you know
just not being autistic

I'm just shocked they had a character flagrantly break the law and commit FELONY EVASION of the police.

or one of the psychos they recently picked-up

TERRIFYING
RENEGADE
PEARL

This chaps my caboose.

Kids who watch this show aren't old enough to drive and the people who are old enough to drive aren't stupid enough to do what a cartoon character does.

That doesn't make it any easier.

This character has nearly killed the protagonist thrice.
She's murdered many, many people over millennia.

Why are you concerned with running from the cops?

>murdered many people over the millennia
Battle isn't murder, and Gem battle isn't even killing.

>implying an immortal lesbian space rock is subject to human laws

>No, but she did get over Rose in that episode.

Heh, Thousand of years at Rose's side. She's been without Rose for just 14 years (Steven's age). Just a couple of it's ok let's fix relations episodes should do. C'mon.

People complains a lot but that's completely logical. I don't see regression there. That would be very fast for a so long-lived being as a gem.

I'm sure this has already been said in this thread but just a reminder.

Everyone is forgetting
> Pearl said she's done with the past (aka thirsting over Rose varguba)
> still treated her like a human (I'm an elite gem who saved your planet, you're welcome btw)
> Pearl is an autist who will always believe she's above humans on some level but her being a badass was really to impress Steven and Amethyst just as much as it was building up the nerve to talk to MG.
Even as I type this, it's also becoming clear that Pearl is realizing she is her own gem, and she can make the same choices as Rose Quartz too, including being attracted to humans. She just likes em thicc with pink hair, but I didn't' get the impression she wants S to grow her hair out and start wearing dresses.
> tfw you realize both gems met a human at a rock show
Pearls going to make it senpai.

user the most important thing you need to learn is that people don't change. Not even a little.

>hello darkness my old fried

Nah, because Greg isn't a cunt and would want Pearl to have a gf, he would likely rebuff S. Remember in Mr. Greg he feels like he should have backed off since he knew Pearl liked Rose. This would be his second chance.

You'd be surprised at the 'adults'.

I don't get why everyone's jumping the gun so hard here.

Pearl has only talked to her and gotten her number. Sure, it's cause she looks like Rose, but that just means it could go anywhere from here.

S is literally just the start of Pearl's next character arc.

I haven't watched this show since Peri first moved in. What are some essential episodes about the gems/home world?

Nigga just watch them all.
By "moved in" I assume you mean like Catch and Release? Did you even get to the barn?

There's not too much townie stuff from that point till now. The Barn stuff is full of Peridot development and her slipping gem/homeworld/lore shit everywhere.

Only thing that would backfire is if S was shown to be a cunt in either
>Greg backs off but S thinks Pearl told him to do so
>Greg backs off but this makes S want the Greg more, causing Pearl to protect Greg as a concerned friend rather than a jealous lover

>mary-sue
ITIMWYTIM

honestly, that she can peruse/interact with a person that reminds her of Rose without losing her shit strongly supports the idea that she's over it.
People who aren't "over" stuff generally go ape-shit whenever something reminds them of that thing (see seasons 1&2 pearl, who probably would've shut down and gone home when she saw the Rose look-alike/kidnapped her/broke everything in the store/some other nonsensical shit). She ran lights and fled cops as conscious reactions later, but those were aware, conscious decisions rather than knee-jerk overreactions.
Things you've put behind you can still influence your actions, but as learning experiences and not obsessions.

>watching
>caring
>enjoying any part of this show

Kill yourself

Mystery Girl is Jasper in disguise

Jasper is a beastdog now

Actual virgin with little dating experience here.
I continue to be baffled by Sup Forums's lack of comprehension in regard to the characters here.
Seriously, people are not that hard to get if you can muster up a modicum of empathy.
And SU has been very clear about what the characters feel.
Expecting emotions this central to the show to be simply resolved and never mentioned again is a mode of thinking I can only attribute to watching too many shows that operate on a strictly episodic basis.
How the fuck do these people expect Pearls central conflict to just disappear when the show at the same time treats Steven and Connie becoming a serious item as a continuous process of them learning more about each other, love, relationships and the kind of destiny Connie has opted into with Steven.

you dense motherfucker

S. is Jasper in disguise: She knows Pearl's preferences, so she took a disguise in which she can hurt her from the inside

I mean, it'll do its best, but mostly its going to get horrified.

Jasper is a corrupted beastdog, now. Not able to change forms

I maintain that S might invite Pearl to some D&D. Warrior of light and all.

Mystery Girl is getting over her ex, who looked just like Pearl, and left her for a guy that looks just like Greg.

Screencap this post.

>Implying anyone on Sup Forums has the experience.

But really reread what you wrote and feel bad.

Pro Donald message.

To be honest for a show that seems really anime-inspired, the fights always go below mediocre so we're stuck with the emotional baggages (unfortunately).
Hullo, another loser here to debunk that even if you claim to have moved on you still subconsciously seek someone similar to your past love, and I don't think it would last long for Pearl to realise 'I'm projecting Rose to this human, and Steven is almost human and he doesn't like to be called Rose' and probably fucks off.

>a mary sue
the fuck? we don't know anything about her you fuckin dolt

>The idea of being desirable is so foreign to OP that he thinks it can only happen to a Mary Sue

>Mary-Sue
No offense OP but you just made me want to beat you to death.

Do it, faggot.