ITT: Villains you wish had stayed reformed

Sandman was way more interesting as a hero/anti-hero than he is as a generic villain. Even Sam Raimi understood that better than modern writers.

>FBI's most wanted

Black Cat.
Slott has actually made her far more evil than she ever was in her original appearances.

Don't be so autistic, Byrne

I really liked the Riddler as a private detective during Dini's Run on Detective.

Baron Zemo used to be an interesting and complex anti-hero.
Then Brubaker made him evil again, Hopeless had him go back to the Masters of Evil, Remender had him lead Hydra and Spencer turned him into Cobra Commander.

Captain cold obviously

But besides that. Have they EVER turned a villian into a hero and kept them that way? All it ever takes is one shit writer to take the easy "they go bad again" route.

That's exactly what we DON'T want though. Felicia is best girl besides Chat

Felicia is a knock off catwoman, people only like her cause they can fap to her.

>Have they EVER turned a villian into a hero and kept them that way?
Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Songbird, Atlas, Mach-X, Rogue, Gamit, Sunfire, Banshee, Marrow and Emma Frost.

On a related note: Radioactive Man who was also randomly evil again for no reason post Thunderbolts.

Songbird and MACH (as of now, at least).

Second.

I'm pretty sure Major Damage remained a hero all the way through.

Yeah, P.I Nigma was great

All of those were always intended to turn good.

I mean take an established villain, make them good for good without that being the original intent.

I was mad as hell when they not onyl turned him bad again, but into a murderer.

Did they really think all the good Riddler PI stories had been told by then? I fucking hate the status quo.

Emma Frost, Songbird, Atlas and Mach-Whatever were all villains for years until being made into heroes by different writers.

I understand how you feel. P.I Nigma was a treasure to comics

Yeah bro, they created Screaming Mimi and Beetle with the intent of turning them good twenty years later.

He is an anti-hero nowadays, but I wish we had Professor Magneto back.

You ever pissed off your Ex user?

That sounds pretty cool and I'm not even that into batman. Why would they end that?

>we almost got the Wild Pack in Spectacular Spider-Man with them as members

Are you aware that Songbird's original creator was dead by the time she turned into a hero, right?

Have they ever taken a Hero who was created with the intention of being good and made them into an outright villain?
Only one I can think of is Ultimate Reed.

Hal Jordan, but that thankfully got reversed. Angel, too, for a while.

Pied Piper

Captain America since Reborn.

Fucking Tony Daniel

The Sentry (fucking Bendis) and Bishop

Does Sentry actually count? Wasn't he always the split personality?

Bendis retconned Robert Reynolds into being a pathetic junkie that accidentally drank God.

>You woundnt guess whose come to see you!
>I dunno... Batman?

>Mr. Nygma, I am Bruce Wayne.

Has anything been done with Angel post-Dark Angel Saga?

He's currently in Uncanny X-Men, but I'm not following it, so I can't say exactly what's been going on there.

in which issue does it start?

He got split between his normal and Archangel forms by Clan Akkaba who were using him to create an army of mindless Archangels. Warren merged with all of them pretty much becoming himself again and is now back to being Archangel.

Thanos
Not really a hero but I liked that he had apparently found peace and retired to a farm
It was super cheesy, but I liked it and I wish he was still there

And even then, afor a while he was more of an anti-hero with a code that helped out a lot. He's now full-on pure evil conqueror.

It's not like anybody ever uses him to his full potential as a villain.
Hes always that warmup badguy now, the one who leads into the real threat of the book.

Status Quo.

I like that

I hate when heroes have a soft spot for female anti-heroes

Avengers Alliance was great that way, with pretty much all symphathetic villains minus Sabretooth and Howard the Duck recruitable.

Are there any good guys that became a bad guys and stayed that way permanently?

Bishop?

Wait, he's back to full on evil again? Last thing I read with him in it was him being with Silver Sable. (I'll admit I don't much follow Marvel)

If memory serves, it was during a brief time when John Byrne was charged with moving in and making everything in the Spider-Man comics as much like they were in the 1960s as possible. There was like a three page story in which he got hooked up with some sort of brainwash machine which reset his personality to his former criminal ways, and with the flip of a switch, decades of character development were washed away.

James Jesse Trickster

>we're gonna retcon Trickster back to being evil
>and then will kill him off and replace him with someone else anyway

He's half and half now. There was some story Slott did where Sandman created various people out of his body and they fought with each other. So there's good Sandman in there but there's also shitty bad guy Sandman. I can only vaguely remember it if just for the fact that Slott tried to fix things somewhat for the character

john byrne´s era was a dark era

Doctor Druid?

Fuck off, Slott.

Actually Byrne tried to claim that for all those years, the Sandman had only PRETENDED to be good. To add insult to injury, he had The Thing say that he never actually believed that Sandman had reformed.
A different writer wrote that 3 page story you mentioned where The Wizard turned Sandman evil again in order to keep the new status quo without completely shitting on every story the Sandman had been in for the past 20 years.

Thanos Quest, Thanos Imperative, and his little journey pre-Annihilation (forget what it's called) are GOAT. He's so damn fun to watch.