ITT: Movies that transcend the Patrician-Pleb divide

ITT: Movies that transcend the Patrician-Pleb divide

I gotchu senpai

This one is just pretentious crap

Usual Suspects
American Beauty
Lost In Translation

The movie blows its wad too early at the beginning and loses you after the first 20 minutes.

fight club

Shut up you idiot. It's fine if you don't like the docking scenes, but it's still a great movie and I don't think it's really pretentious at all.

literally what plebs know about this movie?

ITT: Talentless hacks

that image is a troll, right? There were films that Kubrik took inspiration (or stole) from, but that isn't one.

Shawshank Redemption
The Matrix
The Goonies

Kubrick ripped off anyone he could.

Pleb

Usual Suspects is firmly plebs only. American Beauty too

Looks like he just de-shitted shots that were potential Kino and then strung them together into something coherent

>literal 20 minute docking sequence.

2001 is the film form of modern art. It's pretentious bull but people lap it up and claim it's great. Even staying with Kubrick, Dr Strangelove actually had a story and was 1000% better.

2001 is just the Avatar of decades passed.

but Lost in Translation isn't? Damn, that's the only of the three I don't like. Imust be some kind of turbo-pleb.

>2001 is just the Avatar of decades passed.
I don't know if I've ever really physically cringed at something until I read this. I might even agree that Dr. Strangelove is better, but damn, you never go full retard, man.

The problem with fight club is that it's fanbase is made up of edgy 14 year olds who think the movie is promoting anarchism and anti-capitalism.

The movie is about the excesses of conformity and non-conformity. You aren't supposed to agree with Tyler (or Jack for that matter). They represent the extremes of consumerism and anti-consumerism. Sure Jack's condo life is empty and meaningless, but Tyler is basically a glorified homeless person.

The world's that both of them inhabit demand a certain degree of conformism. With Tyler, it comes in the form of the rules of fight club and project mayhem. These groups are supposed to be nonconformist by nature and yet their members follow Tyler's every word as gospel.

That simple fact flies over the heads over 90% of the people that watch that movie. They just want to be edgy rebels like Brad Pitt. It really ruins the movie in a way, because they didn't do enough to make Tyler's lifestyle undesirable.

de-shitted hahaha nice one, user.

this movie is good but it definetely doesnt transcend pleb/patrician like 2001 does

By that I mean the only good thing is the visuals and it looks dated as hell now.

Kubricks best film is Paths of glory

Oldboy

Apocalyps Now
The Master
There Will Be Blood
Full Metal Jacket
Eyes Wide Shut
Taxi Driver
King of Comedy
Blue Velvet
Dunkirk

>film needs story
ULTRA pleb

Cross-dressing is objectively funny, but could they get away with it today?

>The dark knight
>Godfather
>Goodfellas

>capeshit

Meaning patricians and plebs can hate it, the latter because it's boring as fuck for them, and the former because it's an incoherent mess? Yes, I agree.

>The Dark knight
>Capeshit

DC, Marvel, Nolan, Synder, Doesn't matter. It's all the same childish shit.

>The dark knight
>Childish
Kys contrarian fag

>look at me! Im so """"patrician""""! Am I unique to the rest of Sup Forums now!!

Two fucking years ago you were unique to Sup Forums if you liked capeshit
>No focus on aesthetic value of any kind
>Story is literally a superhero in a cape chasing a bad evil guy
>You already know what's going to happen before it happens
>Made for the sole purpose of commercial success

This
Fuck off autist

You say that, but the 70mm screening I just saw in London had people crunching crisp packets and whispering to each other during the quiet parts.

Fuck everyone

>Gets called out being pretentious
>Responds pretentiously
Potery