Memes aside, what does Sup Forums honestly think of Rick & Morty ?

Memes aside, what does Sup Forums honestly think of Rick & Morty ?

Best cartoon of the last decade.

It's great

Season 1 is god-tier.
Season 2 is pretty good but started taking itself too seriously and I think some of the show's original tone was lost because of it.

This

pretty damn good
enjoy both the more comedic 1st season as well as the slightly more serious 2nd season

bump

I prefer Steven Universe.

He always said it was going to become more serious and with more of a story or whatever.

I think the episode with King Jellybean is still the best
especially the part at which the B-Plot and A-Plot both pick up the pace at the same time escalating in violence
I think my least favourite are those episodes in which they watch TV
Maybe I am just not a big fan of improv?

It is a good show. Great for a quick watch. But like all Dan Harmon shows it is starting to think its shit don't stink. I anticipate a huge fall off in season 3 followed by dan leaving the show.

Its-a good-a show

>literal cuck joke in Episode 3 or whatever

Stopped watching there.

It's good. Not the second coming or anything but still pretty good. At times it suffers from being too Roilandy, some of the jokes end up being dragged out too much and a few of the episodes get dragged down by that. It's pretty great right now but could easily go the way of Family Guy or The Simpsons.

overrated mediocre psuedointellectual comedy

I don't see a shift in tone of the seasons.
But the first one was simply better with less meh episodes.

At least they're getting a third season
Remember Ugly Americans?

this

I think it's a disgustingly over-rated show for what's basically Super Jail: In Space/scifi edition. I could tolerate the show but the fanbase is ungodly obnoxious and shove it in your face at ever turn as some sort of savior of animation, and the hype makes me really like a lot less than I would've. It's painfully overrated but you'll be dragged through the mud if you suggest it's not the absolute greatest thing ever.
>Inb4 Reddit-defense force, I didn't even make this pic btw

THIS.

this
seconded

here ya go

Just reminding everyone that this thread would be completely different if reddit didnt like rick and morty. This thread is about insecurity, not rick and morty.

>Hurr Durr I have you a (you) your opinion is invalid epic reply XD
What's your damage?

Nice show I enjoyed it.
I personally prefer pseudointellectuality to lots of sentimental crap out there.

>Butthurt.

But Rebbit and Morty is Reddit.
We wouldn't be saying it if the show didn't push so hard
>Constant fedora-tipping atheism
>Reddit-tier epic references and styled humor (lol inception parody aren't we clever?)
>Glorify a character whose an asshole just because he agrees with the tested viewers views
>Making sure the audience knows GOOBERMENT IS EBIL and Rick fought against them like a good redditor
>Edgy death scenes and whiny 9 Inch Nails songs playing over a melodramatic scene
I wouldn't even mind if it was just a niche show like Mike Tysons Mysteries, Super Jail or Mr. Pickles. Wouldn't need to watch it to be cool or to make a statement, you could just like it.

But every fan I've come across has insisted it's the BEST THING IN ANIMATION UPVOTE IT and you should watch as this deep and meaningful intellectual show which is painful and insulting.

This.
All comments on the r/RickandMorty subreddit are all cirlejerk pseudo-intellectuals and if try to criticize it or say you don't like it, people will act like you're insane and you'll be downvoted right away, outright banned if you insist it's not all that revolutionary.

The fanbase is, depressing that way.
To be fair SU is the same way, it's hugbox and dissent is absolutely unacceptable if you're not praising it unilaterally.

How the fuck do you guys know so much about Reddit?

>The 3rd season is going to be written by women.
RIP.

I don't think it really tries to be intellectual.

>they aped a Sup Forums meme for that episode

LOL

I love rick and morty (other than the improv bits), but my biggest complaint is the fanbase is pretty short of Homestuck-tier autism. I mean autistic in the sense that they have a hard time emphasizing POV and understanding why other's might not like it, like it genuinely confuses them when others have different thoughts or opinions on the show less stellar than theirs.

Why are you so buttmad? Are you from reddit?

not them but
I go there. I don't have an account or anything but sometimes I like to read the comments.They're awful usually, like youtube comments but guess I'm a masochist

Sup Forums IS reddit

>Why are you so buttmad?
Hello newfriend! How's your first day around Sup Forums? Did you read about memes and funny lulz like U mad bro on Encyclopedia Dramatica? Well good luck and enjoy your stay here, I know this site can be a scary place but you'll fit in and be a valuable contributor in no time :)!

Oh and if you're trying to find the like button, the downvote or reblog I'm sad to say there isn't one. This may be confusing for you but you'll get used to it eventually. Unless you don't, either way.

Why do you hang out in the Rick and Morty subreddit?

We are Tumblr and Reddit.

You seem mad.

Everything looks intellectual to stupid people.

I know real life reddits user.
They browse reddit.
They speak reddit in real life.
They reference Neil DeGrasse Tyson and Gurren Laggan and get into EPIC talks about politics and have mouths so loud and wide they can be heard from space over their mouth-breathing.
It's not hard to know much about it, Reddit doesn't let you ignore itself easily.
Those people are the audience Justin Roiland hits home with best.

>Got rekt
>Ressort to "welcome newfag" copypasta

This. What the fuck are people on about? I don't recall the show ever trying to be intellectual outside of maybe the god episode.

I want to bitch and whine about jokes that didn't hit home or episodes which weren't that great but all the discussion here is pretty circlejerky.
So I go there to find a different opinion.There is none. It's a futile search.

>vote mens right

This is obviously false.

Some people mentioned record tipping shenanigans, but I think it's a bit more nuanced than that. I remember the episode where Rick gives Morty his collar to return home and as he tries to fix it and fails he seems to genuinely ask God for help, of course once he fixes it and saves himself he boasts about how he did it and God can piss off. What got me was that I don't think a fully fedora show would even have had the moment where Rick did that.

As a side note what I really like about the show is the references to classic sci fi stuff from Asimov to Cronenberg.

>unironic pepe memes
You must be 18+ to browse here friend.

Isn't there an anti-feminist episode where they adopt an alien and prove how silly an all woman society would be or something? I'm not arguing, I just remember that being thrown around once.
>saves himself he boasts about how he did it and God can piss off
Genuinely curious, doesn't that strike you as a pretty fedora moment in itself?

One of the best adult comedy shows.

I think there should be an episode where Morty meets a Kaworu-expy that's genuinely nice to him, complimenting him and calling him brilliant. Then HE FUCKING DIES IN THE MOST VIOLENT WAY.

Come on Roiland, DO IT.

>Got rekt
>Ressort to "You're underage" copypasta

The impressions I get generally categorize into 3 types of fans
1)The sort of huge Tool who acts like R&M is a deep critical show on our cultural landscape and will praise it as so deep and dark obnoxiously (Counterpart to the SU fans who do the same thing)
2)Less annoying, just Uber-fans will say it's the best show ever or greatest thing to grace television in decades (Also similar to SU)
3)Fans like me who think it's acceptable for Adult swim fodder but hate the fanbase who has a mouthful of hardons for sucking it off

>Isn't there an anti-feminist episode

Lol no. The even say unironcally"the 70% for the same job" bs like it's a fact.

They suck up to the feminists.

>implying it's not
Rick and Pepe is Cartoon kino
Steven Jewverse is also Cartoon kino
They're both kinos of the far right and far left respectively

Is it stated like it's a fact or through a straw-man womyn feminist character who gets proven wrong and the audience is supposed to sympathize with Rick for putting up with the stance or something.

Why are you so mad that some people like it more than you do?
There aren't many good adult cartoons at the moment and every 6 foot guy looks like a giant among dwarfs.

It pisses me off how they try to portray Rick as the good guy and that Morty should try to be more like him.

I'm grateful for Rick and Morty taking up timeslots that could have easily been thrown away on things like Tim and Eric farting into a microphone for half an hour.

You know that attempts at deeper story lines don't actually have to be the best to be good or interesting to watch right?

As much of a gag as it was the AR Beth and Jerry scene from tv ep is pretty damn good.

Because they're annoying and make it hard to discuss a show objectively? I want to enjoy a show but part of that is being critical and nitpicking at it's flaws as much as jokes I liked. If everyone just is up it's ass it's annoying and I cannot be part of a hugbox fandom like mlp or SU. Its why I stay out of the Generals.

Rick and Morty fandom feels like a 24/7 General wherever I go.

That annoys me too, but the fans idolize him and show seems to try to push him as the most sympathetic 'epic' character that you should emulate as Morty should.

Not really the female society was obviously better. Nobody even implies Summer is wrong. Rick is just annoyed.

You were obviously not in the Sup Forums thread when it aired.

I'm grateful for assholes like Tim and Eric and Eric Andre exist so the cancer that is World Peace by the cesspool that is MDE can take up even less timeslots.

It's pretty good, but Season 3 needs to be tight because Season 2 was too hit or miss. I dropped Venture Bros in season 3, and I'll drop R&M too.

No they don't. The show potrays him to be completely morally bankrupt self-important and completely destructive and he acts this way because it's the easist solution to solve his problems. Morty is incompetent because he's a teenager that is still trying to make sense of the world Rick lives in and he sometimes actually helps Rick doing the right thing.

Fucking loved it.
The fandom was great for a while.

Venture bros season 3 was weak but you should pick it up again.
The most recent season is 10/10.

I think season 3 was actually the better seasons of Venture Bros.

You know, you watch the cartoon, not the peoples that likes the cartoon too, if you dislike them, you can simply ignore them.

honestly I think it's a really good adult animated show coming out in a time when we've got a lot of really good adult western animation

this desu

Why did it get cancelled?

It's popular, so I hate it

Sort of agreed. I like Bojack slightly more.

>Dropping Venture Bros
>Back when they still made full-length seasons and stuck to a schedule

D-did it trigger you?

>Comment reads like he swallowed a thesaurus
>Mocks "pseudointellectuals"
wew

I gotta admit, the ending if the season 2 finale hit kinda hard. What a somber ending, but the potential from here is gonna be nuts.

Summer brings the factoid up at the most inappropriate moment, when trying to convince the Gazorpians why they shouldn't be killed. It's not treated as right or wrong, just as an inappropriate, flame-baiting remark.

I had to rebuild a portal gun one handed all because of your stupid boobs.

dumb ignorant faggot

What an intelligent post.

Season 2 finale was pointless.
Start of season 3 will be him breaking out in the first 5 minutes and back to episodic of the week format.

>if you are anti feminist you are a meninist
Please fuck off

Who are you quoting?
You're giving away your spots here over nothing dude.

Not the best ratings.
What pissed me of a lot more than its cancellation was the fact that none of the producers of the show wanted to admit that they got canceled for over a year and just kept telling everyone to be patient.

Go back to it. Season 3 had some of my favorite episodes. The buddy system is goat

They had female writers since the very first season.

S1 is fantastic. Clever, well written, and fun.

S2 is a lot less consistent. There are some good moments, but also a lot of bad ones.

if Sup Forums is a combination of two websites you hate, why are you still here

>Best cartoon of the last decade.
I might say it's one of the best, but honestly I wouldn't call it THE best. I would say avatar is better, but that's probably because I prefer that kind of narrative to the episodic kind of show r&m is.

>everything i don't like is reddit

Bojack just goes on and on and gets boring as shit.

It's intellectual in the sense that it recognizes the standards and tropes of the genre. It's /psuedo/intellectual in the fact that it feels like it needs to draw attention to it every time it subverts something, or every time it does anything. Nine times out of ten, the joke isn't the joke. The joke is that they're pointing out the joke. Like in the comic, there was an entire page dedicated to patting itself on the back for making a brick joke that it set up not two issues earlier.

Love it, season 3 can't air fast enough

Not into the art style.

But all the writers for the 3rd season are going to be female. That's like playing Russian Roulette with a fully loaded gun.

The most groundbreaking western cartoon since Ren and Stimpy.

oh no oh no oh no, dammit!

What? The show DOES NOT try to paint Rick in a good light. They often make what he does turn out to the right thing in the end, but that's part of the JOKE. They don't try to not make him look like a jackass, even if he has reason for being the way he is. There are some positive aspects of hsi relationship with Morty but it's not all positive. It's just not all negative. But even with the positive aspects the show goes out of its way to make Rick seem like a massive tool because that's what he is. They aren't trying to make him look like a good guy. it's not that black and white.

ayy fair' nuff.