Have you ever taken a DNA ancestry test? Any surprises in the results?

Have you ever taken a DNA ancestry test? Any surprises in the results?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lj-GYzVVDS4
occamsrazormag.wordpress.com/2015/01/16/genetics-white-americans-are-very-white/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How do i do that

my ancestor :)

Order a kit from a company that can do the test for you (e.g. AncestraDNA, 23andme, MyHeritage, etc.).

>Have you ever taken a DNA ancestry test? Any surprises in the results?

there's no point
this shit is for white people

Just seems like a waste of time desu

dios mio...

Don't order at myheritageDNA, they're an israeli company and their results are shit (plus you can't use their raw data for any third party application)

>half Italian
>6% NERDic

I dont need one. Both of my parents are technically north korean.

>pay a company to store your DNA and give you false results
>they will work and sell your DNS to more companies

>91.4% european

>canadian family

It's a waste of money. I see the skin of many people and can find where people come from.

My grandmother, dad's side, kept telling us we had native american blood because of a distant relative of hers.
We brushed it off as her being bat shit crazy as usual.
Took my test 2 months ago. Turns out she's right. I'm 1/16th Cherokee. I also a ginger with blue eyes.
I'm a fucking abomination in the eyes of God.

I cant even make those because everyone would be the same flag.

Yes I did, and I found some interesting surprises.

t. descendant of Pre-Pottery Neolithic Anatolian farmers and Caucasian hunter-gatherers

I never waste my time with one of these. Eight rows and they all would still be US flags. Every line in my family was here at least one generation before the Revolutionary War. And they were all Western European.

I’m a fucken hafu and my Japanese side looks kinda Caucasian for some reason
Should I take an ancestryDNA test?

>north korean
there was bound to be Manchu rape babies

that's your Jomon haplogroup D lineage boy.

To be honest, I was quite suprised knowing where I am from (flag).

Never tought someone could be 100% double V.

I have relatives who did it and basically got the same west european hodgepodge that everyone with scottish ancestry gets. 25% "scandinavian", 25% "irish", 25% "english", 24% "western and central european", 1% "iberian"

>part Cherokee

No joke user, you can get free university and shit. Native Americans get tons of benefits.

only for a certain percentage (50%-75%) native american

also you have to prove your grandparents were too, and what tribe and where they are from

t. my parents are cherokee and sioux, but im adopted white kid, so 0 benefits

>tfw discovered that i am 97% brit but 3% scandinavian

fuck that shithole

I was an eighth Black instead of a quarter

I don't need DNA tests to know I'm a Euromutt.

Even if I don't take the test, I already know that I'm mutt as fuck.
>have ancestor from arab (or india)
>have ancestor from northeast asia
If I have white blood, then it will be even worse.

viking rape baby ancestors

One side of my family have a book full of church and other records pertaining to muh heritage stuff stretching back a few hundred years or so. Yet I haven't read any of it nor really care about things like DNA tests.
That webm was humorous, though. His Vikangz outfit reminded me of an obese version of a royal Skellige guard in The Witcher 3.

>not 1/16th native
>tfw reverse mutt
>Yakama tribe but 1/16th Anglo

Which one would you recommend?

I did it out of curiosity on AncestryDNA. Was surprised by the lack of North African in me.

>lack of North African in me.
do u want some bby

I'm willing to have children with more than 2% NA in them, if you catch my drift.

I am supposedly 100% pure Vietnamese descended from dragons (lmao) so the story goes. For some reason if I grow out my facial hair, there's red/brown patches. People also keep saying I'm quite light skinned. I'm a nerd that stays inside the vast majority of the time though.

Not sure what genetic fuckery causes this. I can see Chink or other SEAmonkey neighbor admixture.

You know it's probably just markers common to both areas, right.

>red/brown patches
Are you a vegetarian, or skinny by any chance?

What's the point?

I'm not a vegetarian or vegan faggot. I definitely eat meat, no homo. I wouldn't consider myself skinny either.

What makes you ask?

1/2

2/2

>Have you ever taken a DNA ancestry test?
yes
>Any surprises in the results?
no

My grandparents on my dad's side came straight from Italy. Sicily, to be exact. They emigrated to the US around the same time Mussolini was in charge. My mom's side is Sicilian too but I'm not sure where my mom's parents and grandparents came from.

Anyone have any insight into who Sicilians were generally fucking back then in like the late 1800s-early 1900s?

I've been told I have sami and jewish ancestry, so no thanks

No surprises except precise figures for East-Asian admix through my Siberian Cossack ancestors at 0,5%.

No need, honestly. It's like 48% Syrian, 46% Ir*sh, 2-3% British, 2% Italian, 1% Scandi at best.

No, I just looked at my nose.

>100% Finnish

I'd just end myself, desu.

100% Eastern Slav
Where tf are my moni

23andme

25% Irish, 25% French 50% Lithuanian

>"Western European"
Hello, O'Muttigan

100% mutt

Aren't they known to tamper with the results (randomly adding SSA if they deem a result "too white")? Wouldn't trust their accuracy any more

My family still celebrates some Lithuanian holidays. My grandparents left post WWII during the brain drain.

What Lithuanian holidays, like Hanukkah? There's a slim chance they got away right after WW2 as people weren't really allowed to emigrate freely unless they were Jews or KGB agents.

Seconding this. I uploaded my 23andme results to MyHeritage, and suddenly I had African ancestry, which hasn't been prevalent on any other DNA testing service. Is the jew meme really true?

Kūčios. We use it as an excuse for an "extended family's Christmas". We just eat a bunch of fish and hang out.

Not they weren't Jews, but they were highly educated from what I hear. I know next to nothing about them because my grandfather died in his late 40s from a heart condition and my grandmother died a couple weeks later from "broken heart syndrome" or whatever that mysterious phenomena is.

About all I know about them.

>Kūčios.

Do you uncultured swines have 12 dishes on the table and no meat during it? Or you do it American style and eat hamburgers on it.

We have 12 or 13, something like that. No "meat" only fish and some meme disgusting Slavic dishes.

We keep it pretty traditional as a joke, going so far as to reenact old superstitions for fun, like lining 5 candles in a row and the unmarried women in the family would attempt to blow out the candles and if you couldn't blow them all out you'd die alone lol

Something like that.

I'm half French and half Chilean.
I hesitate between ancestry and 23andme

What bothers me is their vagueness, because there is no such thing a French ancestry. It's a mix of Celtic, Alpine, Germanic, Mediterranean people...

>Slavic dishes.

Triggered.

Does your last name or come from Lith side or Mick/Frog?

lmao who the fuck takes DNA ancestry tests besides Sup Forumstards

Not until they include markers for Sephardi and Mizrahi jews in their results
I really don't see why they have Jewish: Ashkenazim and nothing else. blatant favoritism

Here's a hint of the surname

youtu.be/lj-GYzVVDS4

He fucked his boyfriends mom??
and the boyfriend raised his moms son/his brother/his son?????
Wow. Americans are really liberal.

Some form of blackbird?

Don't they put false % of nigger DNA "to BTFO racist" as they says. It's a lie and it was made by a jew

Yes sir. Exactly.

>tfw you are 92% scandinavian and 8% brit

Pure aryan. Seig hail bro

Yep. found out my dad wasn't really my dad. luckily my parents are long divorced

>Any surprises in the results?

Yeah, According to that crap I am "20%" potato/britbong and I practically live in Africa.

Bunch of filthy 56%ers in here

>Get on my level

>Whatch doin' Rabbi?
>Always dividing to conquer.
>Using the goyim to do your dirty work.

No Potato niggers here. 100% Teutonic. No mutts allowed.
occamsrazormag.wordpress.com/2015/01/16/genetics-white-americans-are-very-white/

Impressive level of dedication there

The people that claim they put african DNA in the results are just in denial that they actually have african dna and come up with that lie as an excuse

(((23andme))) is also J*wish