twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mary Jane and Valkyrie are biracial

>Jesus of Nazareth, Christ our Savior is jewish

>Thor is q fucking joke
>Ragnarok is a buddy cop movie
>Odin is on the streets of earth naked and preaching about the end days
>Romcom

>Mary Jane is black

Source? Wikipedia and IMDB doesn't have MJ listed as being one of the featured characters.

Spiderman is a bigger joke though
>mid teen drama spiderman
>Homecoming
>Pascal
>That flash
>That peter
>That MJ
>6 writers
>4 villains

The biggest spider blunder

>Black Panther is black

WHAT THE FUCK Sup Forums!?

Im fine with race/gender swapping. in the 1960's black people weren't allowed in libraries let alone putting them in comic books. In turn, pretty much every character was made to be white. No Hispanics, no asians, no indians, nothing. So, as they do adaptations its a good chance to fix what was a mistake of making their entire roster white males.

HOWEVER

MCU is not going about this in an organic way.
The black males seem like fine casting choices, the women however do not. Especially since asian and hispanic leading roles have not been given out. Im not sure exactly how to articulate it all, but they're failing, its forced, its pandering and hopefully the films won't be hurt by it.

>Uncle ben died in 9/11
>Tony X Aunt may
>Tony is the one who teaches peter about responsibility
>Black MJ
>Doc Ock steals the metal arm design from buckcucky "that is awesome dude xd"
>6 writers
>4 villains

At least it will be a fun shit show.

Civil war under performed heavy, maybe this is a sign of the end of the mcu.

Can we expect a better reboot soon?

Four villains? I thought it was just Shocker, Vulture and Tinkerer

>>Hiemdall is black
AND HE'S FUCKING AWESOME! It's Idris freaking Elba!

$1 billion doesn't sound like under-performing.

>>Mary Jane is black
Holy shit, it's literally just ONE site that reported on that.

Fuck off, Sup Forums

No one cares

It was essentially an Avengers movie

$1.1 billion and still the highest grossing film this year. I think all of Hollywood is failing recently is the cause to worry, not the MCU.

I think the biggest worry is that they are throwing all their potential movie properties into shows like Runaways, New Warriors, Ghost Rider and Squirrel Girl. It seems like Marvel is burning through material at a much more rapid pace.

And then there's fucking DC not knowing what the fuck to do.

You should take this as a sign, Sup Forums. Cape movies aren't "for you" anymore. They haven't been since Iron Man was a massive success. Now that more casuals than ever are into capeshit, companies have to appeal to as wide an audience as possible with no regard for accuracy or respect towards the original stories.

>It was essentially an Avengers movie
Okay, that doesn't explain shit though.

Here is the list of all the 2016 films grosses. Does anything strike you?

boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?view2=worldwide&yr=2016&p=.htm

Civil War is the highest grossing film this year. There is an immediate drop off near the bottom of the top 10. Movies aren't doing so well this year.

>I thought it was just Shocker, Vulture and Tinkerer

It is. just typoed.

ah yes because changing a character races affects the story

Avengers 1 and 2 did better
You'd expect Avengers 2.5 to carry the trend since it was better than 2

>BUT, here's where it gets worse

You felt the need to make a thread about it?

Again?

>movies aren't doing so well this year

Is anyone surprised? Most movies released nowadays are unwatchable garbage and endless sequels/remakes/reboots/adaptations and theaters still have the gall to charge $8-10+ a ticket to see them, and that's not even counting concessions.

>Uncle ben died in 9/11

Source?

>I care about some dude named Josh from 2000 years ago

user, this about changing the races of characters from their source material. Of course, you don't read comics, so you wouldn't know that.

There's nothing organic about changing the race of a character in an attempt to fill quotas.

co is filled with alt right racists who pretend they aren't actually racist fuckwits. Shouldn't expect much from this

>Uncle Ben died in 9/11

If that's true, then this Peter wouldn't have a single memory of him since he's only supposed to be 15, completely negating Ben's importance to his character. I doubt that even with the questionable decisions they've made so far, they would make THIS dumb a change.

I think Marvel's plan is to make it seem like they're the best at handling these properties so they can get them back from Fox and Legendary. Worked for Spider-man.

Bitch it's not even got a trailer yet calm down

Doesn't an Asian female have the most screen time out of everyone?

True, but last year, Jurassic World got 1.6 billion, Furious 7 got a billion, Minions got a billion, Avengers 2 got a billion, and so on.
And even then, Kubo and the 2 stings tanked while Suicide Squad, a film people didn't like was still making bank without even fucking China!

We are 10 movies in, I don't understand how raceswapping has fucked up the MCU. The movies that were total shit in the MCU had nothing to do with raceswaps.

Even at its worst Marvel Studios made a watchable film compared to other unwatchable superhero movies in the past.

They'll probably change it to him dying during the avengers 1 battle. Otherwise Uncle Ben would be dead when peter was like 2

Thats marvel TV not Marvel Studios. The TV side was always shit at handling their mateirals, including the netflix stuff.

>Shocker, Vulture and Tinkerer
>as if 3 isn't bad too

You forgot the other shocker

>Venom, jnr green goblin, sandman
>Rhino, green goblin, electro

Haha, can't make this shit up, a clusterfuck trilogy

You say this like it hasn't been a thing for decades. There's maybe a handful of comic movie adaptations that have been faithful and accurate to what they're based on.

Why can't they just stick to one? I doubt people are gonna want to see the film more just because it has more villains than other superhero movies. Every terrible spiderman film tries to cram in as many villains as possible and it always ends up terrible.

Yup. The second they went with Spider-Kid they fucked up.

Three villains isn't a bad thing. The problem with those two films was that the three villains had their own agendas. If they do it like
>>Shocker is Batroc, as in a villain taken out at the beginning
>>Tinkerer is a Vulture lackey who makes his shit.
Then that's fine. Does anyone seriously think Tinkerer is gonna have serious fight?

>There's nothing organic about changing the race of a character in an attempt to fill quotas.

Well I guess that means black people don't get to be in any big-budget movies for the next decade as comic books take over more and more of popular media.

I mean we just have to keep things "accurate" you know. Sorry you don't get jobs that actually pay for the next few years! It's not out fault, we get to absolve all responsibility by pretending fidelity to the source material suddenly matters more then literally everything else in adaptations of books and comics.

People who argue "I don't dislike black people, I just want comic accuracy!" are using the exact same style of argument as "I don't hate gays myself, I just have to because the Bible says so!" You're abandoning all personal responsibility by pretending a "higher power" justifies your responses.

At least own up to your own fucking opinions

writers
>I don't understand how writing credit works

Fair enough on the rest though, I hate the idea of a black MJ because being black would change her too much. This isn't a racist idea, it's actually insulting to a multicultural nation that people believe there are no differences between whites and blacks.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

KEKS!

Reboot when?

HOLY SHIT, A NEW WORD FILTER?!

C U C K S

and then there are comblr faggots like you

>Ancient One is made white
>"It's not a big deal, things change for adaptations all the time."
>White character is made black
>"WHAT THE FUCK THIS IS AN OUTRAGE THOSE FUCKING ESS JAY DUBYAS

Thanks for showing your true colors, Sup Forums.

>Comparing not liking raceswapping to being anti-gay rights
Really now?

>Ancient One is made white androgynous-looking female

Pray tell, what the actual value do black people actually add to anything? It's not like they actually care about actual black people in comics, no they want whoever's POPULAR to be THEIR skin color so they can ASSOCIATED with something.

It's pathetic and stupid. There is no reason to swap a characters race unless you're doing it for political pandering. It doesn't make the character any way better. Especially if you get someone like Idras Ilba, who doesn't even care about the character.

>Include whitewashing with the blackwashing as an equal issue
>Not that big a deal
But it's funny I saw more bitching over Ancient One than I did over Baron Mordo.

Who the fuck is Baron?

No one you know, casual.

The Operator from Serenity.

You mean Mordo?
Baron Mordo?
His first name isn't Baron. OP does know that?

But you didn't get the reference, Captain.

Will this Baron challenge Doc twice?

Oh my god! BLACK PEOPLE!?!? Jesus god why do you do this to us? I can't accept black people! This is going to ruin everything! Why aren't the police doing something about this? I'm a white man and I demand to be satisfied!

>Americans think that diversity = making everyone black Americans
>except for the Tibetan, can't have Tibetans running around when you need those Chinabux
Every time...

and yet somehow itll still manage double what SS pulled in AND have good reviews

>have good reviews
Of course. No critic would want to look like a nazi by having a sincere opinion about this bad film.

>All these sheltered white kids who've never had to experience the never ending bullshit large amounts of black people perpetuate on their communities so they don't understand why anyone doesn't want to have them thrown in their faces even more.

Just wait until Twitter tells them to burn your city to the ground and loot all the liquor and shoe stores and maybe you'll get it then.

and SS what essentially a batman movie. It had the batman and the joker

What's wrong OP, are you racist?

>praising this turd to spite DC

>And then there's fucking DC not knowing what the fuck to do.

Really? Because their universe is pretty solid so far, a fun popcorn film in SS and two great comic book movies in Man of Steel and BvS.

I don't care too much about liquor stores and shoe stores. Burn all of them

>produced by Amy Pascal
You fuckers didn't actually think it'd be good?

>Thor is q fucking joke

frogposter please leave

or use a real keyboard

So is Zendaya playing MJ after all or what?
I suppose the 'Michelle' thing is damage control because the bitch is black and talentless.
They can't back off now since they have confirmed Zendaya being in the movie and now they're in a panic mode in changing the character.

Worst part is... with Zendaya being a disney channel actress, they can't even blame it on Amy Pascal.

Sacha Baron Cohen, he's confirmed to be JJJJ
Extra J is not a typo, it's a Joke.

It's not the skin color, it's that they change the source material for the sake of diversity.
I would have been pissed off just the same if Black Panther, Luke Cage or some other originally black character in the comics, was cast as white.
I don't want to go and see a superhero movie for its diversity or lack of it, but because I like the source material which they're basing it on.

Now I don't give a flying fuck if a third-wheel character has been race-swapped, I don't like it but I don't care.
But you're making a Spider-Man film and MJ is not a redhead? We're gonna have a problem.

Certain changes with regards to the races playing different character can be defended, but not the new Flash. I mean come on.

Oh fuck off

YOU'RE the problem here, most detractors of a black MJ at least realise there is a difference between growing up as a white person and growing up as a black person. Whites and blacks ARE NOT THE SAME. THERE ARE MANY CULTURAL DIFFERENCES. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS. Equality isn't about making everybody the same, it's about respecting differences.

Making MJ black for the sake of being black is a massive insult not only to her character (who is WHITE), but also the black audiences who are being tokenised.

If by everyone you mean side characters, then yeah yeah. Op's point would be stronger if he included more race swaps from DC some of which include Hispanic and Asian swaps.

>So is Zendaya playing MJ after all or what?

Only according to baseless rumors. There's no actual statement that she's playing Mary Jane.

>Betty Brandt
>Brandt
This triggers me

But I violently hate this design.