twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Too many scenes

Over rated but still a solid film

Unironically my favorite movie.
I was so bummed Goya's Ghosts was shit

one of my top 10

The 80s song was sweet

Well, there it is.

What specifically did you like so much about it? It was a good film but I don't understand why it's so hyped.

Kino

t. woman

Terrific film, or at least it would be if it were not ruined by the plot.

The best film on resentment and jealousy ever made

>Women browsing Sup Forums
The cinematography wasn't anything special and the acting wasn't anything special. The story was engaging because of the dynamic of greatness and the envy that comes with, but that's the only good part about it. Do you have a constructive argument?

Top 3 80's film, easily.

>the acting wasn't anything special
it's like you want to not be taken seriously

It was overly melodramatic. The acting constantly took me out of the movie.

>being this much of a faggot pleb

okay, well go watch your gay art films and let us men talk about the greatest movie ever made

This and Platoon were the only good 80s best picture winners

4U
youtube.com/watch?v=hY_bQpmEBc0
still get goosebumbs

the visuals, the music, the time period, engaging story

what about The Last Emperor?

Absolute underrated masterpiece

Yeah I meant underrated

youtu.be/H5lZ4czTR4o

The first third is basically perfect scene after perfect scene, in fact it's too good to sustain, directors cut or otherwise. Basically but it's still a great film

There was nothing special about the visuals, if you think the cinematography and visuals in this are anything above average you've never seen a film with great visuals.

Stop trying to show off, no one's impressed.

Why didn't Salieri just be honest with Mozart?

>Being this retarded
Christ, how have you managed to survive this long without choking on air?

Claimed!

sure thing Salieri

In terms of traditional three-act structure its screenplay is damn near flawless. Every line and scene has a place, a function. Plot beats happen like clockwork exactly where they're supposed to. It has everything it needs to be effective and almost nothing it doesn't. It displays artistic unity in that it's thematically consistent throughout the whole film, and doesn't really meander away from its core themes or indulge in any tangents. And at the end of the day, despite being so goddamn lean, it's incredibly effective at what it goes for.

Look. There's two kinds of people that love movies. The first group are photographers and editors at heart, the second group are more about the writing.

Amadeus is a movie that is especially loved by the second group.

What shots stood out to you? Now that I'm thinking about it Amadeus seems like a film plebs use to jerk themselves off over watching an art film, so that they can feel ""deep"". What shots even stood out to you, what specific aspects of the cinematography did you like?

That's actually a fair argument, I'm a more cinematic's focused person. I think film was intended for cinematic purposes though, not for writing. I think if people enjoy writing over visual aesthetics then they would prefer /lit/ more then film.

Haha

really disgusting movie aesthetically, couldn't sit trough it again

Why would take the time to list them or explain why I liked them to you when you are going to just dismiss them out of hand to jerk yourself off?

Also
>Amadeus
>art film
I never thought of Amadeus as an art film, it is just a straight up enjoyable film.

You should explain why you liked it so I can shit on you more

>Now that I'm thinking
Why lie user? It's clear that you do no such thing.
>plebs use to jerk themselves off over watching an art film
Who the fuck considers Amadeus an 'art film'? Christ, you really are retarded.

The Queen of Aria scene.
Salieri with Mozart's music scene

what the hell... you are scm

It's a comfy movie as none.

maybe comfort to you should it means a stone bed

>You should explain why you liked it so I can shit on you more
>Hurr durr here's a contrarian opinion
>I'm shitting on u plebs lol

You're doing no such thing, user. You're just showing yourself to be suffering from some pretty severe mental deficiencies.

Amadeus was a stage play before it was a movie.

If only you knew how dumb you sound

>tfw you watch this and really heavily empathize and relate with Salieri

Any way to fix this?

It's not an art film, but from what people are saying in this thread you all seem to be hyping it up to be one.

Queen of Aria scene was solid though.
Don't know what the other scene is that you're talking about.

Its a good movie if you don't know anything about music history.

It turns to be a bit corny when you do. I still like the film for what it is though.

BASED

>How well are you trained in shitpost?

>I know a little. I shitposted in my youth.

>Where?

>Here on Sup Forums.

>Ah! Then you must know this
>"JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP"

>I can't say that I do. What is it?

>It was a very popular meme on its day. I made it.
>Here, how about this?
>"Now THIS is podracing"
>I made it.
>This one brought down the board when we shitposted it...
>"What did he mean this?"
>Well?

>I regret it is not too familiar.

>Can you recall no meme of mine?
>I was the most famous shitposter in Sup Forums.
>I made 40 memes alone.
>Here! What about this one? "IF I PULL THAT OFF WOULD YOU DIE"-

>"IT WOULD BE EXTREMELY PAINFUL, YOU'RE A BIG GUY, FOR YOU!"
>Yes, I know that! That's charming!
>I'm sorry, I didn't know you shitposted that.

>I didn't. These were the baneposters...
>Bane Posters.

>The man you accuse yourself of cucking.

Was Salieri /ourguy/?

>tfw you realize that salieri is the beta vjrgin and mozart is the Chad

it's probably the best middlebrow movie of the '80s. just compare it to some shit like gandhi or out of africa.

Not the guy you're talking to but...

This really depends on how inclusive you want to be about what you call an 'art film'.

Amadeus is certainly more highbrow than most oscar-bait, but it's not really arthouse either. Then again, there have been plenty of crowd-pleasing films that have skirted the boundaries between both worlds.

Hell, Hitchcock made a career out of that kind of shit. He could have restricted himself to art-films but he was a crowd-pleasing showman at heart.

Stop blaming Chad for your celibacy lifestyle.

Hire some hookers

Boo I usually enjoy an Amadeus thread.

Epic. Never seen this reply before.

DOOOOCTOOOOR PAAAAAAAVEEEL

Play Salieri

You're now hearing Mozart's annoying ass laugh

Be the best in the world at something you do. Or learn to live with mediocrity and don't expect greatness of yourself. Either one really.

But Salieri was a celebrated artist and still is, sure nothing like Mozart but still very famous and nothing of mediocre

Maybe I'm projecting but I don't think anyone who really wants greatness is ever satisfied with being inferior.

The masterpiece!!!

I felt like the casting for Wolfgang and his wife was kind of weird. Like their acting was fine but they looked so young and out of place with those costumes. That chick looked like she was 12 years old (from the neck up)

My dad has read over ten books about Mozart and he has listened to his entire ouvre. He says it's a work of pure character assasination.

Kek, i liked it.

incredibly over rated

Your dad is an autist.

When someone tells me that they dont like this movie they inmidiatly become Absolute tastles garbage to me, and í never ever talk about movies with them again

Nobody knows for sure how mozart died though so it is an interesting take on it exploring the life and death through the angle they chose

sure buddy