What went wrong?

What went wrong?

That it's not half as bad as people make it out to be.

The nose knows except how to act

This

Go home Fredo

1. Al Pacino didn't play Michael Corleone. He played 90s Al Pacino and barely even tried.

2. It was needless and spends 3 hours building up to Michael being in more or less the same position he was left at the end of the 2nd film.

3. It was made because Coppola needed money

4. Nepotism

The confession scene is unadultered kino
Prove me wrong

they pulled him back in.

hack director. hack andy garcia

Nothing, it's the best one, as you were told by several people the last time you started this thread.

How could he have tried? I mean, he lost his talent, clearly. He couldn't do anything like what he did back when he was an actor; drugs and whatever the fuck else is wrong with him had taken their toll. The turning point was when he came back three years after Revolution tanked, and his voice had been shredded. Had he already had his eyes fucked with? The only good performance he's given since was in Glengarry Glen Ross, where he's meant to be a hammy macho in a very verbal, macho environment. Anything he does where he has to play someone who's achieved something that requires other people's confidence fails, because all he can do is that stare into the middle distance, the weird shadow-boxing body language and the hoarse bellowing.

>Michael being in more or less the same position he was left at the end of the 2nd film.

Fucking DEAD?

I don't know much about what went on in his personal life but a lot of what you say make sense. That being said I think his performances in Scent of a Woman and Heat come across alright as well. Mainly for the same reasons you gave regarding Glengarry Glen Ross.

Pacino post-80s (or really even post-70s) is a one note actor. But when the role requires that note then he does a pretty great job for the most part.

But yeah, it doesn't work for Corleone well at all unfortunately.

I don't know much but the hints about his drug use have been pretty consistent, he physically changed quite radically in only a few years, and he has a weird attitude to his appearance, particularly obvious in recent years, which doesn't seem to fit with who he formerly was.

Heat is fun, I often find his latter-day schtick fun, taken for what it's worth. Scent of a Woman I haven't watched in full, but it seems a pretty lachrymose proposition. Playing a blind guy would justify the stare for once, I guess.

Just when he thought he was out they pulled him back in

Nothing, it's the best film of the trilogy, morally and in other respects.

I hate that bitch, she ruined The Godfather Part III and her movies suck.

Virgin Suicide had an incredibly stupid message about, well, suicide, and Lost in Translation was boring.

It hits a lot of good notes but forces us to focus on bad characters.

The incest subplot is fucking boring and weird and too experimental for a mafia movie.

The Vatican scandal is awesome. The helicopter shooting is awesome. The opera is awesome. The ending even with the clipshow is awesome.

It's not her fault that her dad indulged her desire to be a film director. Blame him. He was the one who decided to cast his untrained, ungifted daughter in a pivotal role. He was also the backer of her initial films.

The tone

It's still better than the majority of Gangster movies, but it was a rushed production nobody really wanted to do but needed because of money/contract reasons.

>Lost his family in favor of the family business
>Sits in a chair contemplating what he has done
Godfather ended with P2 fampaigabagoolsama

Not enough Joey Zaza

The first two films are pro-Mafia garbage. The third's humility redeems the whole project. Coppola was broken, Pacino was broken, Duvall was absent because he cost too much, the production values were much lower - and the result was a real film, one with a real moral center. People don't like it because they hate the idea of ethical responsibility. Pompous grandeur, epic tragedy, all that shit, they love; but being accountable on a human level, being vulnerable, makes them nervous. The first two films are disingenuous middlebrow shit. The third is an ethical film by someone who knows he's barely talented and that his life was in vain. People should watch it.

Are you high or something?
I don't think you can read between the lines at all, everything you said apart from Duvall being absent is wrong.
>the result was a real film
just fuck off

I understand if that's your reading of the movie, but to say that most people don't like it because it's too moral and makes them question themselves is just incorrect.