Will this ever be surpassed?

legacy wise in terms of the comic medium?

probably not to be honest

In terms of Influence, no way

in terms of pure quality, possibly...but it will be extremely hard, very few comics are near its level

What do you mean with legacy wise?

Already done

Unless you mean "cape comics" than probably not as "take comics serious" has already been done. What can you do? Take it extra super serious ?
In terms of "influence" probably not .

In terms of actual story telling? sure

What do you even mean by that? Pax Americana should have with showing comics dont have to be a linear story but the American comic industry is retarded and pretty set in their ways at this point.

I mean, I think Showcase #4 might have more influence that Watchmen, if I recall.

2 things"

What comic is that..

Watchmen isn't just a "cape comic"

Cerebus by Dave Sim.

Alan Moore once said that

""Cerebus, as if I need to say so, is still to comic books what Hydrogen is to the Periodic Table."

but I still wouldn't put it above Watchmen....Cerberus is more experimental, but Watchmen has a storyline that is just sheer quality and complexity

You haven't read it have you

I mean that "will watchmen be topped" in the general medium of comics? The answer is yes...cerebus is better

Will "watchmen be topped in genre of cape comics" probably not , at least in the sense of capes being taken serious

This meem is so shit. Cerebus is very long and very uneven.
Watchmen is like a perfect clock. It's small, intricate, and of the highest quality in all it's elements.

Dude only like 10 people on Sup Forums read comics.

Of course he hasn't read it. It's hard enough to find people here who have ready result available and short OGNs let alone someone who's read a 100+ issue run of a non Big-2 comic

Fuck posting on a phone
*readily available and short

Church n State> Watchmen

It's sad that no one will look at Pax Americana eyond HURR DURR MORRISON WATCHMEN REHASH

How..like mentioned earlier Cerberus is very uneven... Watchmen was the perfect length, intricate and extremely well design...

What makes Pax Americana different from Watchmen?

Being better.

No one gives a fuck about Cerberus but pretentious artistic nerds.

everyone from regular comic layman to the art nerds to the lit critics care alot for Watchmen

explain how its better than Watchmen

A work's quality is not determined by the number of people that like it

there is no objective quality...you cannot say objectively that Cerberus is better just like I can't say Watchmen is better.

I'm sorry, were you not saying Watchmen is better than Cerebus here ?

user he pointed out qualities of the work and explained why he felt they were better and handled more expertly. It depends on what qualities of a comic you feel make one better or worse by their respective quality. You yourself would have to think Watchman is a better comic to come to that conclusion based on what the other user posted. All the user said were those are the qualities, subjectively, that made Watchman a better read for himself, and then when telling you that it is impossible to assert that Cerebus is Objectively the better book, you take his subjective opinion and tell him that it was his objective assertion, when he's made no claim to that.

tl;dr Can you stop being a little smart ass cunt for the good of the board?

Whoa slow down there Hemingway, I come here to read comics, not a novel

BTFO

Not that user, but Pax Americana to me is just a little below Watchman, mostly because it copies what Watchman does best, but isn't able to actually surpass it. There are a few OH SHIT! moments that I enjoyed and felt were really well executed, but it just felt like someone making a sculpture with the same detail as David, but after David has been made.