Good Spidey Stories

Pleasant Valley is a Mental Hospital where Kingpin uses his connections to send his drugged up enemies by publicly declaring them as mentally unfit.

In this story Spidey gets shot saving a kid investigating the hospital and gets transferred there.

Holy shit it was a pretty good read. Why the heck does no one talk about this story co?

Also list your favorite Spidey story.

Do you think they will pull this synopsis for Netflix Daredevil? If they ever do a Born Again season I mean.

The Grim Hunt. I love the feeling that there's real stakes, I love the focus on Kaine and Peter, and the rest of the Spiders at the time, the art is amazing, and Both Kraven and Spidey are written at their best. This is the most underrated Spidey Story of the past decade.

I really really really loved the original Clone Saga. I've read Conway's run that started right after Lee.

He pulled out stunningly good stuff in his run.

His Death of Gwen Stacy was so so good. Harry's slow decent to madness because of his dad was fucking amazing however I really think he shined in the Clone Saga.

For a while the Jackal was basically the new big bad Pete had to face after the Goblin. He had a mysterious identity and everything as he pulled strings here and there, just like the original goblin arc. It all finally culminated in the OG Clone saga.

Jesus it was really good. We had the spidey vs spidey fight, Gwen returning from the dead, Peter struggling with the fact whether he loved Gwen, struggling with the fact whether he was a clone or the real deal, Jackals identity reveal and his creepy obsession with Gwen.

Gwen clone leaving Pete because she realized the two basically grew up to be different people. That not everyone was the same when they first meet in College. Shit had so much substance.

His epilogue was by far the best issue, it's where he tries to figure out if he was the clone but realizes he is the real deal because of MJ. He loved Gwen but eventually managed to move on from her and managed to find love once again. The clone Spidey never did that.

A shame all of this was ruined by the 90s clone saga.

I know the gauntlet is divisive af because it had some shit stories.

Which stories are really really good?

Endangered Species- featuring Rhino. Art is a bit weird but its written by Joe Kelly, one of the best Spider Writers out there.

obligatory MJ fag post

It came right after the more popular Kravens Last Hunt, which itself was medicore. So it got overshadowed by it.

Spidey never had good stories as someone like Batman or anyone in DC. Don't bother asking.

i love this story too, i own only one of the floppies tho sadly, them sienkewicz covers man, i wish nocenti did more spidey

I enjoyed Marvel Knights Spiderman and Death in the Family. Among the classic arcs some of my favorites was when Robbie was in prison with Tombstone, Normans first unmasking and Death of Gwen. Torment also creeped me out when I was younger.

>Robbie was in prison with Tombstone
Shiiit childhood flashback. That shit was intense.

Spidey never had good stories user, thats why

OG Clone saga was good too G, it just dragged in places and because it went on so long it DID have some bad shit in it too, But there were some tight as fuck stories in it. Lost Years is one of my all time favorite comic stories in general and Ben really came into his own over the coarse of his whole run. Kaine was also a top tier villain. I will agree though that it did fuck up Jackal as a character, the skeleton in the smokestack, Judas Traveler and the very end were kinda shit, but there is WAY more good to the 90s Clone Saga than people give it credit for.

it was just an annoying back an forth deciding who was and who wasn´t the clone with unsubstantial characters and cheap twists, ben pretty much carried the saga along since he was so likeable while peter was stuck in his edgy phase, but it did had some awesome stories wich i prefer to consider as their own thing rather than part of the clusterfuk the clone saga was, case in point aun may´s death and web of death were the best and ben´s run as spidey was fun when it didn´t delve in clone shit

Could you reccomend what good parts to read from the 90s clone saga?

I still remember Bruiser's death to this day. Tombstone never reached that level of scary again after getting his powers.

I'm not but I am Lost Years is outstanding, a must read IMO. Amazing #400 was one of the single best issues I've read. Pic related was a great arc, but I enjoyed pretty much all of Ben's run as Spider-Man. Ben's supporting cast at the Daily Grind coffee shop was a great addition to the books. Planet Of The Symbiotes was a fun read, though the Symbiote origin in it was retconned by shitty Bendis in his Guardians book. I can't recall all the issues, but there was a story where a gal Ben ended up dating was the daughter of the guy that shot Uncle Ben, but she held a grudge because she thought that Spider-Man had killed her dad.

A while back marvel released a bunch of thick paperbacks called The Complete Clone Saga and The Complete Ben Reilly Saga. I own them all (like 10 or 11 in total I recall) and although there are a number of misses in the collections, there are a TON of hits too. I'd highly recommend them.

>a gal Ben ended up dating was the daughter of the guy that shot Uncle Ben, but she held a grudge because she thought that Spider-Man had killed her dad.

>tfw this plotline is actually considered good

No wonder Spidey doesnt have good stories. Spiderfags have shit taste user

ASM #400
Sensational Spider-Man #0

Those two alone to me put the Clone Saga above the Chapter One era, the OMD/BND era, and the Slott era.

You mean you have shit taste.

dude, it was well written and ended rather bitter/sweet. Way better than the shit we're getting now in our Spider books.

You guys are genuinely defending Clone saga? I mean yea current spidey is shit but that doesn't make clone saga any less shit. Its still stupid under a different coat.

its kinda telling that the best spidey stories co can think of his the 90s clone saga.

Bravo co

B
R
A
V
O

7/10 bait taken, well played sir

Now go read the issues that were recommended faggot. They are good. Very good. Amazing 400 is a touchstone for storytelling and possibly one of the greatest single issues ever to be produced by Marvel.