ITT: We post our favorite non Marvel/DC comic

ITT: We post our favorite non Marvel/DC comic.

Vertigo counts as long as it doesn't exist within the DC canon.

all of hellboy and the metabarons

Oh sweet, I was going to read Metabarons but I want to read The Incal first. Can you read Metabarons without reading The Incal first?

i think you can, if you read the incal first then when you read the metabarons you learn the history of the clan ,and if you read metabarons first you get more hyped when one of them shows up in the incal
it´s a win/win scenario!

>hellboy
Been meaning to buy this, but it is 12 TPBs....

and it´s totally worth it man

Usagi Yojimbo

Corto Maltese.

>Tfw the modern continuations of both of these are complete shit outside of the art

I did and nothing suffered. they're fairly separate stories, though I'll admit that I liked MB better.

It's just so comfy

oh man the new corto is shit? bummer, the art looked cool indeed so it gave me hope, nothing could have reached the greatness of pratt tho

Yeah, the art is top notch but the writing is more akin to a Corto fanfiction written by someone whose only experience with Corto was skimming through Wikipedia. Which is a shame, because I expected more from the author of Blacksad.

i forgot he was doing it, now that´s a double dissapontment, blacksad is great

And it returns next week, yay!

I remember when my history teacher got a bunch of copies of this book for us to read for a history assignment.
I really liked it, but everyone else HATED it, saying it was dumb.

Vertigo Hellblazer.
Last I knew it existed mainly inside the Vertigoverse.

Blacksad's worst aspect is the writing though, the whole series is just cliche, overused detective novel tropes with anthropomorphic characters. Just like you weren't impressed with his Corto because you've experienced Pratt's run already anyone who's read Chandler or Hammet would feel the same about Blacksad because it's very bone dry regarding the potential possible with the genre.

Nameless powerlevel is lower in L'Incal somehow.

No one?

it really is, considering all the things he did in the ending of metabarons

Welp, way to make me want to read a comic

I read little from 2000AD, I would love to read Dredd specially. If you were so kind to spoonfeed me some links and some reading guides I would appreciate.

Has any of you read pic related? I liked the first part of the new Metabaron saga, I hope it does not let me down.

Did they explain why they thought it was dumb? Were your classmates holocaust deniers?

Every comic I've read I guess since I don't think I've ever read anything from DC/Marvel. Not into geek culture oriented comics. Never liked it as a kid either.

Most of the comics I read aren't capes so I don't have a real favorite. Since I'm sure this is a disguised rec thread, though, some good ones are:
>The Life and Times of Scrooge
>BONE
>Digger
>Beasts of Burden
>Lone Wolf and Cub

Just start with Complete Case Files #1 and go from there.

Tie between Starlight and We3. Prophet is also up there.

DUNCAN

Elmer.

If i had to pick, it would be The Metabarons

I love The Boys, even though it can be a bit edgy at times.

>a bit

Pic related, specifically Tibet.

Others are Asterix and the Laurel Wreath, and the entirety of Dragonball, but specifically Namek.

It suffered from Willingham not knowing when to end it, but the first half remains my favorite comic to this day. I would kill for someone else to take up the story.

Well it was an assignment of all things, of course most of your classmates didn't like it. It could be either a good or bad book, but if it is obligatory then you can be sure most are not going to like it.

You didn't say we could do manga... My choice is clear.

BONE, Sam and Max, and Usagi Yojimbo.
Amulet isn't too bad, either, still waiting for that new book.
This and The Magnus Bride. Anything by Junji Ito, too.

nemesis the straight up OG