do you believe khazars?

שלום エルサレムはイスラエルの土地

こんにちは日本人。ようこそイスラエルのスレ。

welcome to Israeli thread!

こんにちは

俺はカザル人です。

bump

次の年号が知りますか。

Shit, is it already purim today? what the fuck, it used to be my absolute favorite and now I didn't even notice came?
Is this what growing up feels like?

You don't get vacation days for it anymore. Same with Tu beshvat and other minor holidays

i'm not him but 次の年号 has yet to be known desu

Israel is to relevant to divide a general

I hope it will have easy kanji.

Also, I think it's kind of stupid that if the emperor chose a date to abdicate, he doesn't do it on 12月31日, so that 1〇〇時代 starts at the beginning of the year

it's mainly because of two reasons.
1. shitloads of imperial events at 年末年始
2. there's an 30th anniversary for death of Emperor Showa on January 9th in 2019.
fugging busy

t. Internet

anyway there's no decisive reasoning on the date of abdication. what's clear is that it's due to some administrative factor

how did you learn moon runes you smelly weeb

秘密です

you are テルアビブロ right?

Yes! 早稲田大学さん?

yea
youtu.be/JTShSv-95uI
テストはどうだった?

テストはもう終わったんだった
テスト「の結果」はどうだった?

カザールって元はアジア人種で日本人と同じルーツってどこかで見たけど本当?

You guys are adorable

良かったです!八十六ポイント(?)!
I look up the reading material for next semester, and the last lesson in Jap history is called "Who is the Japanese?", and the reading material is unironically a manga chapter and anime episode of fucking Umaru-chan

ノー・ホモ

アリテルホモ

>良かったです!八十六ポイント(?)!
that's fucking nice m8, on a scale from 0 to 100 right?
>I look up the reading material for next semester, and the last lesson in Jap history is called "Who is the Japanese?", and the reading material is unironically a manga chapter and anime episode of fucking Umaru-chan
c'mon man last semester i made a presentation on Black Metal in my uni, yeah obviously it's cringy, but Umaru is... EBIN :DDDDDD dunno how you'll connect Umaru with "who is the Japanese?" topic lmao

I suppose it's supposed to be about modern Showa/Heisei era Japanese culture.
>Onii-chan being a salaryman
>Umaru's two modes being an example of Honne and tatemae
>Tiny Japanese apartments I guess?
But still, I agree it's kind of ridiculous. I think Laughing Salesman, or even select scenes from Welcome to the NHK, would be better.
The TA also showed a few scenes from Saint Onii-san at the start of the semester, as an example of how Buddhism is viewed in Japanese pop-culture.

>Umaru's two modes being an example of Honne and tatemae
i'd also like to take a look at Umaru's "Middle-agedness". throughout manga and anime, there's nothing where "decadance" of a perfect high school girl is exposed, even though there have been some male equivalents of it. imho, Umaru functions as a projection of totally exhausted おっさん people and those who have weary mind like おっさん's.

" even a worn out dirty person like me can relax like Umaru! everything is allowed!"

Umaru also serves as an outlet of daily frustration, as well as a story of Honne and Tatemae.

>Saint Onii-san at the start of the semester, as an example of how Buddhism is viewed in Japanese pop-culture.
Saint oniisan is also culturally interesting. i'm not so simple as to jump to the conclusion that " co-existence of Buddha and Jesus represents Japan's culturally generous conglomeration!!!", but still the author's conception provides us for some hints to think about Japan.

would be funny if she cast some divine taboo in her work someday lmao

That's true, but might be looking too deep for a 101 class.
Next year there is a History of Anime course that I am planning to take, kek.

>History of Anime
you'll tread a thorny path of weeb...

What he showed us were a few scenes that reference specific Buddhists concepts (like Buddha starting to chant a sutra when he is afraid on a rollercoaster) as an example of Buddhism being so ingrained in Japanese culture that anyone would recognize the joke even if they aren't religious. Though it was also an example of how modern Japan doesn't really take religion seriously and can make a comedy about the Buddha

It'll be about stuff like pre-WW2 manga and Astroboy, just to scare away entry level weebs, but I think that late 19th/early 20th century Japanese culture is a really interesting topic

ah, so he showed you guys more like how Buddhism is related to us, either good or bad... Saint Oniisan tends to be discussed in the context of what i described as above, your (foreign) perspective is quite new desu.

Japan's religious indifference may be affluent in its topic desu, なんでだろマジで...? i can't answer lmao, but it's true until 1628's Amakusa rebellion there used to be a certain degree of religious influx on us. it may be PARTLY because of Japan's Close State era(1639~1855) when secularism thoroughly prevailed religious power and gradually, and permanently weakened the essential power of religion in a long run. dunno tho lmao

>late 19th/early 20th century Japanese culture
HAHAHA TOKYO MODERNE :DDD

למי אכפת?

which one of you fags is the girl that used to post in the jap general

me! Akari dayo~!

Well, he showed the scenes around the time when we learned about how Buddhism reached Japan, when the aristocracy was very religious like with the 17 point constitution of prince Shotoko, so it also kind of served as an example contrasting just how much Japan has changed over the years.

wtf why does this post have no text or image?

Too many anti-semites.

>ones have kept their religion as their sheer identification till today whilst the others gave up
the religious difference between the Japanese and the Jewish couldn't be wider in that sense lol.

also when Buddhism reached Japan it was prevalent mainly in the ruler class and it took long(11c~14c is turning point when Buddhism spread among the people, Kaga Rebellion in 1485 was the first attempt to rebel against a ruler, BOUNDED by religious core. so it means it took quite long for religion to spread since 6c's arrival of Buddhism) for Buddhism to ingrown in Japanese mentality. anyway glad you know about Japanese history desu. stick to it!
really?

The thing is, Judaism is viewed as a very active thing. It's weird for secular Jews like me to learn that almost every Japanese person goes to shrines and stuff like that, even if they are total atheists. I celebrate religious holidays because it's a family thing, but I don't actually do any religious ritual by myself because I'm a fedora. I think that's one of the most unique things about Shintoism and Japanese Buddhism.

BTW, what do average Japanese people think about the hardcore Shinto cults/sects? Do they view them as members of the same religion, only much more radical, or as something separate and even heretical? I know Japanese law defines them as new religions (新宗教), but it seems many of them are weird new age interpretation of traditional Japanese theology.

>what do average Japanese people think about the hardcore Shinto cults/sects?
they aren't a thing in Japan, at least among ordinary people like me. i used to take them a joke with my classmates a lot lmao. However some of them are connected with conservative politicians and political movement, and generally claim their nationalistic arguments. Nihon Kaigi, the biggest shaddy political lobby group shit is derived from Shinto/Buddhism sects. even Abe is a member of it, ew.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nippon_Kaigi
>Do they view them as members of the same religion, only much more radical, or as something separate and even heretical?
other than some handful big ones (Souka Gakkai, Happy Science, blah blah)basically they don't argue they are independent of Shintoism mainstream i bet. like, their ritual way and other customs may be more or less different, but their dogma is the same as the mainstream prob. also they like to build funnily huge architecture and the style follows traditional Shintoism or Buddhism ones. PL Kyodan is one of exceptions and their architecture is bullshit. en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PL_Kyodan

>I know Japanese law defines them as new religions (新宗教), but it seems many of them are weird new age interpretation of traditional Japanese theology.
新宗教 doesn't consist only of radical sects of Shintoism, but also of those of Buddhism and even Christianity.

Souka Gakkai, the biggest 新宗教 is kinda exception because of its scale. it's derived from another big Buddhism sect 日蓮宗(Nichiren-shu, derived from 13c), but today Souka Gakkai is so big that it's generally considered different religion from Buddhism.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soka_Gakkai

btw their flag is Romania lol

oh Happy Science's founder identifies himself as YHWH, Jesus and Buddha.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Science
Happy Science is also so big that no one thinks it as a sect of Buddhism, but as totally new origin.

if you are interested in 新宗教, first check SKG Souka Gakkai and Happy Science. they are the biggest two in Japan.

this is PL Kyodan's architecture. literally heap of bullshit lmao.

it looks like if you put the eiffel tower in a microwave

It looks like someone found a big ass shell in the ocean and thought "hey, I should carve some windows into that".
Remember when this thread was about Israel?

2bh i like New Religions' autistic architectures.
>Remember when this thread was about Israel?
pic related

good night it's 5:24am in Japan

oyasumi, user!