Are you exited?

RAVEN #1

Written by: Marv Wolfman
Art & cover by: Alisson Borges

Other urls found in this thread:

comicvine.gamespot.com/dc-special-raven/4050-20830/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes, I am certainly excited for her next emo series written by the same old man as the last one.

i know, so am i, thats why i made the thread

She looks like she has a cold.

Also, a Raven solo book sounds like a bad idea. There's just not enough to work with without making a bunch of shit up.

Man she looks ugly.

>first time in her own emo book

>written by Marv Wolfman
No thanks

Hear me out. What if we made a storyline that focused on her relationship with Trigon and how she deal with that?

It's a fresh new take that I think could really work. I've also got an idea for Cyborg where he feels ostracized because of his robot body it's a metaphor for racism

>It's a Raven goes to high school episode

>Raven gets raped by her father
>she likes it

>Red nose
Pass

Is this her emo new series?

>There's just not enough to work with without making a bunch of shit up.
That's... how writing non-A list characters usually works user
You have to create new lore/mythos for them unless you feel like repeating storylines that were done before.

That can't be real.

What Raven needs is one of those 90s Vertigo revamp where you put a brit on it and tell them to wrote something witchy.

Wolfman is old

she needs a tissue or something

Really, no. I'm not overly excited about any of DC's upcoming minis, I hope they turn out better than I expect.

I'd be ok with a Young Animal Raven title that did just that tho I don't think DC does it how of respect for Wolfman and also they don't care about her beyond taking a pot on TT.

It is absolutely real.

comicvine.gamespot.com/dc-special-raven/4050-20830/

starfire's dcyou solo was actually fun

will she ever get another one?

Deadman should be interesting and I expect MiddyxApollo to be good

I'm not touching this Raven mini though

If a character has done so little that you need to make shit up for them, you shouldn't give a character a solo book in the first place.

>my dream of a Raven/Starfire team up series will never happen

Especially now that they've de-aged Raven again but left Starfire still twenty something.

>Deadman should be interesting
I know nothing about the writer and I would've preferred a less realistic looking artwork. my dream pick would've been Teddy Kristiansen, but I would've been fine with Scott Hampton too. I really hope it's good, but...I'm not overly hopeful.

>and I expect MiddyxApollo to be good
I liked the first half of Midnighter a lot more than the second half. And I also think Apollo is bland as fuck. The art will be better than in Midnighter at least. Please deliver Orlando-kun.

That's retarded, especially considering books like Animal Man or Blue beetle.

That's retard logic, user.

>you shouldn't take a gamble and try to expand on preexisting yet underutilized characters and create new and exciting stories, hopefully building up a brand new fanbase that isn't just in it for the Supermen and Batmen, and will be interested in exploring the universe further
Shit thinking like this is what gets us ten different Batman titles, coupled with five Batman movies and two TV shows.

t. Batfag
End your life please.

>world building is stupid
Like what the fuck user?

That's how stories are made, idiot.

That's how fanfics are made.

Worldbuilding and making shit up are two very different things.

Are they tho?

Where do you think ideas, character development, and stories come form

It's solicitation didn't mentioned Trigon so it's automatically the best thing ravens been in for years

There's still a few more issues to solicit user

Well this didn't have Trigon either and it was the worst.

>Hear me out. What if we made a storyline that focused on her relationship with Trigon and how she deal with that?

>tfw this is precisely what this comic run of Raven is likely gonna deal with.

Goddammit all, I'd like to support it, but I'm really skeptical that it's gonna be anything fresh. Raven's biggest shtick is that she's Trigon's daughter and that she's practically his herald daughter and has to deal with it.

It also doesn't help that Supergirl's dealing with her villainous father right now.

But that means you just get stuck with the same old characters instead of making new ones. Every character has stuff just made up about them when they were made

Fanfic are stories, usually not very well written but stories nonetheless.

Ayy

Yes.

They are created at the conception of a series. if not, then the series suffers from blandness. If you want to make spin-offs, it's you're own fault for not establishing stuff beforehand.

Let me hope

That's all comics are you dipshit, professional fanfic

n-no, the batman trades on my shelf are high art, not fanfic 40 year old fans got paid to write

You're being utterly ridiculous user. Made up shit is the cornerstone of DC universe.
>Kryptonite
>the speed force
>The Red and Green elementals

With long running comic characters it's a bit different. People have different takes on characters and plenty to add to their story. If a character is a blank slate it's the perfect playground for a good writer

Made up shit is all of comcis, its fiction

Made up shit is the cornerstone of fucking fiction

it's an imaginary story, but then again aren't they all

Are you trying to make a point? Because all that stuff has led to nothing but bad stories and stagnation for their respective series.

>People have different takes on characters and plenty to add to their story.
Said takes are invalid due to the character becoming unfocused and inconsistent.

here's a (You)

yes but i'd rather she was younger

Made up was a poor choice of words but I mean the speed force wasn't established when the flash was premiered or the red with Animal man.

>They are created at the conception of a series
This is the conception of a series. A series about Raven

Raven is a previously established character, and thus it is best to utilize her previously established elements. Work with what you have, is what I'm saying.

Oh wait, she doesn't have any previously established elements beyond her daddy issues and crying every five minutes. It's almost like giving her a solo book is a terrible idea.

What you suggesting is the complete death of creativity. That's literally what you're advocating here user, that writers shouldn't bring new or original to these characters.

Are you new to comics or something?

This is the Vixen user, I remember him from the CW seed threads.

Teen Titans works better with Cyborg, Beast Boy, and Raven together.

They kinda all are losing themselves to something (Cyborg is becoming more machine, Beast Boy becoming more and more instinct based, and Raven an actual demon) and their friendship is them fighting against it.

They're mind, body, and soul of the Titans. Or maybe I'm being a Good Witch of the South with this shit. But they work better as young adults dealing with internal issues together rather than a Hipster, a scapegoat for Johns, and a scene girl.

Made up isn't a poor choice of words, that's what it is, anything new to a character is made up, sometimes it's good, sometimes its bad

>original
Originality is a lie, nothing new exists. That's even thermodynamics. Nothing can be created nor destroyed. Be it matter, energy, or ideas.

Creativity is merely the arrangement of elements in a way that looks like you're not directly ripping anything off.

Are you? Raven has had decades to acquire elements separate from her daddy issues, and she has failed. It's too late for her, making this solo series a waste of paper and ink.

teen titans doesn't work at all past 1986

Because nobody tried, which is what you're advocating.
>Don't try to build this character up, they should already have everything from the get go.

he's baiting ignore him

>>Don't try to build this character up, they should already have everything from the get go.
Honestly? That is exactly what I'm saying. Goodness forbid characters and stories be thought out ahead of time. What you're advocating is making it up as you go along, which never results in a good story.

welcome to cap comics retard

>Apollo is bland as fuck

This.

I never got the appeal other than he is Midnighter's boyfriend.

This is the most fucking retarded post I've seen in ages.

Then Superman shouldn't fly
Then Wonder Woman shouldn't have her golden lasso
Then Batman shouldn't have robon or any of his rogues gallery

>Wolfman writing Raven vs. Triton again
>Jurgens writing Death and Return of Superman again
>Conway writing PeterxMJ shipping again
>Bendis/Maleev writing Jessica Jones again
What the fuck is going on? Why not get Paul Levitz to deboot the Legion again and Claremont back as the main writer for the X-men.

Because evidently the Big 2's idea of nostalgia pandering is to get the same fucking creators to rehash stories they've already told decades ago.

>Then Wonder Woman shouldn't have her golden lasso
She had that from the beginning, dumbass.

>this is exactly what I'm daying
No what you're saying is that you don't know how a shared universe works. Different writers work on these characters throughout the years they always add something new.

>Why not get Paul Levitz to deboot the Legion again
At a panel Levitz was there among other writers and Didio said one writer at that table was going to write LoSH soon.

Soooooooo it's possible.

You're missing the point.

Then what's the point? Explain it to me like I'm autistic.

Matter can be created and destroyed you dip, mass is just energy, energy can't be destroyed, only transformed.

Except for the hugely popular animated series.

The comic was doomed when DC decided to turn the Titans into Young Justice.

You mean the other way around, Young Justice was doomed when DC decided to turn them into Titans

is this her own emo series

I'm cautiously optimistic. I just want a Gotham Academy type mini series, but with Raven's personality rather than Olive and Maps. Is that so much to ask for?

Olive is basically a better version of Raven anyway, just read Gotham Academy

Finally!

If only there was some means of creating new ideas...

I've probably been binging too much on Vertigo's occult-based series, but I feel the character has some potential if viewed through that lens.

Which won't happen anytime soon, if ever, but a man can dream.

>are you exited?

No, I wasn't going anywhere.

Adding new stuff to a shared universe only serves to alienate the readers due to the sudden unfamiliarity presented.

There's no such thing as a new idea, as I've explained.
>"There is nothing new under the sun."
Even the dirt farming primitives of ancient times understood this.

bait or the cancer killing comics

Do you think your little picture books are real? It's all made up you stupid fucking retard. I want the autists to be quarantined.

Both franchises and the associated characters were pretty much royally fucked over by the 2003 reshuffling. The Outsiders were too, desu. Why does no one care about the Outsiders?

Most occult/magic charcetrs have potential for a Vertigo series under an actually good writer. But it wasn't such a successful concept in the 90s either so no way they're bringing it back now that they're trying to bank on the fact that comic book buyers are retarded event hungry shitheads.

Whelp, the Teen Titans animation predicted it. Thus did they de-age Raven so she could be Damien's love interest.

>Marv Wolfman

Abandon all hope.

Whats the solicit

>There's no such thing as a new idea

How about Raven DOESN'T deal with Trigon and gets a series where she interacts with different characters? Holy fuck, did I just create a new idea? Who'd have thought there'd be unexplored avenues for a character who's only ever had one brief solo run?

>Adding new stuff to a shared universe only serves to alienate the readers due to the sudden unfamiliarity presented.
>Despite the fact DC constantly reboots itself every so often

You are one of the most profoundly stupid posters I've ever seen on Sup Forums. You're too dense to even realize you first point contradicts your second point.

>a series where she interacts with different characters
Has anybody managed to work out why she was not on the justice league dark yet.
They moved cyborg and starfire to difrent teams but raven had to stay.

>it's a raven origin story that end after she defeat her dad and gets cancelled
you know it's coming.

Fuck knows. It seems to be Raven's curse that all her friends get to grow up and move on while she's eternally a kid.

She and Beast boy both.

there needs to be a book where they team up and save he universe behind the curtain, that powerwanks the hell out of them

Raven was supposed to be in RHatO. Essence is her knockoff.

Thats the only theory i could come up with if they moved raven beast boy would be the only one of the 4 left so he would have to be moved or it would just seem wierd.

Problem is he would have to end up on the doom patrol who did not get an ongoing meaning they would not be able to bring in any beast boy money.

Well i doubt the jld would care about ravens age john especialy knows just how powerful children can be.