So one thing I never understood

So one thing I never understood

If Joffrey was an incest baby (along with Tommen), wouldn't they be retarded?

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/women/mother-tongue/4014743/Warning-over-births-to-first-cousin-marriages.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

didn't he look like he had a touch of the downs tho?

>children of incest are retarded

Yes, dilute your blood goyim, it is good for the baby!

((they)) have their tendrils really deep in you, don't ((they))

>Falling for the "incest babies are mutants" meme
It takes generations user. The idea that siblings will produce fucked up kids is just a fairy tale made up to keep dudes from fucking their sisters.

Not necessarily. Inbreeding just means there's a higher chance of your kid being a retard/mutant than with unrelated couples, but it's not a guarantee

Nah not necessarily. I don't really know much about genetics but iirc there's just a greater chance of incestuous children having issues, and that chance increases exponentially if you're incestuous over successive generations. It's not a guaranteed thing though.

I took biology for a few years and IIRC it's about a 1% increase in likelihood of birth defects for children of siblings, but that increases quickly if successive generations keep inbreeding.
With cousins the difference in risk compared to unrelated people is negligible. There's a reason a lot of cultures don't care if cousins marry/have kids.

yea, i got that vibe aswell

He was 25% inbred, so it just increased the risks slightly

wtf i want to fuck my sister now

You can't bring a blanket term into genetics like that, without having their families health history you actually have no idea how much of a percentage increase

It increases the chances, but with a first generation incest baby the chances are still negligible. Even Cersei and Jaime being the children of a cousin fucker isn't enough to drastically exasperate the risk. The Targs are only noted for incest-induced mental illness because they spent generations having sister wives to keep their bloodline pure.

Still, it's a little ironic Cersei invoked the saying about the gods flipping a coin every time a Targ is born when the incestuous Lannister family is so full of basketcases. Joffrey and Viserys were not unalike.

>implying he wasn't

>With cousins the difference in risk compared to unrelated people is negligible. There's a reason a lot of cultures don't care if cousins marry/have kids.
depends. if you're talking victorian england where it's accepted but not done as default and therefore makes up a small minority, it's largely negligible. if it's the majority it will cause issues
telegraph.co.uk/women/mother-tongue/4014743/Warning-over-births-to-first-cousin-marriages.html

are you implying he wasnt?

Hundreds of centuries of Targaryen inbreds and you're just worried about ol' Joff?

downs syndrome is binary though, either you have it or you don't, cant have "a touch"

Incest increases the chance of birth defects by a fair amount, but it's not 100%.

Also
>implying Joffrey wasn't retarded
>implying he didn't have multiple personality disorders

what does 25% inbred even mean?

Myrcella and Tommen were fine.
Joffrey was like that because he wanted to imitate Bobby B. Cersei loved him because she thought he'd turn out like Jaime and she looked like him (in a certain light).

He was fucked up in the head in a pyshopathic way.

>It takes generations user
One generation is enough. Children from an incestuous union would be taking a huge risk at the genetic lottery playing the same game as their parents.

The mad king lusted for Joanna Lannister, and surposedly had his way with her atleast once.
Rapey rapey.

So one or two of the three Lannisters might be half Targaryen.

Cersei and Jaime (twins)
or Tyrion

It would explains Cersei's madness.

Or why Tyrion was born a dwarf (inbred genes from the king wreaking havoc) also it would further explain why his father didn't like him.
And why the dragons allowed him to get close to free them.

wtf me too?!?!

Literally wrong.

>being this stupid
I'm so glad I'm not you op