Why did they give him buck teef?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zr32uXnxM24
slashfilm.com/it-set-visit-andy-muschietti-interview/2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bugs bunny and his cut away skits were a big influence on the design and mannerism's

CUTE

He's got googly eyes now too

I'M A FIRE STARTER

TWISTED FIRE STARTER

Because buck theet it can be both cute and charming, while also disgusting, like a rat

it's silly and childlike and it makes the actor drool and spit and drench the children

absolutely cute

Someone post pictures of scary clones. I wanna be spooked

this one just looks offended

Such an original joke.

Curry was the only reason that 90s miniseries was saved.

why the fuck did they cast a nobody

I dunno why people are so nostalgic for that TV movie. Curry was really the only redeeming thing about it, plus it was a super loose and condensed adaptation.

what is this expression tryna convey>?

Because it doesn't really matter when you're hiding behind a pound of makeup anyway.

There was an IT preview before Annabelle 2, from leddit

It starts off Georgie leaving the house with the boat, where he waves at Bill. Bill tells him to be safe or something similar through a walkie talkie from his room.
Anyways, we see the whole scene instead of just a small snippet of Bill running down the street, we also see him also running in an over the head/top view, boat in water. He dodges the first thingo, but then smacks his head on the second one which causes him to stop and then lose the boat as he cannot run fast enough, and then the boat falls into the drain.
From there on we see Pennywise, it's similar to the miniseries at first, Pennywise asks Georgie if he wants his boat and stuff back, and then Georgie brings up the fact he's a stranger so he's like "Oh, well Pennywise meet Georgie, and Georgie meet Pennywise."
From there on, the dialogue becomes similar to the book, Georgie asks why he's down in the drain, and IT says the storm blew him and the whole circus away. Then lists off all the things the circus has, and then he says it has Georgie's favourite, which Georgie exclaims "Popcorn?!". There's a whole bunch of tension, then Pennywise won't stop laughing going "POP POP POP POP", and then Georgie starts giggling and joins in too. It feels really light-hearted and comical, so anybody thinking that Bill Skarsgard's IT doesn't look or feel like it could seem super friendly and harmless. In this scene he does, he comes across as super friendly, Georgie's laughing and he is too, but then there's a whole tonal shift, Pennywise suddenly goes dead quiet, just staring into nowhere, and then Georgie stops laughing, scared he asks if he can leave, and Pennywise stops him - and says something along the lines of "Don't you want your boat?" And then Georgie reaches in to grab it, and then the scene cuts, and that's the end of the footage.

>"My feet hurt, this shoot is taking way too long, I wish I was in my trailer smoking a cigarette"

The costume designer wrote an article about how a lot of the new Pennywise is supposed to hint at its true arachnoid nature. The bulbous head resembles an abdomen, the lines on the face sort of evoke chelicerae, and the buck teeth are like the fangs, but the article mostly focused on the costume itself.

It's probably wasted on this movie though.

If you can somehow find this and show us I would be super grateful cos that sounds awesome

Interesting, considering he apparently won't be shown in his spider form according to the director.

I wonder if he'll be Lovecraftian instead.

Well he is canonically an eldritch thing from space. I don't think they're going to go into too much detail this first movie which means the second (if they make it) will have a bit more lore. I hope so anyways.

bedroom eyes
also this

Yeah, I know, and the novel explains that a spider is the closest thing that a human mind can comprehend his true form as.

Prequel with Turtle/IT banter when

looks better than the original, even if it looks like he's 'trying' to look intimidating

>It's probably wasted on this movie though.
They don't have the budget for the spider in this part, it's also probably a creative decision too.

We know the deadlights are in this movie though so the spider could be saved for the sequel. I hope it's like Shelob from LOTR

I really hope they play up the cosmic horror aspect of the story more in the remake. Lovecraft has become a lot more popular and understood lately, so I think people would really appreciate it.

That doesn't really make sense. Pennywise isn't even really a "spider". That's just how a viewer's brain would make sense of him in that form.

I like the victorian-era style going on with the design. I can appreciate Curry's getup, but the new one feels like more thought went into it beyond picking up a costume from Party City

He looks like he's giggling here.

Oh unhappy.

Wasn't he pregnant in the book?

idk man the lighting seems all wrong. Lighting is too dark during his first appearance in the drain (the book explains he is joyous then) and pic related seems too bright

i watched it last week. thought the first part was really good.

the second part with the adults is boring as fuck. couldn't wait for it to be over.

bby ur eyes, what're you looking at??

>they actually had him have yellow glowing eyes just like in the book
okay this is good

He's got silver eyes and blue eyes on occasion too, right?

they're both pretty creepy.
i'm surprised they were able to pull it off so well in 1990.
the spider is hilariously shitty looking though.

I only remember the novel stating him having yellow glowing eyes.

btw the only bit in the trailer which actually spooked me was when the woman in photo changes to be It. Hopefully movie has more creepy scenes like this and they get rid of the scene with It screaming in basement.

I do hope the movie shows all about the house where the Africans used to live until white supremacists I think burnt it down and didn't It supposedly make an appearance then? I forgot but there were other times I think in the past that It makes an appearance.

You mean the Black Spot? That is going to be in the movie I believe.

Also what're you talking about, soggy screaming basement baby is great.

>Running Time: 135 minutes
hmmm I hope this is long enough. I know it will be split in 2 parts and they will have a sequel with all the kids as adults but hopefully a lot of the backstory of the town is present in this one

>soggy screaming basement baby is great.
It never acts like that in the novel. The novel creeped me out with the way they described it

>Very far away in distance as one of the main character's sees It
>Suddenly main character cannot move
>It slowly is walking closer and closer
>When It is so close to touching character, character can suddenly move again as he/she tries to run away and escape
This is what It was good at. Fooling around with his prey

Is "that" scene in?

Someone posted on here that they changed "that" to be just all the kids hugging one another or embracing each other but who knows

Do you really think they're going to include that? I mean I know it's rated R but that shit would not bode well with anyone who wasn't a huge fan of the book

What they could do is re-work that scene to play out during part 2 when they are all adults

I don't even think big fans of the book cared much for that part.

>fooling around with his prey
ugh stop user that's rlly hot

It wouldn't make sense. The point of the kid orgy was Stephen King's coked out mind trying to tie sex into the whole "loss of innocence" arc of of the kid story. Wouldn't make sense for it to happen to adults.

>it never acts like that
Not at first. There's plenty of moments where it throws a fucking tantrum and swooces back into the sewer because the kids got away or threw shit in its face it wasn't prepared for.

Pennywise a lazy.

>"Sometimes I worry about you Bevvy... Sometimes I worry about you a lot!"

>It wouldn't make sense.
If they re-write it it will

>none of the characters can give birth as adults
>when in sewers one of them has an idea that since they are back with It, maybe they can all try to impregnate Beverly due to some idea that that will weaken It

this makes me hype

This drawing makes him scarier. Maybe because he doesn't look like a man in clown make up here

Well the sorta bad 3D kinda evokes the uncanny valley a bit.

This is true, his hammy acting is the only thing that could make King's writing worth sitting through. At least I assume, I've never seen it.

>cosmic horror
the fuck does that mean

It's super corny. Granted, they didn't have much to work with in a short span of time and pushing the envelope in the 90s was as easy as adding a little blood. Since it aired on TV they were kinda tied down.

fuck now I guess I gotta go see that stupid movie

youtube.com/watch?v=zr32uXnxM24

So, how does he lure children in when he always looks creepy?

He's an ancient evil unimaginable being from outside the universe?

He makes children freeze as they can't move and then he transforms into their worst fears (giant cockroach, spider, whatever the child is most afraid of). He doesn't just stay as a clown

he doesnt lure kids. in none of the book did he lure anyone. he chases and antagonizes to salt the meat with fear. the only time it really happens is with georgie and thats cuz the kid was so young he didn't stop to think 'this is weird'

>Georgie asks why he's down in the drain, and IT says the storm blew him and the whole circus away. Then lists off all the things the circus has, and then he says it has Georgie's favourite, which Georgie exclaims "Popcorn?!". There's a whole bunch of tension, then Pennywise won't stop laughing going "POP POP POP POP", and then Georgie starts giggling and joins in too.
Kino

On cue. Let me just end it here before people take the bait: he doesn't lure children, except Gerogie. All of his forms exist to envoke fear in his victims.

easily one of the best scenes. Along with KISS ME FAT BOY.

Wrong actor

Annabelle 2 is horrorkino apparently

>the music

>when people piss u the f*ck off!!

what makes you say that

>he

SHE

imagine keeping a straight face through all this

IT*

based froggo saved another movie

shut the fuck up you pedo

Not him, but what do you mean, why is he a pedo?

>that shit would not bode well with anyone who wasn't a huge fan of the book
Even fans of the book think that part was unnecessary.

What makes this so creepy is how silly the whole thing is. Like if you don't know that it's an evil killer clown it's just laughable goofball stuff.
But knowing what it is, makes it disturbing, because you know it could just turn on you at any moment.

I'm autistic

black spot exactly is not in the movie apprently, but they are doing something similar. seems like mike's parents are dead in the movie, probably in a fire similar to the black spot.

>Can we talk about The Black Spot [a key location from the original novel]? Is that what you’re referencing? Because Barbara mentioned like opening the next movie with that would be pretty awesome, and I tend to agree.

>The next one is a little warped, in the story. The ones who are going to die in a fire in this adaptation are Mike’s parents. And this tragic event is directly in relation with his fear, which is a traumatic image of his parents dying. And he witnessed this as a baby, and it’s an image that’s in his head, and comes back when Pennywise basically incarnates and this image, which is white, abstract, it’s not a monster, it’s just an image. It’s terrifying
slashfilm.com/it-set-visit-andy-muschietti-interview/2/

What's that expression supposed to convey?

Did he leave the oven on?

Bump

holy kek

Cocaine affects people in weird ways

Branpedos moved on to the kid from Stranger Things as their primary object of homosexual pedolust

>Curry was the only reason that 90s miniseries was saved.

I will say the first half is really good, while the last half is really bad.

When IT remains as a child story on 50´s, the film feels stong, but adult segment make feel the whole thing dumb.

>first half good
I agree 100%. I think they started running out of money and time when it came to the adult segments.

thats Henry Cavill in two years!

OH WAH AH AH AH

I don't see anything you mentioned, what are you even talking about?

you might get raped

>I will say the first half is really good
Before attempting to rewatch IT I sat through comfy Halloween Goosebumps/AYAOTD streams with my Sup Forums buddies. IT is like a boring, less scary version of those shows. Nothing about the kid half is good. Everything about it sucks. The circus music makes it even worse. You can't call it good let alone really good. I raged quit when I got to the rock war. It would be fun drunkenly watching it in a stream while bantering but I'd never mistake IT as good. I think those horror shows I named are bad too.

>Goosebumps/AYAOTD

That shows pretty much was born from movies like IT / Stand by Me. The whole concept of a bunch of suburban kids against some obscure force is a very 80´s topic.

>tfw to intelligent

I like it
i hate try hard shit, i really like things that are tamer, more subtle and stay in your face but look "real" and arent drowned in cgi

IIRC his eyes change color from glowing yellow/orange to blue

There is no such thing as try hard. That's just you projecting your self on to someone else

So when i say a design is tryhard and covered in cgi it means my design is tryhard and im covered in cgi?
Are you retarded by any chance?

>le clowns are scary meme
I don't get this.