Sup Sup Forumsmrades. I recently discovered The Shadow from his old 1930's radio series and I love the character so far...

Sup Sup Forumsmrades. I recently discovered The Shadow from his old 1930's radio series and I love the character so far. I haven't read any of his comics yet but i'm really debating on collecting his series. Do any you guys have a suggestion on where I should start?
Also Shadow General I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nzd6F4i5Zog
youtube.com/watch?v=LgU_TwMZgYA
youtube.com/watch?v=W6ihwNrvHxY
youtube.com/watch?v=Km4U2Ozv6ao
dialbforblog.com/archives/390/
otrrlibrary.org/OTRRLib/Library Files/S Series/Shadow, The/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ignore the movie it's trash. However it's also the only even remotely cheap way to find shadow merch so it was great at the time. If you want the radio serial, start here for the spooky season.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nzd6F4i5Zog

The movie was alright, but it was kinda lackluster. It had a pretty cool soundtrack, though.

Dope, I didn't realize there was a halloween special. Have you read any of the recent comics lately? I know Dynamite had the rights for a while, not sure if they still do. I picked up Blood & Judgement the other day but i haven't finished it. I'm curious about the 70's DC series as well. Not sure where to find those online

There was a DC-prodiced series in the 80s. They replaced his M1911 Longslides with fucking MAC-10s

I tried listening to the radio program for a while. I got bored of it because The Shadow never had any real problems. It's the same problems as Superman.

Wait WHAT?? Mac-10s? Isn't that an "uzi"

They look almost identical, but there's a major difference between a MAC-10 / 11 and an Uzi.

These plus the Grendel vs. The Shadow crossover and anything else written by Matt Wagner.

Were they the Orson Welles episodes? I didn't find the stories a problem, but he did such a great job that I wouldn't have cared. The guys who took over after him were trash.

Check these videos out. Razor highly recommends the pulps to start with.
youtube.com/watch?v=LgU_TwMZgYA
youtube.com/watch?v=W6ihwNrvHxY

That's retarded, the shadow would never use an Uzi. It's too similar to Nazi
Thanks! Might take a while for me to get my hands on this stuff. I looked through three different comic stores near my neighborhood and I only found one Graphic Novel. Why isn't The Shadow more popular?

Becoming a Shadow proxy is pretty much the best thing about Fallout 4

>It's too similar to Nazi

The fuck do you mean?

Tell me more.
I was not too keen on fallout 4 but now i am.

youtube.com/watch?v=Km4U2Ozv6ao

The first time I heard of the Shadow was playing this game on an emulator. Its a pretty good beat em up.

There's a mission where you meet a ghoul who was a big fan of a radio play character called the Silver Shroud, and he broadcasts the old shows over the radio - they're actual radio play deals you can listen to. Yadda yadda, things happen, you can go to a comic store and find the outfit and the gun, and then you can go and pretend to be a fictional fictional character and kill evildoers.

I haven't found a way to save him without breaking character yet though

Looks like i am getting Fallout 4 next steam sale then.

Cmon man
>nazi
>azi
>uzi
It's all too similar..

Motherfucker, please. The Uzi originated in Israel (i.e. it's a JEW gun). And what do Nazis hate more than the Jews?

MORE Jews. That's what.

Hahaha excellent point
I really wanna get two nickle plated 1911's just so i can cosplay as this guy. Too bad i could never bring them to Comic-Con.

Interesting stuff! Do you think the plagiarism claims are true? If so, that is a very irritating fact to know that the most popular and celebrated Superhero of modern times is a fucking rip-off!

I would definitely think so since there's so many similarities. Check this link to know more about it.
dialbforblog.com/archives/390/

Make sure that the handgrips are ivory.

Wow, poor Bill Finger. Can't believe I never heard of him before. Man, that Bob Kane guy is a huge Jew ain't he? I wanna travel back in time and kick his ass.

The Shadow in it's day was accused of plagiarizing a lot of murder mystery and crime stories, mostly during it's middle years.

As well, Batman went through a lot of changes in it's first 2 years, by the end of which the two characters are pretty distinctly their own animals.

The only case of plagiarizing that has any real weight is the first issue of Detective comics, which had several scenes lifted almost word for word from a Shadow story.

Yeah, it's so sad what happened to Bill but at least now DC gives him his well deserved credit.

If it's any consolation Jim Steranko bitch slapped Bob Kane one time.

Plus he's dead.

Hahaha that does make me feel better. Bitch slapping is underrated.

Yeah that's probably true. I mean in some ways similarities are inevitable and even "heavy influence" is perfectly acceptable, but Bob Kane's action seem fuckin deplorable. I'm the kind of guy who finds it hard to separate artists from their work and after learning things like this, it makes it hard to enjoy their work again.

Didn't Ennis' write a Shadow series for Dynamite?

It's actually Bill Finger who lifted from the Shadow though; Steranko reported this in his History of Comics.

And if is right about:
>The Shadow in it's day was accused of plagiarizing a lot of murder mystery and crime stories, mostly during it's middle years.
then it's honestly not much of a surprise; a lot of people lift from stuff. You can look at Philip Wylie's Gladiator to see what elements made it into Superman. And yet even then Batman became something far more removed from The Shadow, Superman became far more removed from Hugo Danner, and so on.

He did, it was okay but kind of departed far from what the character could do.

Yeah but what makes it especially heinous, is that Bob Kane is remembered for creating one of the most iconic characters of all time and it came from him stealing the credit from a writer who stole ideas from another writer. I get this sort of thing isn't uncommon but i can't help but look at 's picture and not find it irritatingly disingenuous. Ja feel?

It was mediocre.

Jim Steranko bitch slapping Bob Kane is probably my favorite comics legend.

The movie is worth it for Tim Curry alone, but that's no shock.

If you like the radio series might I suggest this:

otrrlibrary.org/OTRRLib/Library Files/S Series/Shadow, The/

This will provide (relatively) recently (re)discovered Shadow episodes.

Orson Welles:
He Died at Twelve
The Old People
Professor X
The Voice of the Trumpet
The Reincarnation of Michael
The Mark of the Bat
The Black Buddha
The Witch Drums
Revenge on the Shadow
Hospital Murders
The Mine Hunters

Bill Johnstone:
Fountain of Death
Murder by Rescue

You might have them but just in case you don't...

Glorious Steranko.

And reading his own pulp too. No wonder he always knows who the villain is.

I think this is the only other Steranko I have on hand. Most of the covers I have are George Rozen's.