I feel weird, I think I have lost all interest in the MCU. Maybe I have lost my way, please give me a reason to care...

I feel weird, I think I have lost all interest in the MCU. Maybe I have lost my way, please give me a reason to care, or discuss amongst yourselves why or why not I should care.

No.

/thread.

Care to elaborate?

Sure, see

If you've lost interest in it then that's perfectly fine. Just because you used to like something doesn't mean you always have to like something, and better to just drop it while your interest is waning instead of forcing yourself to keep watching something you don't like and inevitably just turning into yet another one of the Sup Forums shitposters who insist on bitching about them non-stop while simultaneously watching every single one.

Then if for whatever reason you want to see whatever new MCU movie just came out or MCU show just dropped a new season, go for it. If you don't care then you don't care. Just move on. If down the line you feel yourself start to care again well then great. If not, then good for you.

Now fuck off.

Thnx m80. How do I come out to my friends about how I think these are boring as fuck?

But that's the same answer as before. My inquiry for a more in depth discussion remains standing.

i've lost interest in movies as a whole. as a format.
that said, if i had friends to go to the movies with, i'd probably have seen all the cape movies. maybe. and if they were on tv, I'd probably see them. and now that I'm getting cable back, I probably will see them. I liked the last one I saw.. that was uh.. winter soldier. since then everything i've heard has been a lotta good with a side of a lotta bad. government-oppression-aligned tony, buncha bullshit drama, characters dying who shouldnt..

Just don't be a douche about it? Which from the sounds of it would be pretty difficult given your apparent inability to think for yourself, strength of your own convictions, and the fact that you think you need to "come out to your friends."

If they ask you to go see Dr. Strange or Spider-man: Homecoming or get together to watch Luke Cage, just say that you'll pass. If they want to know why, just say that you're not really interested in it. There's no reason you have to rush off to your friends and go "These movies you enjoy suck and here's why!" That just makes you a tool. No one's going to care if YOU don't like something as long as you don't try to pull down other people's enjoyment too. So let them like what they like, and if they try and drag you along against your wishes, just say "no, I'm good, go along without me. I'm going to stay home and shitpost all alone on Sup Forums tonight."

Again, who fucking cares, you colossal loser.

>friends
See I declined your request.

>now that I'm getting cable back
>wasting money on cable
Fucking why?

I feel like you're mad. Why is that? I have not done anything or said anything to offend you have I?

Yeah you're right about the friends thing. Its mostly my online friends Im worried about.

I stopped after Iron Man 3. Only one i watched after that one was TWS.
AMA

That was the end point for me actually.

It's all samey, commercial, populist crap. The only good MCU movies are the Cap movies.
Dumb general audiences like Iron Man purely because it's a cool-guy wish fulfillment power fantasy. It has no actual depth or quality.
The rest isn't even worth remarking on. I suppose about 50% of Ant Man is decent.

You don't have to say anything beyond "I'm not interested." My friends don't pester me to go to Marvel movies or watch the Netflix schlock and I only had to say I wasn't interested once.

Did you like TWS?

He spelled out what he didn't like about what you said. Your question about how to "come out" about this was basically asking us to tell you how to act like an ass. He also didn't like that you're begging others to tell you your opinion. He's angry because you're acting pathetic.

I remember after Suicide Squad people in the theater said "man, marvel went to shit, I'm not watching another superhero movie again". Maybe overexposure of the gender?

At the moment I'm invested until we're done with Thanos.

I feel exactly the same way. I feel like even with the better new MCU films, they've abandoned the entire reason I liked them: They felt like their own movies, even when they connected, and the source material was important regardless of changes to streamline the film's. They felt like movies, not production line films.

The last MCU movie I saw was Ultron. That was literally the straw that broke the camel's back.

You'll get back into it when Luke Cage comes out or when Doctor Strange gets closer.

>Its mostly my online friends Im worried about

It's alright, user. I've lost interest in the MCU as well. Largely because I feel like it's basically the same old, same old and it's been going on for 8 years already. Which is fine, I just focus on other things I enjoy.

>Acting
What happens if that's just me? Like through and through.

Haha that was a pretty bad movie. I can't believe Marvel put that out there.

I've said it before but it feels kind of like the new 52 in a way, that attempt to build history from nothing and just kind of failing at doing it in a compelling way. Civil War kind of cemented that it was never going to be what I wanted. The writers just assume I'm supposed to care about this conflict between Cap and Iron Man when nothing in their working relationship resonates because we've seen only 2 adventures with them together.

But in the end it doesn't matter. Watch the movies or don't. Entertainment is just something we do to distract us between working and sleeping. Find something for you. You don't have to watch this series or any other series in particular.

it was really weird hearing people say that, I guess they don't make any difference between companies in big blockbuster in the hero-gender.

>gender
Not to be rude, but if you're ESL, it's genre.

If you're not ESL:
Dumb mobileposter

Did you just assume zeir genre?

No, and I don't speak German.

Why the fuck are you lying about your taste anyway

Are you really so much of a beta that you're scared someone will think negatively of you because you don't like a movie

I've been starting to feel the same way, but I think it's because we're starting to feel burned out. I mean, we get movies twice a year, and Agents of SHIELD as well as Netflix shows. The excitement of seeing comic stuff translate to screen has become more references to the stuff already in the film, like namedropping Iron Man or the Avengers. That and we've got the lineup announced really early, and we're slowly getting through it.
Dr. Strange looks okay, but it feels off. I mean, the Ancient One ain't Tibetan, Baron Mordo is a good guy, and it looks like more dimensional stuff instead of the MAGIC of Dr. Strange. We haven't seen anything of GOTG 2 yet, and Spider-Man is the sixth Spider-Man film we're getting within this decade and a half, and it feels like we're going to point A again. It also doesn't help that everything is just building to Infinity Wars which makes a lot of this stuff feel superfluous.
I think what went wrong is that it's no longer the easy stepping block method of telling the MCU's story. Instead of being "Here are each trilogy and they all tie together in an Avengers film", it's "Here are the movies, here are the ABC shows, here are the Netflix shows. They mush everything together". I mean, Planet Hulk is gonna be a small part of Thor Ragonorok. Everything just feels busted now.
And DC isn't doing it any better. In 2 films, they already killed Superman and used up Doomsday, Robin was already killed, and we're supposed to like Harley even though she was an accomplish in his death? Or how fucked their schedule is? Which films are coming out? Why do they keep announcing more and more films?

I really hate it because I went from getting super excited about the MCU, but now I find it getting very complicated and mishandled with how many properties are being divided up among shows. Blame it on my Aspergers, but I liked it more when they were just films.

I'm in the same boat, it's getting to crazy. Although, one redeeming thing is the potential Punisher series on NetFlix.

>Dumb general audiences like Iron Man purely because it's a cool-guy wish fulfillment power fantasy. It has no actual depth or quality.

They like his character. His movies (outside of the first one and the fight scene at the end of 2) are widely acknowledged as mediocre.

Which is really funny how they wasted so much time on the Punisher in DD Season 2 if they were just gonna give him his own show. Yes, the Punisher was the best part of the DD show, but now it's kind of hard to start a Punisher show when you gave closure on his origins in another show. I don't know, again, it's getting muddy

Yeah hopefully they don't go to full potato. I mean I guess they could do something from Punisher:Born. However, I feel like MCU would be to soft with something like that. They already made Castle a little too pansy for me.