There are no words

There are no words.

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/comic-book-legends-revealed-190/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

*poot*

Is that little black child watching the racist white police officers shoot his dad?

At least is made doom cry. Because we all know how much he loved new york.

I think it's the 9/11 issue

Having real life events in superhero comics like this always feel stupid to me. I mean it would have been easier if it wasn't for the fact NYC is home to some heroes who could have easily stopped this. Also in a world where lunatics are always trying to bomb or gas locations in America and succeeding sometimes makes 9/11 look like trivial shit in comparison.

Is it true 9/11 never happened in DC universe?

I hope not because Superman, Green Lantern even fuckin Batman could solve that in 2 seconds

I see 3 text panels right fucking there.

Hell Waller would have had the SS on it weeks ahead.

Even worse, an entire goddamned city got nuked.

It didn't happen in post-Crisis, but it didn't happen in New 52. In the New 52, there were no active superheroes until the late-00s, so there weren't any around when 9/11 happened.

Originally it didn't happen. In current new 52 history none of the heroes were active to prevent it so technically it could have happened but I don't know if anything has referenced it.

>People defend this run

>Also in a world where lunatics are always trying to bomb or gas locations in America and succeeding sometimes makes 9/11 look like trivial shit in comparison.

Has Marvel had a "Civilians dying in a lot" event since Fear Itself?

Common confusion. That was actually a doombot.

Remember when we used to just be afraid of being beaten up by the cops? Now it sounds better than a bullet in the chest.

Funnily enough, this issue isn't actually canon anymore because of the sliding timescale. FF #1 happened ~14 years ago in-universe, so Spider-man and most of the people that showed up in the issue wouldn't have been active at the time.

One of the worst parts of that issue is where someone is screaming at Spider-man asking why he didn't stop it. What a joke.

>In current new 52 history none of the heroes were active to prevent it

Christ I feel old.

Even Bats wasn't active based upon the new continuity 10 year standard.

That's quite the commitment to realism on Doom's part.

>These robots need tear ducts! Tear ducts! So says Doom!

So how did Marvel explain it happening in a city full of super powered heroes?

>I don't know if anything has referenced it
Simon Baz/Green Lantern's origin is explicitly tied to 9/11.

What a shitty first day for your career that would be. You throw on your super hero costume and suddenly the towers are hit.

It was never canon in the first place.

Wait, why is a kid even near the disaster site? Wasn't the world trade center entirely a high end business district? And the attacks took place on a school day?

I get the tragedy pulling narrative, but it doesn't make sense that a kid that age would even be in the area.

You've never been to NYC have you

Basically that they didn't expect it.

The devastation spread outwards. The whole downtown area was basically covered with smoke, debris and fire. Remember several other building collapsed due to falling debris damage and fire.

Also, multiple school systems are close by and many immediately cancelled classes and sent the kids home.

It's entirely possible that one of the kids went looking for his dad at his workplace.

Isn't Marvel Comics based in New York?

I can kind of understand why they'd feel like it would be an important event and that they'd need to do something to acknowledge it.

But you are right, it's the sort of thing that should absolutely have been resolved before it even happened. At the very fucking least, SHIELD should have caught it.

>Wait, why is a kid even near the disaster site? Wasn't the world trade center entirely a high end business district? And the attacks took place on a school day?

It was on a Tuesday so yeah a school day, however TWC had a shopping Mall under it and not to mention Tourism, so there are plenty opportunity for a young kid to be there. In fact there were plenty.

Negro children have no supervision whatsoever and wander cities like packs of feral dogs.

The sliding timescale means events happened in longer years. For example the events of a entire decade now took place in a single really long year. So works Marvel time. It doesn't mean old stuff never happened. This issue is still non cannon tho, Doom crying? Seriously?

The good ol days.

My guess is it happened for the same reasons as in real life. Nobody considered the idea of planes being hijacked and rammed into important buildings. Any heroes that could have stopped it were too busy looking out for Dr Doom or something.

No.

A lot of nigger kids skipping school?

Yeah. They're to afraid to go since cracker kids keep shooting them up.

>There are no words.
There are no words.

Go back to /pol or reddit.

Don't forget to tip your fedora on the way back to the vase shop neckbeard/cuck.

*vape XD

Actually he never cried, at least accordingly to both Romita and Sctraczynski.
cbr.com/comic-book-legends-revealed-190/
>tfw the readers love Doom so much they boycotted a comic destined to help the 9/11 families
Fuck America. LONG LIVE DOOM!

There are no words.

"we".......

Yes, because it was good and the best Spider-Man have been in years. Also better than anything we have now.
A couple of bad arcs doesn't undo that.

I agree.
JMS is probably my favorite Spidey author. It's a shame how his run ended.

I'm more of a Sternfag, but JMS did a stellar job, especially with the character dynamics.

Good taste.

I still have that issue...wonder if it's worth anything 15 years later.

Also dat sad villians part. I cry evertim.