You have to like at least one of these films. There's over thirty of them

You have to like at least one of these films. There's over thirty of them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WIUAC03YMlA
youtu.be/rxuodY-c0yU
youtu.be/oTItRfN-LO8
youtube.com/watch?v=dAjPR8cL34Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

everything that isnt the 1998 dogshit and the hannah barbera cartoon is enjoyable to some extent

I can name maybe 6, and have only seen the Jean Reno one. Are any of them actually legitimately good, or only enjoyable in the way I enjoy Gamera?

Why was the new American one so fat

Liked the one with Bathra and Mothra but I've seen it in 1995 and I was like seven years old.

thicczilla is healthy at every size

someone post the chart

No.

The original and Shin Goji are legitimately good. The rest are enjoyable.
Anyone remember the name of the movie where Godzilla was an amalgamation of all the dead souls of hiroshima and nagasaki?

>hannah barbera cartoon
Is it really that bad?

Godzilla vs Hedorah
I mean, I love it, but it's a mess of a film. It's not good to introduce people too. Also...

>Ghidorah the Three-Headed Monster
>Flawed
You fucking what

whilst I appreciate this, there was another Zilla chart in mind.

i had it in my folder, too, til tech fannied it up

So we all agree that Destroyah is the strongest Kaiju and wrecked Godzilla

Fannied it up? What

>Kino

Gojira
Shin Godzilla

>Good films

vs Mothra
Ghidorah
Hedorah
vs Mechagodzilla
Biollante
Destroyah
GMK
Against Mechagodzilla

>Decent

Raids Again
Astro Monster
Son of Godzilla
Destroy All Monsters
Terror of Mechagodzilla
vs King Ghidorah
Godzilla 2000
Tokyo SOS

>Turn your brain off

Final Wars

>Shit

Rest

Where's Godzilla 2000 on there?
He has my favorite design.

Yes chest-anus is a big guy for Goji. Monster X still a best.

> Godzilla vs Hedorah
It works in a End of Evangelion sort of way. More about the experience. Yet understandably divisive.
And sure if you hyper focus on a single element it comes up a little short. Though altogether it clicks.

>Fannied it up? What

Basically fucked it up, spazzed out etc etc

> Return of Godzilla
> Vs Destoroyah
> Against MechaGodzilla
> Good
Nope

Don't be a showafag

I'm not. Just calling out mediocre flicks. Don't care for Terror of MechaGodzilla or King Kong vs Godzilla either if it makes you feel better.

I mean, if you say so, but imagine trying to show someone the appeal of Godzilla through showing them Hedorah first. That person would probably be alienated -- moreso than if they saw Shin Godzilla.

>our goddzira ten and harf meter bigger better than stupid whitu pigu

Watch GMK, it's from the same director who made 90s Gameras and has a similar vibe to it.

Shit now you made me remember King Kong

I like the newest Japan Godzilla

and some of the old ones I watched when I was younger

all the western Godzilla were shit though

No one said Hedorah had to be first. There are other movies on that chart. And Shin Godzilla has proven to be one of the more accessible movies. Only a vocal minority of Western Godzilla fans had any serious problems with it.

Those are mostly furries that love fights and ERP on Sup Forums

My favorite Ishiro Honda movie is unironically Dogora.

I applaud you

>all the western Godzilla were shit though
It's true

Even though 2014 is worse?

cultural appropriation

youtu.be/WIUAC03YMlA

The only old thing to come from Murdericks godzila

>The only old thing to come from Murdericks godzila
youtu.be/rxuodY-c0yU

>implying destoroyh is good

It's probably the laziest movie in the series. Godzilla is sloppily matted behind buildings and crowds in the foreground don't even react to him. all of the characters don't go anywhere, optical effects aren't drawn half the time and sparks go off for no reason, there's literally Bandai toys used for some the monster effects. Destoroyah was torn apart by critics in Japan, and it deserved it.

I stand corrected, the only 2 good things to come from it

Dogora has some nice cinematography, and the white dude alongside the gangster lady (played by Akiko Wakabayashi) are pretty cool but it's not that special.

Gamera would kick Godzilla's ass.

Best designs are '54 and '16 fight me.

>Akiko Wakabayashi

This is wrong.
I clearly remember the song being
"Up from the depths,
thirty stories high.
Breathing fire, his head in the sky: GODZILLA! GODZILLA! GODZILLA!..."

They even had it in the animated adaptation
youtu.be/oTItRfN-LO8

So depending on if they are using low, standard, high or vaulted stories. That limits it to the range of 73.15 to 91.44 meters. Because apparently architects can't standardize their standards very well.

Which means only the 1984 version is an acceptable hight, as all other are too short or too tall.

So the audience can relate to it.

Why wouldn't they work together?

why does the new japanese one have pathetic manlet arms

>Godzilla is sloppily matted behind buildings and crowds in the foreground don't even react to him.

thicc

Anybody have a link to Godzilla 1954?

I'd like to imagine that it's just become so common for giant monsters to fuck shit up that it's become normal. Like, specifically in this: . Imagine some guy has gone on a business trip from the US to Japan, and that's the first thing he sees at the airport and everyone just looks at him like "Jesus dude, it's just a normal night, what's wrong?"

What happened to blockbuster films having this synergy with big music labels?

The only film from the past 5 years I can remember that really leaned on the music is Suicide Squad.

youtube.com/watch?v=dAjPR8cL34Q
first 12 seconds are great
>tfw sitting in class and looking at the clock knowing godzilla was on at that moment

No, it's the official scaling. HAnnah Barbara only used the height of thirty stories high because americans thought that's how tall Godzilla was (thanks to the Americanization of King of the Monsters where they stated Godzilla as being thirty stories high). The animated intro is just that -- an animated intro. If we're going to judge official scaling by that, then that'd make Zilla Jr. from the animated series bigger than the bridge Zilla Sr. died on in 1998.

Godzilla is as big as the story says he is, and those depictions are accurate to what has been stated. Visually, I don't know how tall they'd all look in com[parison, but the point is that the Animated series by Hannah Barbara ain't trust-worthy as his own size varied in the show itself (one second shows him holding the Calico above his head with both arms only to literally cut to the boat being so small it's in the palm of his hand).

Godzila does not have a set size and hasn't since 1991 as that's when his ssized changed because of getting even more iradiated from a nuclear sub. Ever since after 1995, Godzilla's size has varied in the millennium films (typically being through 40-60 meters) until 2004's final wars where he was purposely made to be back at 100 meters.

Then 2014 comes along and says they're going to make Godzilla 355 feet tall (108 meters) to which Shin Godzilla says "W-we can go bigger!" And does so. Now the next GOdzilla film coming to nextflix as a CGI Anime will have him be even bigger (perhaps 20,000 feet or something as ridiculous as he has been left to evolve). BAsically, Godzilla's height is slowly becoming each production trying to say they have the biggest dick -- but replace dick with Godzilla.

So no. Godzilla is not 30 stories. Except he was, once. But he's not. Unless he is.

>Then 2014 comes along and says they're going to make Godzilla 355 feet tall (108 meters) to which Shin Godzilla says "W-we can go bigger!"

This cracked me up so hard when I saw then announce this.

Invasion of the Astro-Monster is criminally underrated.

>Then 2014 comes along and says they're going to make Godzilla 355 feet tall (108 meters) to which Shin Godzilla says "W-we can go bigger!" And does so. Now the next GOdzilla film coming to nextflix as a CGI Anime will have him be even bigger (perhaps 20,000 feet or something as ridiculous as he has been left to evolve). BAsically, Godzilla's height is slowly becoming each production trying to say they have the biggest dick -- but replace dick with Godzilla.
The funny thing is even though 2014 Godzilla was the biggest size yet when that movie came out it didn't really feel like it while watching. There were hardly any shots with him to really emphasize his scale. You can claim Godzilla is as big as you want but it doesn't mean shit if you don't properly show it.

TheAmericans tried to make it as life like as possible so they made the upper body just as thick as the legs. It also adds to the intimadation factor as it looks like a sick hybrid between a T-Rex, Spinosaurous, and Alligator.

Japzilla was mostly in it's cave living an Otaku lifestyle.
CanadaZilla would only attack countries that weren't marxist and who wouldn't let in 3rd male refugees.
BritishZilla's teeth was too rotten and kept getting gang banged by King Kongs.

>BritishZilla's teeth was too rotten and kept getting gang banged by King Kongs.
Hey, what Gorgo does is none of your business.

10/10 post

This. It's one of the best Godzilla movies. Great characters and some of the most exciting monster in the series. Inb4 seven second dance = terrible movie.

Would American Godzilla (2014) defeat Drogon from Game of Thrones? What about Balerion?

I was looking more at the the thighs on shin Godzilla

Almost undoubtedly. I mean GoT Dragons are superweapons as far as Westeros goes but Godzilla can take nuclear weapons.

It'd basically be a few minutes of ineffective strafing until Godzilla managed to grab them, bite them, shoot them down, or smash them with his tail.

Was this scene kino?

Which film had the best monster fight scenes?

I like most of the ones I've seen except for the ones that were made in the mid 70's that seemed to be made for 4 year olds.

>except for the ones that were made in the mid 70's that seemed to be made for 4 year olds
Minus maybe Godzilla vs Hedorah and Terror of MechaGodzilla, children were the target audience for the output between 1969-1975 and these films were produced on a minuscule budget due to the borderline death of the Japanese film industry at the time.

>tfw the original suit guy died a couple days ago

If you like the campier fight scenes probably Destroy All Monsters/Terror of Mechagodzilla.
If you like more serious fights then G vs MechaG 2, vs Destroyah, 2014.

FYI The 90s Gamera trilogy btfo the entire Godzilla franchise fight scene-wise.

Yeah the original cut of Terror of MG had nudity and a major character's suicide so yeah not for kids.
The Americans wouldn't tolerate such so they made the human related ending to terror near unintelligible.

>Destroy All Monsters
>best fight scene
Was it really? Let's be honest. Like an idiot King Ghidorah landed in a field of monsters (when Godzilla and Rodan can take him alone), got knocked down, and stomped into the dirt.

place your bets

Gozilla vs Megalon is absolute kinography

He's not fat he's a strong boy

>legion

That's Irys retard.

Mfw

*raises paw*

i unironically enjoyed the 1998 one

I did in my youth

You're thinking about Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack.

> Godzilla was an amalgamation of all the dead souls of hiroshima and nagasaki
it was the souls of everyone who died in the Pacific Theatre

>You have to like at least one of these films.
Heisei Godzilla 1984-1995.

same

WE CAN BE HEEEEEEEEROES
JUST FOR ONE DAY

It's the only one that can actually support itself

It's a plenty damn decent monster movie and a poor-ish Godzilla adaption.
The Sub battle is phenomenal, the score is utterly beautiful.
Reno is great. The CGI for the babies sucks but for the Adult holds up shockingly ok.
Opening credits is great.
Yes a little too much time is spent on the romance stuff but I really genuinely don't think the blonde reporter is even half as bad as people say. I think the cast is actually quite good IMO.

It's actually a respectable film until Godzilla arrives. Afterwards the comedy is cranked up to eleven and it becomes a Jurassic Park knockoff.

Godzilla 2014 has a similar collapse after it introduces its title character. While Godzilla 1998 has ironic appreciation value, G14's second act is an endurance test and its third act doesn't exactly compensate for the dull mess it follows.