8 + 5 = 10 + 3

Easy.

You REEEE you lose?

You rage you lose, same thing basically

I don't understand.

it is time to rage boys

denmark exists?
DELETE THIS

Is this seriously what they teach in the USA?
This is a fucking joke right?

I see what they are trying to do but it's still stupid.

I'm going to use this rage to force out a shit, will be back soon lads

Burgers trying to teach their children what others do automatically after they learn basic math operations.

What the fuckk?? If this was my kind I would beat him so hard he would forget his own name.

I thought they were mimicking japanese/Chinese style teaching

I AM TIRED OF THIS STUPID FUCKING MATH BULLSHIT

FUCK

That's not math, that's just tricking people with stupid word play.

It seems to me like they are trying to make a simple math problem convoluted.

What is the purpose? This is not teaching anyone anything.

Trick questions in math? THE FUCK!

That's so cool.

DELET THIS

B-but hungary we are supposed to be allies.

literal fucking retards MUH THATS NOT HOW I WAS TAUGHT
KIDS THESE DAYS AMIRITE

theyre teaching mental math rather than lol MEMORIZE IT
I was taught the same way you retards were but i do math in my head exactly the way that problem is trying to teach

t. math phd canidate

I'm more bothered by that french tumor tbqh.
They should have given that part to Switzerland instead.

This is an 18+ board.

stop posting the you mental child

>teacher hands out tests
>you stumble to this question
>you don't know what the teacher wants from you, as the math problem can be interpreted in more than one way
>this type of question was also never used in teacher's lessons
>whatcouldpossiblygowrong.png
>B+
yeah, sure seems fair and progressive lmao

>this type of question was also never used in teacher's lessons
it most likely was

if it wasn't then I agree it's stupid

>American education.

At least pretend to be a functioning autist, would you?

Gee... even homeless people know better.

Good luck.

Math phd canidate

>muh mental math

Good luck with that fucktard enjoy failing in college because you cannot just give an answer you have to show how you got to the answer.

you rage you lose user, not YLYL

keked

Kek

>tldr
What a fag. Way to ruin the post.

Why the fuck would that guy want anything to be better? Just look at how great his life is already.

XXI century left in a picture

Closest thing I have to cringe in my folders.

Tl;dr: Massive tard gets called out by /vp/ for being a massive faggot, and he never learns from his mistakes.

eee...Can someone explain this shit?

If you are making a physics problem and the result gives you 8+5, then it's 8+5

Try to say it's 10, and you will blow everything up.

That enrages me, user. I put myself in that kid's shoes...
It's frustrating.

>t. math phd canidate
Judging off your post, no, you really aren't.
t. actual math phd candidate

>it most likely was
If it was then it is still stupid.

That's how they teach mental math in America? Why is there even a need for that shit. We learned it on our own just by having to solve shit without pen and paper. Why the fuck do you need to teach something that comes naturally to children.

>she had actually been having sex with her boyfriend and was scared the news would reach us.
How does accusing your brother in law of abusing you help with that???

The first problem is just some stupid shit, a tricky question. The second is just to check if you know how much dimes and pennies are worth.

it makes sense you retards. They teaching how to count.

>We are the party who cares about the poor
>Haha stupid gross homeless people support Trump

what's hard about explaining why 4 dimes are more than 30 pennies?

wtf lol

Autists reign supreme. The problem with the question is in PURE MATH when you have 8 and 5 you're never going to get to 10. In the real world (presumably what they're trying to teach here) you can hand someone an $8 bill and a $5 bill and they will give you change for the $10 item you are purchasing.

Activate your autism and prove me wrong, genuises.

The first problem is just horseshit wordplay trying to make the kid think the problem through rather than telling the teacher "this question makes no sense :((((("

Given the kids writing, I would assume he's young though so maybe the question could have been worded better for someone his age.
Eg: You have 8 and 5. How do you make 10? You may add or subtract and numbers you want.

Still, 8+5 is 8+5. Mathematics are a language aplicable to the real world, on physics, for example.

Can you imagine a turbine designer taking 8+5 as 10 at some point of the design?

He obviously didn't go on the internet a buy that hat, so it means a Trump supporter took their own hat off and give it to a homeless guy in need.

>That's how they teach mental math in America? Why is there even a need for that shit. We learned it on our own just by having to solve shit without pen and paper. Why the fuck do you need to teach something that comes naturally to children.

Most blacks here are incapable of making that mental jump. You can teach them the steps and processes to solve a problem, but 90% fail to grasp the underlying theory that explains WHY those processes work. If you understand the theory, figuring out how to do it on your own is pretty easy. A the average redguard understands that 2x6=12, he does not understand why 2x6=12.

The whole point of the common core mathematical lessons is to fake teaching the 'why' to underperforming students.

>Father fucks up his son
>Tries to fix it
>Doesn't fix it

Jesus christ, now this makes me feel bad. The father needs to consider moving with his son to another town.

the teacher is just straight up retarded

look the kid is probably taught that when you add 8 and 5, first you have to make 10, and then add the remainder.
they're asking him to do the step of making 10

but I do agree it's stupid

This is a 1984 thing.

What they are teaching him is that 8+5 can be 10, somehow.

The question should be, in any case: Add 8+5 and then make 10

kids these days have no respect

When you perform mental math usually the first thing your brain does is simplify the parts of the problem by getting one of them to a convinient ending number, usually the one with "0". This way it's much easier for you to perform math operations.
The problem is, to a normal person it comes naturally after learning basic math, while burgers turn it into some convoluted tricky math stuff that HAS to be learned separately.

where is this?

Don't worry ma nigga, I included a tl;dr.

The question is stupid as fuck. Nobody does that and probably a lot of children didn't get it. The argument is that it is formulated like shit. The argument isn't that it has no real life application, which might as well be the case since a retard wrote it.

>your brain does is simplify the parts of the problem by getting one of them to a convinient ending number

Actually, I do that consciously. It's not a thing my brain does automatically.

But I don't see how that problem helps with that.

>an $8 bill
excuse me?

This. I lost the number of times I argued with my professors over poorly made questions that could be interpreted in several ways. Worse, I had a question like that when I took my high school math national exam. I answered it both ways, wasting a lot of time. Turned out, both conflicting interpretations were considered to be correct. ffs

>mental facility math
maybe

shit, son, 30 years ago I was in third or fourth grade, we were being tested on fractions and such, and a question came up on a test that was something like "if you divide one cake by ten children, how many tenths of cake will each child get". The answer was, obviously, one, but since the rest of my class answered "0.1", the teacher graded my answer as wrong and everyone else's as correct; and adamantly refused to correct her mistake even when it was pointed out to her in private.

Then we get to hear on TV about how shitty our students' math performance is; well go figure, with the caliber of teacher we're hiring, no shit...

>romaneseuntdomos.jpg

Scored by the laws of equality and social justice. Very progressive!

Looks like République statue in Paris. Saw the aftermath of this irl, pretty depressing.

8+5-3=10
-3+8+5=10

??????????

taking 2 from 5? surely that leaves you a 3 and not a 2????????

that's not adding 5 to 8 retard

Burgers didn't make it that way, Ty-reachfodastars and his sister La'royalewithcheese did with their shitty grades.

Pretty sure he just added 8 and 5.

The original image says "tell how to make 10" when adding 8+5. Its pretty clear that "make 10" has a specific definition here that we aren't seeing. The idea is to first add up to 10 (in your head), because 10 is always easy. Then, add whats left.

So I start with 8, then add 2 to get to 10. Since I added 2 out of a possible 5, I have 3 left to add. I get 13.

Really, this is an intuitive way to think and this is the way many people add numbers in their head.

I know it's "hurr durr common core" but some explain it slowly to me

5-2 added to the 8 = 10 then it's 13 i understand but why is that the answer?

it could also be 8 turned into 1's and 5 of them added to the 5 plus the 3 others

or it turned into 2's and the same

i feel like i'm missing something here

No you try to place sanctions against us and try to force us to take invaders, fuck you I'm waiting for world war 3 so I can pull a Dresden 2.0 but on your whole country this time.

The intuitive way is 3*4+1.

>"Make 10 with 8 and 5"
>Means: "split the 2 from 5 (for some reason) and add it to 8, and then add 3 because that's definitely 10 and not 13."

What kind of baby back bullshit is this!?

the way she wrote the explanation is retarded and confusing. you can see why so many parents want this out of schools

common core in and of itself is way too complicated to be teaching to 1st graders.

they could express the same concept by saying something like "you have 13 blocks, write an equation that equals 10"

He didn't even believe his own fucking son. That piece of shit disgusts me.

There are myriad ways you can add 8 and 5, or any two numbers. The point is that multiples of 10 are (somewhat arbitrarily) easy to work with.

Lets say I want to add 77+42. I can add 23 to the 77 to get me to 100. Whats left to add? Well, its 42-23=19. So I should get 119. This is all well and good, unless you need to repeat the technique to figure out 42-23.

It's no use Britbro. The big government shits have turned a simple children's math problem into another one of their useless riddles. At least 10 doesn't have some new race or gender identity to worry about this time.

"Make 10 with 8 and 5"

Means "write 8+5 as 10 + some other mumber". Thats the definition.

who came up with this shit in the first place and then who thought it was a good idea to actually replace traditional math with it?

And then those tolerant and progressive Redditors mocked and ridiculed a homeless man while believing that they are morally superior.

8+5=3+5+5=3+10=13
What kind of weirdo think this should be teached in a school is another question.

It's not morally acceptable to take 2 from 5 which is the smaller and weaker number than 8.
What's worse, not only do you take these 2 from 5 but you give them to 8, which is a bigger number, therefore making the weak weaker and the strong stronger.
The poor poorer and the rich richer, right?
How did that pass the liberal censorship of today's american education is completely beyond me.

The right answer should obviously subtract 1 from 5 and you have a 4, which is not very bad at times like this, and 2 from 8 since 8 is a bigger number and can afford to give a little more, and you have a 6, so now then 4 + 6 = 10 and there's your answer, and you pocket that 1 + 2 when no one's looking.

That's not what the sign says

I'll be right back. I'm about to make some reddittors comfortable.

What's really amazing is that you yell "to arms" if somebody wants to switch you to SI+Celsius but pull off this kind of shit and accept it.

>American """education"""

Is this how Mexicans become intellectuals?

It literally means make the number 10 using a formula with the sum 8+5, It reads no other way than that to me...

and the explanation from the teacher lmao, some Mickey mouse shit senpai

This is both beautiful and sad..

yes it is

This orgininated after the terrorist attacks on Charlie Hebdo and later in Paris, as a sign of defiance, mostly. It got a bit out of hand because the government tolerated it, but last week or two weeks ago, the government cleaned it again and it stopped.