BASED BROLIN

BASED BROLIN

I feel bad for anyone who unironically liked avatar

Good. Avatar was never good. And I say that as a huge James Cameron fan.

and ironically?

He turned down Avatar in order to play that capeshit cyborg man? kek worst career decision in Hollywood history.

He would've been trapped filming the same movie for a year or more

the worst career decision would be sitting around for 10 years waiting for a lame sci fi movie

It's fine to ironically like bad movies

it was spectacular in theaters. i wouldn't purchase it for home viewing, but riding down a cliff on the back of a fuckin pterodactyl was exhilarating

It was shit. I recall being dumbfounded how some plebs could go see it multiple times and claim it as some kind of masterpiece. Truly capeshit-tier bandwagoning, where suddenly everyone is a "nerd" who likes superheroes.

instead he chose capeshit

cameron has officially disappeared up in own asshole as of the abyss. and apparently he was a cunt to work with even before that

>avatar
>not capeshit

Can't argue with results.

Has james lost his mind? Why the fuck does avatar deserve another 4 movies? Why is the sequel essentially a decade after the first? Why is the antagonist going to be the same antagonist for all four movies?

This all sounds like a fucking disaster

It was all p bad. Cringe thinking back to that movie

>apparently he was a cunt to work with even before that
"It’s hard to think of any contemporary director with a greater reputation for egomania than James Cameron. Of course, the director who can beat his own record for highest-grossing movie of all time can probably afford to be a little full of himself, but Cameron’s well-known for pushing people’s buttons. He also has a penchant for picking up mistresses on his movie sets, a habit that has cost him four wives.

During filming for The Abyss, Cameron suggested that his actors could relieve themselves in their wetsuits during water shots to save time; he similarly warned that bathroom breaks during the filming of True Lies could lead to a dismissal. He keeps a nail gun on hand and threatens to nail crew’s cell phones to the wall when they go off inappropriately during filming.

Cameron’s reputation precedes him on every project he touches, which he says is a good thing as it helps keep the crew in line."

>everything I don't like is capeshit

Can't wait for summer to finally be over.

Actually you can. His later films are awful in comparison to his earlier ones.

Hell make trillions being Deadpool sequel.

B A S E D

Except Avatar is shit

>"James Cameron's f**king calling me this name and that name. Whatever. If James Cameron came to me and said, 'Hey, man, why'd you say that?' I'd go, 'Because it happened.'"

Baby cameron on suicide watch

I dont like it but I find CG tech fascinating and I think Avatar is genius in that regard. The plot and story are really just excuses to render different areas of the world.

I really enjoyed watching it back then but I always thought it was pretty forgettable, I've never even rewatched it or have the urge to. Not even trying to be contrarian, not like anyone else really talks about it anymore either desu.

>cgi shitfest with story as original as a marvel flick
It's not based on capeshit, but it is in the same tier. Avatar's only saving grace is Cameron, who has a vision, but otherwise it's generic tripe.

the general public disagrees
critics disagree
the box office disagrees
awards disagree

On one side you have all that. On the other side you have butthurt redditors and fa/tv/irgins who keep hating on it without proper arguments or logic.

>I feel bad for anyone who unironically liked avatar

I feel even worse for people who didn't understand the point of Avatar

You know Jake fucked Beyonce that night

This. Its such a deep complex movie

Who hasn't?

Based Jim runs a tight ship, but that's why he's the best

I feel bad for anyone that watched avatar.

You can't put a price on peace of mind.

>He keeps a nail gun on hand and threatens to nail crew’s cell phones to the wall when they go off inappropriately during filming.

This seems perfectly reasonable.

It was a hit but that doesn't mean it's good
It left zero impact on pop culture, nobody remembers it at all

>This. Its such a deep complex movie

Being deep and complex wasn't the point of Avatar. It was first and foremost a technological exposition, using completely new cameras and 3D recognition processes. It was about going above and beyond what the medium could do before. That's why it was good

Nigga you retarded

In all honesty I don't even know how Titanic or Avatar became as successful as they did. They don't do anything new, the acting wasn't spectacular, and the stories are cookie cutter. Can't deny their success but I'm having trouble understanding it

>COMPANIES AND MILITARY BAD

>NATURES AND HIPPIES GOOD

that's the jist of the movie

A movie is only good if it left an impact on pop culture? That's how you critique films?

> nominated for nine Academy Awards, including Best Picture and Best Director, and won three, for Best Art Direction, Best Cinematography and Best Visual Effects
> first film to gross more than $2 billion
> best-selling film of 2010 in the United States
> highest-grossing film of all time
> 83% on Rotten Tomatoes, 83 on Metacritic, A on CinemaScore, 7.8 on IMDB
> successful theme park attraction at Disney
name a bigger success

It's literally Pocahontas

Name a bigger JUST

Then everyone realized 3D is a meme and now it is fucking off once again to be revived maybe 20 years later.

based jake always getting the pussy

>THE CGI WAS AMAZIN
>OMG 3D SO FUCKING COOL
>THE STORY DOESN'T MATTER LEL

>stop enjoying things i don't like!

Woah thats crazy. I dont care about plot anymore as long as they do things with their computer

i like Short Circuit 1 and 2

And then everyone decided to do fake 3D shit anyway

>>THE STORY DOESN'T MATTER
>Also the story was literally Dances with Wolves + FernGully

You're a fucking moron.

How does it make you feel knowing they're the two highest grossing films of all time?

>how dare a medium thats half visuals do cool things with the visuals! I prefer to watch movies without the actual motion picture part.
Maybe books would be more your style

I'm sure you cringe hearing your own voice

Ffs, i thought he was going for some sci fi space saga. Why have the same characters?

I mean maby he is going for the
>it takes 10 years to send the armada from Earth to tree world

and that is why he waited 10 years to make the second one?

Now we will get some random scrub scientist fucking blue girl and being the human leader.

Avatar is a shitty movie that had amazing marketing.

fuck you jerry you loseer

>Why is the antagonist going to be the same antagonist for all four movies?

Because the Colonel is the only good character in this " Pocahontas/Ferngully/Dancing with the Wolves in Space " Crap.
To sad that we will never see all that fucking annoying Smurfs getting killed by an orbital strike.

Yet he's in a capeshit film now haha.

Cultural impact is really the only measure that matters - other creators reflect on your work that they begin to recreate and adapt it or simply steal from it - the ideas brought forth permeate into movements in cinema - etc.

Avatar was pretty but generic. About as notable as Brett Ratner movie.

>He keeps a nail gun on hand and threatens to nail crew’s cell phones to the wall when they go off inappropriately during filming.

I dont see the problem here. Fucking spoiled Hollywood pricks being on the phone while every second is valuable money need a tight hand leading them.

No i have a pretty voice

>Maybe books would be more your style
You just know the movies he does enjoy have shitty visuals AND shitty writing and plot. Avatar detractors are pathetic.

>I really enjoyed watching it back then but I always thought it was pretty forgettable, I've never even rewatched it or have the urge to

This! I watched that movie at the cinema and was mazed by the visuals, especially by the 3d. But besides that, the movie didnt left me impressed. Well with the exception of Colonel Quaritch.

I dont read books like a nerd nice try haha
Avatar didnt do anything cool. Only thing different about it from other d movies was the alien sex scene

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

Deadpool is more respectful franchise. It has curse words and poop jokes while breaking the fourth wall! Epic just like me!

>I dont see the problem here
Of course not. Neets don't understand why people call their peers, sometimes for emergency reasons.

>Then everyone realized 3D is a meme and now it is fucking off once again to be revived maybe 20 years later.

It's a meme when it was done incredibly poorly, aka 100% of the movies made trying to capitalize on it

Do you ever really care what the plot is for a movie anyway? Do you even know how a strong plot is structured vs a weak plot? Do you know the elements of filmmaking?

Name a movie, and I'll tell you what it ripped the story off from. hard mode: movies from 1975 and later only

There's nothing wrong with Ferngully btw, I can think of worse things to take inspiration from

>
>>Then everyone realized 3D is a meme and now it is fucking off once again to be revived maybe 20 years later.
>It's a meme when it was done incredibly poorly, aka 100% of the movies made trying to capitalize on it
> (You)
>Do you ever really care what the plot is for a movie anyway? Do you even know how a strong plot is structured vs a weak plot? Do you know the elements of filmmaking?
>
>Name a movie, and I'll tell you what it ripped the story off from. hard mode: movies from 1975 and later only
>There's nothing wrong with Ferngully btw, I can think of worse things to take inspiration from

It was the movie version of a 3d benchmark programm you use for videogames/PCs.

Tits or GTFO.

Literally Ferngully in 3D. Also LolFuckAmerica&Capitalism: The Movie.

Even tried to subtly insert shit like this.
>Man those evil americans are at it again!

Is he coming back?

>It was the movie version of a 3d benchmark programm you use for videogames/PCs.

I get what you're trying to say, but I think the analogy doesn't work. It might be better if you also said they had to build a complete new engine for the program as well as a new computer to do it.

Literally parroting: the post
Guaranteed there are movies you like that have taken stories/plots from other movies or stories

What a rip off.

>The old Neet meme

Did you ever worked with so called " creative " people ? I do and its a damn nightmare if you dont set up the Rules directly at the beginning and punish stepping out of the Line.
Yes you need to give them their " freedom " for creativity but need to cut their bullshit when its getting out of hand.
A fucking Neet isnt capable of that or has any knowledge about working at all.

This is so very, very fucking true.

I unironically enjoyed it for the Space Hueys, mechs, and jungle warfare aesthetic

Pocahontas is a better movie than Avatar, and more visually impressive.

Yes the " Engine " was amazing like all the other technical parts. And i enjoyed that movie especially for this. But i had no urge at all to buy it and watch it again once it was released on Blue ray.
Which i immediatly did with movies like for example. Master and Commander or Letters from Iwo Jima.

AMANDA SEYFRIED

No, he turned a new page, got himself a gf and is not living a happy life.

>doesn't want to fuck with a franchise that's been shelved for years due to Cameron cutting a deal to stay out of the way of Star Wars 8 and 9 as well as Avengers Infinity Wars 1 and 2

Smart guy. Cameron's an idiot if he thinks he's gonna get the big turnout the first one got.

The world building is indeed impressing but the Black and white story line of evil corporate humans vs proud and innocent earthbound natives is dull.

To be fair he was the best actor in his Terminator flick

I don't get it. All the other animals look pretty neat, but these tiny ones and the big mother looked like a video game, even back when it came out. What happened

>Cameron's an idiot if he thinks he's gonna get the big turnout the first one got.
> Terminator will flop
> Titanic will flop
> Avatar will flop
People never learn

>Yes the " Engine " was amazing like all the other technical parts. And i enjoyed that movie especially for this. But i had no urge at all to buy it and watch it again once it was released on Blue ray.

For sure, and I feel the same way about as you did.

>Which i immediatly did with movies like for example. Master and Commander or Letters from Iwo Jima.

Yup, those are classics. In particular, I don't know if I can count how many times I've seen Master and Commander.

> wahhhhh I can't spend time at work talking to my friends

Real emergencies are rare and if one arose they'd obviously be allowed to use a phone.

excellent bait

Why dont they just tell him to fuck off? People only act this way because little cuckold pushovers let them

>disappears for 8 years
>somehow gets sexier

How

men age well

This. Women are the exact opposite.

Avatar has gotten to be so forgettable that hardly anyone remembers a single line from it. It's not Star Wars. It doesn't have the kind of staying power Star Wars had when Lucas waited until 1999 to produce a new one. It has a finite shelf life, and it's already got mold on it.

You Avaturds keep trying to push this narrative that it has that kind of staying power when it never ever did.