MY SPIDER SENSE IS TINGLING

MY SPIDER SENSE IS TINGLING

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9-r7qymfa0Q
youtu.be/06mf-XRjCDM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

AND THEY SAY THAT A HERO CAN SAVE US

He could have stopped it, but he didn't. Spider-Man of Murder.

youtube.com/watch?v=9-r7qymfa0Q

I'm worried that if something even worse than 9/11 happens that the world will throw out cape comics entirely. How can you set superhuman heroes in a world with a horrific event that they could have stopped?

>How can you set superhuman heroes in a world with a horrific event that they could have stopped?
Thats where my hatred of god started, user.

its statistically the other way around.

Went shit gets rough people want digestable, comfortable escapist stories.

I'm an atheist and that's an unhealthy way of approaching theology.

Plenty of horrific shit has happened since superheroes caught on. like most holes in comic stories, we ignore these things for the sake of enjoyment.

But the question remains, how do you pretend a world where super heroes exist is the same world where a horrific event they could have easily stopped happened?

I know, user, i know.... The worst part is that i still believe in gods of somekind.

>something even worse than 9/11
No offense, but what is so particularly tragic about it? 9/11 only claimed 3000 lives, while Ebola outbreak of 2014 killed more than 11000.

Most Golden Age heroes exist because of WWII

My spider sense is tingling, if you know what I mean.

But the question remains, how do you pretend a world where God exist is the same world where a horrific event he could have easily stopped happened?

Literally, exactly the same logic.

Obviously the difference is the 9/11 was one of those easily discernible and singular events that super heroes stop all the time.

The nostalgia hurts

No, we'll just get tributes like this.

Don't write about Superman.

I do like that cover.

YOU'LL GET YOUR RENT WHEN YOU make this a Raimiposting thread.

there's an edit of this with the planes and shit right

Anyone got that issue of The boys were they fail horribly at preventing 9/11?

What's your point?

>Tips fedora

Get some perspective. When it comes to real life politics and comics, nothing will compare to a decade of world war that formatted the status quo of capeshit and help establish the CCA.

Jesus Christ, Raimi.
youtu.be/06mf-XRjCDM

Because those people didn't die in a tragic way that the US media wants to tell us about.

oh what a suprise

I'M NOT GUNNA STAND HERE AND WAIT

Who cares? Just do whatever gets money, be it guy in spandex crying about a real life tragedy or a dude in a gimp suit high-fiving a politician.

This bullshit always sells.

The Dengue/Zika/Chikungunya outbreak of late 2015 killed around 2 million+.
Yet... 9/11 never forget, amirite?

Plagues are a natural phenomenon that we've struggled against for thousands of years, ever since we started living in densely populated areas.
Its just part of living on this planet. Like earthquakes and floods.
9/11 was a specific act of man that could have been avoided.
The political discontent in the middle east would still exist, but the conflict could have been settled with cooler heads.