What's been the best movie of 2017 so far?

What's been the best movie of 2017 so far?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7IPY28pKBUk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Baby Driver

Dunkirk unironically

Logan
War for The Planet of The Apes
Dunkirk
Get Out

Spider-Man: Homecoming

i dislike gambling but i'd put money on get out winning best screenplay.

What did you see in Logan?

Seriously, it's ok at best and the last part is awful.

Wonder woman.
Also the most profitable movie

>1. Logan
>2. War for The Planet of The Apes
>3. SpiderMan Homecoming
>4. Guardians Vol 2
>5. Fate of the Furious

Havn't seen Dunkirk yet so

>Get Out
Rude. OP was asking a legitimate question that is relevant to this board's topic. These types of threads are far better than the capeshit and forced meme threads that plague this board.

>No lost city of z mentioned
Ashame no one saw it

Dunkirk best cinema experience.
Logan best capeshit
It Comes At Night best kino.
Get Out best horror flick.

fell asleep about an hour in. i may have been drunk though

What did you feel during this scene?

the sextape i made with your mother

Haven't even seen it yet but I know its Baby Driver.
I suppose Get Out was also pretty good

Extreme sadness

>those last 3
I hope those are the only movies you saw this year

>3 capeshit films
>1 ape shit film
>1 car shit film

RIP cinema

Name 3 films better than the ones i mentioned, again i havnt seen Dunkirk

Name your favorite movies of 2017

It Comes at Night, A Ghost Story and Dunkirk (please go see it)

Sadness but thought it felt right

Dunkirk hands down. Logan was a piece of shit

>Horror shit

kek stop posting, if you actually get scared by films you should go see a doctor

Then you should because that's obviously nr. 1.
Some others are Split and Baby Driver

>Split
>Baby Driver

I watched and liked both, but what can i say i just liked them. I got more pure enjoyment out of Guardians, Spiderman and hell even Fate of the Furious, they're not bettter crafted films. But i had fun watching them

You clearly didn't see them because they are not even horror movies you dumb ignorant mongoloid,
It Comes at Night could be barely seen as a horror, but it's more like a tense thriller. And calling A Ghost Story a horror film is retarded and completely ignorant.

Not an argument

If you actually get 'ascaird' by a post, get the fuck off Sup Forums. Fucking faggots.

>T-t-they're not horror films

man this is getting pathetic, you clearly just googled those films and made retarded assumptions about them based on the cover and IMDb tagline, just stop posting alltogether

It's a little shlocky, but to call it awful sounds like you're just being a bitter contrarian faggot who went to see a comic book movie so you could hate it

What is the point in even posting this. Are you trolling or actually this consumed by stupidity. Does it even matter? Do you just enioy acting like a dumb fag cause it amuses you?

Song to Song

I enjoyed guardians so much more than spiderman, and I'm a huge spidey fan who grew up in and still lives in queens
It was just a good movie to me, whereas guardians was so much fun and had a fucking actual god as it's villain, which was cool

Yeah i agree, i might be being biased but it was just so refreshing to see a good Spiderman film since the last 3 have all been shit

>Logan
movie

>War for The Planet of The Apes
film

>Dunkirk
kino

>Get Out
flick

Uncanny valley was distracting but it was also sad to see Wolverine die so brutally

It comes at night is one of those movies you really are engrossed in while watching, then after just pick it apart and never really have any interest in ever seeing again.

Still creepy af tho, but honestly a lot of missed potential

Baywatch. Plebs will deny this.

and Dunkirk

This is semantics, it comes clearly plays on horrifying ideas of life threatening infections and monsters or something coming to get you, it's not a typical horror movie but it's very horrifying at parts

youtube.com/watch?v=7IPY28pKBUk
not logan, that's for sure

this. Dunkirk is not only the best of the year but perhaps Nolan's best period

1. It Comes at Night
2. Baby Driver
3. Free Fire
4. War for the Planet of the Apes
5. The Devil's Candy

Say what you want but Fate of the Furious was fucking kino

I cant wait for 9 when they go into space

just the opening sequence alone is already better than the entirety of the 2017 so far

1. Baby Driver
2. Dunkirk
3. John Wick 2 i guess

About to watch Dunkirk

What should i expect?

>1. Logan
>2. War for The Planet of The Apes
>3. Dunkirk
>4. John Wick 2
>5. Spiderman Homecoming

Yeah it was intended as an insulat

The best cinema experience of recent times.

Resident Evil Vendetta

Really surprised how well it turned out to be.

Why does everyone liked war for the planet of the apes? I really disliked the movie.

Jesus what a fucking awful year for movies

A movie that's only good if you see it in a theatre

nothing comes close to Dunkirk

becuse you have shit taste.

Most of the good ones come late in the year to be fresh for the Oscar Academy

>A movie that's only good if you see it in a theatre

I'm sure my 32inch monitor will do the job

Throughout this entire sequence, I thaught of how much he went through and if he ever thaught about how it would end for him over the centuries he was alive

relax senpai its not even october yet

Great argument.

screens not the point you need a soundsystem

Prepare to be underwhelmed

You will not experience the change of formats properly. also
>implying film is just about the visuals

No matter what audio system you have at home, you will not, I repeat, you will NOT experience the same thing when that first Stuka bombing comes in if you watch it at home, ever. Have that in your mind, not even if you have zero neighbours and you can crank your audio system to the max, whatever setup you have.

Logan
Song to Song
Logan Lucky
Guardians of Galaxy, vol. 2.

Small.

As far as Capeshit goes Logan > GotGV2 > WW > Spider-Man
If youre going on emotional content though Guardians wins hands down. In Spider-Man the only person hat died was sone scrub, Wonder Womans one night stand died in here film but it didnt really envoke anything, and Logans death was him finally getting some rest. Yondos death though. Man. Yeah, you can tell its deliberaetly done to make you feel feels and is hokey, but i didnt care. Father and Son playing had me crying like a bitch and then when he got the funeral with honors I cried some more.

Get Out was a great White Exploitation horror movie and maybe the first of its kind (or may be that i seen anyway).

More like into the Past

Not that one that's for sure

maybe After the Storm or Dunkirk surprisingly yet we're not into the season yet

#getlitty

Shin Godzilla,
It Comes at Night,
Get Out,

>Most Disappointing Movie of the Year
Alien: Covenant

>Disappointing Movie of the Year
you had expectations?

Ridley was already confirmed hack

Batman v Superman

Am i the only person who thought Wonder Women sucked?

>Snyderfags are so passionately autistic they are now moving their films onto whatever year they want

of course not.

It was awful yet had a coherent enough story and action for the masses to enjoy and praise

yes user, you're the only special snowflake on the whole world who tought Wonder Women sucked and everybody else besides you absolutely loved it yes that's how it works

It was a good "look girls can be capeshit too" movie

>shilling your shitty YouTube reviews

It was good indeed.

unironically Star vs. the Forces of Evil: The Battle for Mewni

Dunkirk-a-chino time

>awful
>coherent story and action
sounds like its just meh.

I was being too kind I suppose

it's just another capeshit flick of the conveyor belt with no reedeming qualities with a CGI heavy third act

With the first post I was just stating that this is the DC flick the normies will actually enjoy and praise

1.Logan
2.Baby Driver
3.GotG 2
4.WW
T.Capeshit watcher who's only seen four films.
I was thinking of watching John Wick 2, Dunkirk, and War of the Planet of the Apes. What would any of you personally reccomend?

out of those three it's Dunkirk that's a no brainer

Hounds of Love

The Big Sick.

Dunkirk or Get Out

I have a 99.5% feeling that Dunkirk will win Best Picture at the Oscars. Only about 80% sure that Nolan will win Best Director since the Academy seems to shit on the guy.

>Best Picture

higly unlikely but it all depends on the themes of the films released in the fall and until december

I can see it winning best cinematography

Detroit will win Best Picture while Dunkirk will sweep the technicals (Best Production Design, Best Sound Mixing, Best Sound Editing, Best Cinematography, Best Film Editing).
It will be the Fury Road of 2017.

>best picture

uh honey that's gonna be Whose Streets?

No but you're in the minority, it was better than GotG2 and Homecoming

>it was better than GotG2 and Homecoming

Its time to stop posting user

Man people got too carried away with the autism, I will say it was a top 5 film because the arrow beach scene wasn't stupid in the context of the film and the final fight wasn't as cringeworthy as you guys always say, they tried too hard its true but not enough to overshadow every great moment before that and characters especially all the great scenes.

Okja
Colossal
Free Fire
Raw
Baby Driver