Why was Tom Hanks revealing his profession such a big deal in "Saving Private Ryan"...

Why was Tom Hanks revealing his profession such a big deal in "Saving Private Ryan"? The only thing that bothers me about this kino.

Because it makes him more human n sheit.

Because the fact that jews have purposefully infiltrated education is a secret.

Tom Hanks has an aura of a competent and no nonsense officer so his troops build myths around him to explain his cool demeanor and competency to the point where they decide to bet on what his civilian profession was or if he's a career officer

Then it turns out that he's a teacher, the farthest thing away from his current military demeanor and competency. It was about showing how people from all walks of life served in the war

Good question, it always felt unnatural to me to.

You now remember that Vin Diesel was in this movie

*too

ffs

go back to Sup Forums

I laffed

It was strange to them that a man like him could be a teacher. Sort of a reminder that these guys are just normal men who got pulled away from their normal lives to be killers.

>Sgt. Miller
>competent
>DUDE LET'S SEND OUR ENTIRE SQUAD INCLUDING OUR ONLY MEDIC TO TAKE A STRATEGICALLY INSIGNIFICANT MG NEST BECAUSE WHY NOT

Yeah fair enough. It was just such a heated moment.

Because he was a total enigma to his men. He was a leader and that was the end of it. He was the man who told them what to do and how to do it, and when he exposed himself as a normie it all had an impact on everyone in his fireteam. They had been through hell and back without knowing something significant about their leader's normal life, and all of a sudden knowing took some time for them all to absorb.

>sure, lets strafe around it and let the MG nest totaly ambush the next battalion that comes around here and possible get suplies and shit

just like Black Hawk Down, everyone was in this movie.

Because he's more in the know than his squad, hence why he is the captain.

They have a bet going, which he at some point acknowledges in the film before the reveal, then uses it as a bargaining chip when shit gets out of hand.

That's all really.

>his troops build myths around him to explain his cool demeanor and competency to the point where they decide to bet on what his civilian profession was or if he's a career officer

You never get the impression that the squad is just fucking with the translator (ie: all their opinions about him are revealed to HIM, in regards to the bet and why they're right & going to win) to throw his guess off if he were to throw $ into the pool?

I like where you're heads at, but you may be reading too much into it with the evidence presented.

>a battalion which will take out a 2 man mg nest within 2-3 mortar hits

Fucking KYS

A soldier doesnt run from or avoid an enemy they can defeat in total war

>let someone else do our jobs

Sad!

stop trying to explain this movie to contrarian asshole here who will hate it no matter what

because everyone thought he was some macho man, and he is just a teacher. nothing interesting about it.