What's up with Brasilia? Why is it Brazil's capital? I can barely find any pictures or info on it

What's up with Brasilia? Why is it Brazil's capital? I can barely find any pictures or info on it.

that's the point

It seems to be a new world thing to name some random city as your capital rather than one people have actually heard of. Look at Australia or America, for instance, and you'll see the same thing.

2 main cities had a shitshtorm about who's better.
It was so big that they made a law, that capital should be in geographical center of country.

they wanted to develop the interior

I thought it happened in Australia between Melbourne and Sydney.

Sounds like Australia, indeed
Brazil case is that coast is significantly more developed than inland so they tried to relocate a "center" (political at least) further from ocean. +some geopolitical security.

that's what happened in the US too, but it was both between cities and regions

I imagine for a similar reason Ottawa is our Capital or Canberra for Australia.

You mean it's not Rio?

Ugly city designed by a communist. Our true Capital is Rio (it is also a shithole, but at least has a decent archtecture in the South Zone unlike Shtisilia).

Trips of holy truth

It's actually a pretty decent place by brazilians standards, with a great climate and a huge population

>great climate

You mean a sawanna like hell oven with low humidity. Even the sertão backlands are better than that. No wonder people only live there cause muh soy.

Ever notice how all the terrorist attacks happen in new york?

The main goal is to protect corrupt politicians, difficult access to the population and less criticism. So they barely have protests and live in a bubble oblivious to the country situation.

Imagine washington D.C. but it's built in the 50's, somewhere near the center of the country where no one lives.

That's convenient for the elites, the communist elites againste the Capital concentrated in Rio and São Paulo, and that's some comfy commie planning.

I love this. Excellent idea.

The macaco eaters have spoken and have trips

Ugh, what a horrible space management

The anons are not kidding, it was indeed designed by communists not vising utilitarian purposes but to configurate peoples' mind in a certain way.

seems a bit creepy how empty it is for a capital, but still looks quite nice

More than 2 million people tho.
Part of them live in huge complexes of concrete buildings