>Katana
>Captain Boomerang
>Deadshot
>Killer Frost
>King Shark
>Mindboggler
>Parasite

more skanky, dirty, ancient whores

It has too make 6 billion at the box office to break even, retard.
Marketing cost 9 quadrillion.

If Dark Universe comes out I hope Enchantress is in it. I'd also like to see Ayer's team's take on Black Alice, too.

>only 9 quadrillion

stupid dkek. It needed at LEAST infinity gorillion dollars to even cover the production costs.

>So who do you want in the sequel?

a competently-made movie

Some heavy hitter.

Woah man, let's not get crazy here. This is DC we're talking about, you're asking for the impossible.

Suicide Squad was more competently put together than The Avengers.

Critics are a meme.

samefag pls

My line up would be

Deadshot
Dutchess
Bronze Tiger
Nemesis
Nightshade
Oswald Cobblepot
King Shark

Adapt the Russian mission that crossed over with Doom Patrol in Ostrander's run, just change a few things around like they did in the movie. Got to keep the Rocket Reds though.

but BvS was amazing

>$15 million more domestic
Well we know that isn't going to happen.

Whatever you say, Martha.

>gorillian
That's just bananas user.

Bronze Tiger or I'm not watching it

Your trips are compelling, but also sadly incorrect.

I think we may have different views on the application of the word "amazing".

My dream suicide squad lineup
Deadshot
Harley Quinn
Killer Frost
Captain Boomerang
King Shark
Killer Croc

Boom

>criticize any DC film
>"d-duh avenguh"

Avengers is forgettable popcorn movie bullcrap, but Suicide Squad was miserable.

Do we? It made 16 million last week, and 14 million this week.

>too stupid for capeshit
wew

suicide squad was fun.

Avengers was a living nightmare.

Suicide Squad was about two hours of badly-shot scenes written by six different screen-writers randomly assorted in ways that left the audience confused and largely unable to suspend their disbelief. Almost every character was badly-written and badly utilized, the film's Joker was easily the worst in cinematic history and they even somehow managed to make Batman seem like a reprehensible dickhead. The entire movie is a blunder and if it wasn't DC it would have made less money than a lemonade stand operated by Jeb Bush.

>Suicide Squad was more competently put together than The Avengers.

This has to be a joke.

Major Disaster and Duchess.

This guy gets it.

I don't really care who's in the movie, what I want is more Katana/Boomerang, and a climax that doesn't revolve around the end of the world.

While that would be a kick ass elite team, the problem is that nobody would really die since everybody but maybe Shark has plot armor, and even Shark is kind of a big deal in the SS comics nowadays

I'd like an actual Suicide Squad movie that's based on the Ostrander comics too, but I know neither of these things are gonna happen.

It's like "capekino" where Sup Forumsirgins joke about it and people actually think they're with them.

I don't want Lashina to die. I want her to stay a Female Furie.

Name one comic book movie that's been based on only ONE source.

Like half the movie was Ostrander shit for fucks sake. The rest was from the N52 skwad.

>B...but I didn't read New 52!

That's your own goddamn fault

She looks like the kind of character Shadman would design.

>So who do you want in the sequel?

I'd keep the Squad slightly smaller and kick out Deadshot, so Boomer, Katana and Croc can have more screentime:

- Harley
- Boomer
- Katana
- Killer Croc
- Black Manta (after they introduce him in Aquaman)
- Deathstroke (post-Justice League/Batman)

>5 guys in an airport

wow

what a Civil War

Was there not a story about a guy pretending to be Deadshot at some point?

They could just write out Will and recast him. Will was the only character I didn't really like.

It was, but not in the way you probably mean it.

>That's your own goddamn fault

No, that's just displaying patrician taste.

I liked Will as Deadshot, but his storyarc was kinda resolved at the end of the movie (he can now visit his daughter and Darnells out).

1 Captain America: Civil War BV $1,152.7
2 Zootopia BV $1,023.4
3 The Jungle Book (2016) BV $964.0
4 Finding Dory BV $945.5
5 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice WB $872.7
6 Deadpool Fox $782.6
7 The Secret Life of Pets Uni. $767.7
8 Suicide Squad WB $681.3
Disney is king sitting on the top 4 spots.

>ignorance is patrician

> the problem is that nobody would really die

No one really died in the movie we got either. Slipknot was a punchline and Diablo was barely in the fucking movie despite how hard they tired to build his dime-store character arc.

I couldn't believe they brought Enchantress back to life at the very end. How little balls does your movie have that you can't even finish Rick Flagg's "duty vs love" character arc properly Gotta keep her around for those sequels, baby!

>Like half the movie was Ostrander shit for fucks sake

I sure am glad they turned Rick Flagg from a PTSD riddled wreck of a human being pushing away his grief by playing the serious "straight man" of the team to a love-struck clown whos entire reason we should connect to him(his romance) was established via fucking montage.

And Deadshot went from a psychopath with a terminal case of self-loathing so bad that being beaten by Batman basically makes him psychologically unable to fight him ever again to a "muh daughter" Will Smith character.

And Enchantress getting every bit of her character ripped out to be turned into Gozer from Ghostnbusters

Thank God they stripped every tiny scrap of interesting characterisation out of these people, really reminded me of the Ostrander books.

Waller and Boomer were good, at least.

>six different screen-writers

>had one screenwriter

really fires up the neurons

>badly-shot scenes

Yes, the very definition of it. Ignore the garbage the plebs consume, concern yourself only with quality.

Quit this fucking Suicide Squad was profitable-meme.

You're embarassing yourselves.

>Because we all know the only thing that matters most about a movie is the worst sections that you can cut out and post individually as memes.
I'm not joking when I say that almost every scene in The Avengers looks that bad.

I remember before this movie came out that everybody was convinced it was going to be an absolute failure that would never get near 700mil. and as soon as we found out it wasn't going to be in China almost all of Sup Forums and Sup Forums laughed that it was going to be a massive flop that wouldn't even beat X-Men Apocalypse

I'd like to point out that I didn't like the film but how salty it's success has made people has given me a lot of laughs. If it opened in China it would have beat the Super mega popular "New Star Wars" franchise GOTG. Think about that? It's hilarious

My ideal team would be...

>Returning

Flag
Deadshot
Boomerang

>New Members

King Shark
Nightshade
Parasite

Maybe Count Vertigo but I don't want the team to be too big, otherwise we'll have characters with almost no screentime like last time.

>Not Returning

Croc
Harley Quinn
Enchantress
Katana

What's embarrassing is that DCucks are so desperate for some good news that they latch on to this movie making money despite being just as shit as the the last two as if it was a sign from God Himself.

"L...l...look everyone, this garbage finally made some money! It may be terrible but it's not terrible AND a monumental failure!"

But user Avengers was terribly shot. It looked like a tv show

Who do I believe?

Think for me Sup Forums.

>My massive conglomerate is doing better

Holy shit, kill yourself

>It may be terrible
(not true, by the way)

>$15 million more domestic and it beats Iron Man 1 and 2

Well, no.

Iron Man (2008): $582,443,126 worldwide, $318,604,126 domestic, $102,118,668 domestic opening weekend;

Iron Man 2 (2010) $623,561,331 worldwide, $312,433,331 domestic, $128,122,480 domestic opening weekend;

Suicide Squad (2016) $678,697,853 worldwide, $303,197,853 domestic, $133,682,248 domestic opening weekend

Looks right, right? Wrong.

CPI inflation 2008-2016 11.8% ($1 in 2008 is equivalent to $1.12 in 2016)

CPI inflation 2010-2016 10.4% ($1 in 2010 is equivalent to $1.10 in 2016)

Therefore accounting for basic consumer price inflation:

Iron Man (2008, adjusted to 2016 CPI): $652,336,301 worldwide, $356,836,621 domestic, $114,372,908 domestic opening weekend;

Iron Man 2 (2010, adjusted to 2016 CPI) $685,917,464 worldwide, $343,676,664 domestic, $140,934,728 domestic opening weekend

NATO (National Association of Theater Owners) record of average ticket prices tells a different story; ticket prices have risen above consumer inflation.

In 2008 the national average was $7.18, in 2010 it was $7.89, in 2016 (Q1 $8.58, Q2 $8.73, Q3 not yet available) it's $8.66 so far as we know.

Therefore domestic admissions averaged:

Iron Man: 44,373,834 (14,222,656 opening weekend)

Iron Man 2: 39,598,648 (16,238,591 opening weekend)

Suicide Squad: 35,011,299 (15,436,749 opening weekend)

At this stage most movies won't make more than 5% of their existing gross on top of what they already have; so Suicide Squad should end around $318,357,746 - nowhere near the actual value of the 2008 or 2010 Iron Man movies, but symbolically higher, if you don't know what inflation is. A moral victory for people who like murderous clown movies, if you will.

On top of this:

If we gave Iron Man and Iron Man 2 the same $8.66 ticket price as Suicide Squad, they would finish domestically on $384,277,402 and $342,924,292 respectively; if Q3 has been higher, obviously the SS audience figures would be lower.

The one and only truth. You're just desperately trying not to face it.

It was awful, for reasons given above in this thread. Just shit. Not nearly as bad as BvS, I'll give you that, but still terrible by general standards.

If you think otherwise your opinion can't have any value.

The DCEU has yet to produce a movie that's competent, let alone good.

So?

Well Guardians production budget was revealed to actually be closer to $235 mil than the $170 initially reported (Watch that movie again and it's laughable to think it was that low) and it's still regarded as a runaway success. Suicide Squad will finish about 50mil less but is apparently a flop.

So look at it this way. GOTG is a huge success and SS a modest one. GOTG is a modest success and SS broke even. GOTG Broke even and Suicide Squad is a failure

>Enchantress from the new upcoming DC movie "Suicide Squad", I know a lot of you have been asking me to do Harley from it, but have you even seen Enchantress? Shes more my type - I bet she has a tatted and pierced asshole...

>Also, a lot of you have been asking for it, heres the return of the classic Dickgirl version.

>see you soon with the next post.

>-Shad

What did he mean by this?

It's yet to have a flop like the MCU has though

Ah yes, Shadbase, the one who gifted his mom a R34 pic of her.

>b-but muh inflation meme

>the one who gifted his mom a R34 pic of her.

kek no way

Dam that's a well made argument with inflation. I enjoyed reading that, and it changed my view of movie gross estimates.

>oh no, he's making a coherent argument with numbers and references
>better counter with a meme

What is BvS, Alex?

Not a flop. The Incredible Hulk, now that was a flop

The problem with DC is how high their expectations are for every movie. Each film is a giant gambit to shoot the moon in the box office.

Then there's Marvel which has had plenty of mediocre and bad films, but they make more and refine their "style". Now they just churn out good films. Lots of flaws but their more consistent.

Get rid of Harley and Deadshot and keep the rest the same. If there's one thing SS suffered from (You know, aside from mindboggingly poor writing, ugly visuals and bad pacing) it was having a generic Will Smith role and one of the most misguided attempts at comic relief in action movie history in its center.

Plus, kicking out Harley means we wont have to see Leto as Joker again either so that's killing two birds with one stone.

No they didn't. The Thor/Loki fight and the opening scene with Loki's attack and the awful CGI cave-in were the only parts of the movie that looked outright bad.

>It looked like a tv show

Please keep repeating that while never actually going into specifics of what that means, I'm sure you came to that thought naturally and not because of Sup Forums shitposting.

I can't wait for the keyboard warriors to argue that over-exposed lighting and slightly flat cinematography si somehow a TV staple, I need a good laugh today. It's amazing how everyone on Sup Forums a board that literally understands nothing about Hollywood business practices, screenwriting, direction or anything about films at all suddenly all, became experts in cinematography. It's a genuine miracle!

And somehow Suicide Squad, a movie that looks like it was shot on four sets that have no connection to each other and seems to film every single street scene on the same three-block strip of Chicago while slapping every interior shot with a piss filter for seemingly no reason at all has none of the new cinematography experts complaining. How incredible, that magic infusion of filmmaking expertise that appeared just for complaints about the MCU has now just disappeared.

It's almost like your arguments are complete bullshit regurgitated from shitposting.

No MCU or DCEU films are financial flops

DCEU only has critical flops

stop these memes

>mfw I rember now
Jesus, Shad. She looked pretty hot tho.

they also have 3 of the biggest bombs of the summer, my mouse-eared friend.

>You know, aside from mindboggingly poor writing
wut. You mean the quips that got added by suits for people like you?

>it was having a generic Will Smith role and one of the most misguided attempts at comic relief in action movie history in its center.
I'm not sure you've ever seen a movie before, my friend.

also
> kicking out Harley means we wont have to see Leto as Joker again
>not liking the best Joker since Ceasar Romero

I'm disgusted to share a thread with you

>nd the awful CGI cave-in were the only parts of the movie that looked outright bad.

Cap on the hellicarier was pretty awful

DC's other flaw is that, rather than building a wide base and cutting the parts that don't work they're trying to build up as fast as they can as if they need to catch up to Marvel. This means that if any individual movie fails/underperforms the rest are put into a more precarious position. They should have given us a Batman solo and made SS more self-contained before giving us BvS.

>The problem with DC is how high their expectations are for every movie. Each film is a giant gambit to shoot the moon in the box office.

But the only movie with those kinds of expectations was BvS?

So did the success to failure ratio of their films cancel WB and Disney out?

No the main flaw for DC is that this isn't DC. It's WB

>Marlel invented ensemble movies
>No ensemble movie in the history of cinema has ever existed without

I love the prequels to Magnificent 7 and Dirty Dozen.

Why the fuck didn't Tarantino make Mr. Pink: Origins before jumping right in with Reservoir Dogs?

I came for Harley and stayed for Enchantress
And I also came for Enchantress.

Why does Suicide Squad's success trigger Sup Forums so much?

MCU immigrants hate anything not related to Marvel Movies

I want the enemy to be a tam of villains or heroes but nothing on superman's level. the biggest problem I have with this movie is that the villain was 2 powerful for anything they did to be useful (cept fire guy) . I just think that if most of your team uses guns then your villains should be at least partially susceptible to guns.

In spite of these numbers, I think SS is a financial flop because of the marketing and reshoot costs.

>inb4 100 gotrillion dollar marketing budget

No, but I think it was high enough to make it seriously difficult to make this movie profitable.

Sequel should be the Jihad

The DCEU will have just one movie less before JL that the MC did before Avengers. And the DCEU is far more connected than the MCU was. MoS led into BvS, BvS led into Suicide Squad. MCU, a bunch of unconnected shit happens

>-$120 million
FUCK. Someone killed themselves over that, guaranteed.

>Kubo

>Ghostbusters only -60mil

I wish it had bombed harder.

Quick, everyone go buy Nike shoes!

>wut. You mean the quips that got added by suits for people like you?

Mostly, yes, but even the serious dialogue was corny as hell.

>the best Joker since Ceasar Romero

I don't get what you see in in him. Nichsolson hat the grandiosity. Ledger had the brutality. What did Leto have, aside from a design that was funny for all the wrong reasons?

>Pete's Dragon flopped

I remember Disney fans saying that movie would kill SS.

lol

He actually acted like the Joker.

He actually acted how I perceive the Joker should act.

FTFY.

Harley is not going to be in it no way waller will have her in the squad again after last time unless she has joker to.

We really do not need solo movies. I like the model that DCEU has given us. Its way nore connected. It deals with the actions and plots pervious movies have set up immediately instead of waiting 10 movies in to deal with the fall out.
Plus we are being given a reasonable reason as to why the JL is needed.

They were both fun suicide squad was just a lot more flawed then avengers.

>a climax that doesn't revolve around the end of the world.
this, goddammit. The suicide squad should just be doing waller's dirty work. Taking down Kobra or some shit like that would be cool.

Would love to see black spider on screen to replace slipknot

>HURR ITS UR OPINION
>I MUST REMIND YOU ITS YOUR OPINION AS IF THIS SOMEHOW DEVALUES THE STATEMENT IN A CONVERSATION ABOUT OPINIONS

When will children learn this isn't a clever debate technique and does nothing but waste time?