How does the market figure out the intrinsic value of gold?

How does the market figure out the intrinsic value of gold?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_discovery
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They call jacob from lost and ask hi.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_discovery

That's the pleb market. OP is asking about the real market.

there is no intrinsic value to anything

money is a meme itself but I am afraid to indulge into that dangerous subject

They call an expert

>what is a market equilibrium
>what is marginal transactions

UNLESS IT IS IN YOUR HANDS YOU DONT OWN IT AND IT CAN BE RESOLD OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Intrinsic value is an average of multiple perceptions. As with anything, you cannot find out the value of anything without comparing it to several other things.

Gold functions like a currency itself. You compare and find it's value in relation to other currencies. Basically gold goes up when the economy crashes. Periodically the market goes through a correction period, in which jews and their fiat currency scam grow weak.

If we were clever we would raise billions to buyout several companies the next big depression. Gold etf's are wise to hold in the meantime.

It has the value you thing it has vs the value other people thing it has, I'm sure some smart user has a formula for that.

S H A R T
H
A
R
T

I N
N

M A R T
A
R
T

fences built to keep white animals neat are artificial but they work

for now

we don't

gold is useless, soft and doesn't last long if worn.

Yes goi, get rid of al that useless, carcinogenic gold. If you pay me I will even take it off your hands for free.

>durr hurr my shiny rock is precious

so why don't we use it instead of hoarding it? oh right because its a sham. the only value comes in paper money.

>the only value comes in paper money.

i understand your thinking, but unfortunately it has proven not to be true.

precious metals have constant value. why? we don't know. it has to do with psychology and also to an extent the usefulness of the metal.

>gold
>useless

American education, everyone.

Gold is a fucking essential component in pretty much every fucking electronic device.

And paper silver/gold can be traded as fractional reserve. 1 contract of 5,000 ozt silver may be sold 9 times even though there is only 5,000ozt to back it.

It's value is whatever people are willing to pay for it, and whatever the owners are willing to sell it for.

And silver has 1000x more applications than gold. In fact, silver could be the FIRST element to go extinct at its current rate. Silver used in medications is secreted through the urine in tiny particles, leaving no option for recovery of the metal.

Barter. The example everyone uses is Roman Toga, sash, undergarments, quality sandals VS custom suit shirt tie shoes. All worth the same amount of gold dust, 2000 years apart.

I see you, Jew.

holy shit I would watch an episode where the global economy comes through that door

people who take colloidal silver are retards