So, are they Turks? Mongols? Scythians? Timurids?

So, are they Turks? Mongols? Scythians? Timurids?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-LkFN54_Wxc
youtube.com/watch?v=cgtZBIppu04
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Ankara
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A shitty knockoff of all of them.

where she keeping all of these people and their horses?

shitskins are all shit

Scythians were blinbling nomads+ womens fighters, timurid were enlightened, mongols were actually good at fighting, leave only the shittiest of them all: the Turks.

any time there's brown people/horse nomads in an alternate universe they're an amalgamation of all of them, except for maybe the Fremen

>pol bait & containment thread

They're plains Indians with some mongol flavor.

muslims

Westros is Britain. Clearly Muslims.
>youtube.com/watch?v=-LkFN54_Wxc

Turks can siege castles. They're probably Mongols.

You know Mongols could siege as well right?

Which castles did the Mongols take?

Holy fuck

Gurm said they're an amalgam of native americans and mongols

They're not even close to mongols, they're like a shitty version of Scythians

>They have no ships, Robert!
Was Ned ever right about anything?

Lol have any of you seen current turkey?

most likely Khazaks

youtube.com/watch?v=cgtZBIppu04

swiss guard or a couple of spaniars with proper terrain and strategy can tanke on so many bad dothraki

According to Martin, Native Americans and Mongolians.
According to the show, they're Dothraki and people from the """Free""" Cities who allied with Dany.
I love how anally devastated Sup Forums is over a scene that has been telegraphed from the beginning of the show. This entire series is about an exiled princess coming back and reclaiming her birthright, as well as marrying her original betrothed under succession (Jon Snow, child of her older brother and his wife). The entire war of the five kings and the westeros storylines in general probably came from a bloated point on an outline that read "political infighting weakens westeros." And since Martin has no self control it expanded into its own thing. The foretold princess and her king united to defeat the evil menace from the north. There. The end.

Steppeniggers

This. They are vaguely analogous to steppe peoples from the old world but mostly they are like cliche Plains Indians with big sickle swords.

all those poor women and children :(

Just look at all these poor women and children

obviously Timurids, Only Tamerlane had dragons

Native Americans didnt have any horses until they were provided by white men, and used archery as their primary weaponry.

Mongols and the other central asian horse tribes used archery as their primary weaponry.

So the Dothraki are just some weird amalgam of the two that are really unlike either, brought forth in the imagination of a pederast feminist.

Russians.

speaks tons of how hack GRRM actually is

>imagine just riding a fucking bulldozer along that line blasting meme music

yet the turks prevailed. also timurids are also turks

White people be like...

timurids were mongols you retard
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Ankara

A professor in Sweden actually said that Sweden will probably face the same problems as China in the near future because they only import males.

BUT WITH DRAGONS!
AND A FEMINIST QUEEN SLAAAAAY!

>implying Japan aren't honorary Aryans

>Mongolians

Proficient horse riders, but seem to not have much use of the bow and arrow.
So they're a primitive nomadic horseriding people, I'd say scythians

>who's timur han
>who's kubilay han
no, they were mainly turkic.
many turks and turkic clans fought against each other at some point in anatolia.
also mongols/huns/turks/timurids have gone hand in hand culturally, linguistically and genetically anyway.
no need to call me a retard, you mouthbreathing imbecile.

>Savages lead their own non war-torn countries to come and rape the Westeros land.
>led by a crazy feminist woman
really actives my almonds

like as if this was allegory to Europe and Middle east.

Steppe people before they got their shit together, even though Khal Drogo is clearly meant to be Ghengis Khan

kek, well her story in Meereen, at least in the books, is a metaphor for W in Iraq

>Damn near every castle and walled city between the Sea of Okhotsk and the Mediterranean
Didn't you stupid fucks watch the history channel pre nazis, aliens and gold miners?

Dothraki
Pay attention

They're supposed to be proficient horse archers too. They just don't show it much in the show. Think the winterfell maester talked about it after bran got crippled. Something about dothraki children learning to shoot from horseback.

>all those traitors in the bar screaming for the Dothraki hordes

The numale must hang

gurm says they're a mix of mongols and american indians

So which castles did they take through force?

There a less interesting combination Scythians and Mongols

Why are there no such things as scouts in game of thrones? Is every battle in the books a complete blindside too?

>traitors
didn't know that bar was in westeros

they're dhrotraki
source: fucking fantasy show

this and fpbp

Mongols. The line about having to lead from the saddle was said about Ghengis.

>Why are there no such things as scouts in game of thrones

Meaby they got killed?

You know, flying dragon?

that's actually pretty good editing.

orcs. They are so savages that it is forbidden to sow or build because it hurt the earth. Unlike the Mongols, they have not taken control of the conquered lands, but have left them in ruins and returned to the prairies.

This. Basically every barbarian horde trope. Dany is like a third rate Tomyris or Boudica.

They successfully laid siege to Kiev, Baghdad, and Kaifeng.

I do recall a Lannister scout getting captured by Robb, and then sending him back to Tywin, which eventually lead to the capture of Jamie

Mongols got BTFO the second time they invaded Hungary because they realized actual fortifications shit all over them.

Remember a couple seasons ago where the strategic movement of armies was a vital plot point?
pepperidge farm remembers

In a cave

Mongol saracens?

I'd just like to say that it annoys the shit out of me that they never use bows or basic light cavalry tactics. Native American were well known for their recurve bows just like any other steppe people .

If I was hungry for attention I could easily write up an article about how the whole Dothraki story is racist bullshit.
>White saviour trope
>White slavery fantasy implied many times
>They're all 2D characters with no motivations beyond 'muh magic', no autonomy or humanity is shown
>Other stuff

mongols have got to be the biggest meme in history

The tactics of Scythians with the ego of Timurids, the reputation of Mongols, and the the competence of Turks circa 1900.

Put simply they fight like cataphracts charging headlong into the enemy but don't wear armour, everyone thinks they are super badass and their inflated egos make them think themselves even better. However they are in actuality crap.

The Chinese and Persian-area cities often had huge walls and the Mongols hired experts at siege warfare early on to help them. As a new force that no one - including established powerful Chinese/Muslim/knightly armies - knew how to defeat, the Mongols are more like the White Walkers.

This, they are supposed to represent a Conan-esque ideal of Barbarians, rather than any specific culture.

Timurids weren't an ethnicity you dumbass.

Is it possible to have a single fucking thread about this fucking show that doesn't immediately descend into Sup Forums faggotry?

What are you talking about you fucking retard

In the plot hole

They look mostly like Turks to me. A bit of horse archery but mostly light cavalry based nation who look like Turks, also.

Begone, juden!

The left is fucking terrible at memeing. This is embarrasing.

Don't look like Turks too me

An amalgam

They said in the most recent mini documentary thing that they're supposed to be a mix of American Indian and Mongol

Even the Fremen. Their horses were fuckhuge sandworms.

>Mongols
The Mongols used actual tactics and were masters of siege warfare. So no.

No it's not. This board is irredeemable garbage.

Kangs

She's gonna be a weird old lady.

>tfw become less racist when drunk

Why is it that even though there are almost zero actual Sup Forums tier posts on this board there are dozens of autistic ctrl-left cunts shitting up the place because Sup Forums won't leave?

Suicide is the only positive contribution to the world you can ever make. Do the right thing.

i think i'm getting a migraine

This, they're what a stupid american thinks they were like

All else aside, that battle was really impressive from a special effects perspective, better than modern capeshit.

nah

Obviously bactrians but you all are to pleb to know who they are

le I play rome 2 and am master of history

> nazi alien gold miners
Premiering this November on the History Channel.