/CTG/ Channel-tans General

POOL'S CLOSED EDITION

Drawfags and Writefags are more than welcome to contribute

>What is a Channel-tan?
An anthropomorphic personification of a television channel.

>Why are you making these?
For the simple reason that we can.

>Why are they all girls?
Japanese -tan tradition. But we do have some boy -tans too.

>Where is the gallery for all the images?
channel-tan.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list

>Where is the Pastebin for all the ideas?
pastebin.com/aFgUXApa

>Previous Threads?
pastebin.com/rCJCzJMi

>How can I help?
If a Channel doesn't have a personality yet, then you can suggest ideas for one.
If a Channel doesn't have a design yet, then you can suggest ideas for one.
If a Channel has a personality and a design, then you can draw them.
If multiple Channels have all of the above, then you can draw comics of them interacting.

>How many Channels do we need?
All of them. but mostly those who are Sup Forums related.

And last but not least, remember to have
>Fun

Previous Thread:

Welcome to /CTG/!

I guess no one's got to wake up yet.

G'morning /CTG/.
If you didn't catch it yesterday, it seems Stinkii might not be coming around anymore. Although I don't know why, he should be properly saluted for his contributions.

So while it isn't much, here's a little doodle of his channel-tans, One Saturday Morning and MTV Classic, as my thanks for his time spent with us. Whether you come back or not, it was always fun seeing your work.

With a new thread start time, people probably felt better about getting some beauty sleep.

That's sad Stinkii would not come back, his art were pretty great.

It's very sad news indeed to hear Jam, but hope he's fine

I'm sure he is. I hate to speculate, but it may have been one user's somewhat constant heckling over the past few weekends. Or maybe it's something totally innocent- maybe he just feels like he's outgrown /CTG/.

Whatever the case, I'm sure we all wish him well.

I feel like no one has ever mentioned UPN or UPN kids, even though they both had a good amount of animated series on them.

I think you should draw them.

It has been 00:00:01 Day(s) since Stinkii made his final contribution

R.I.P

Honestly had never even heard of UPN.
Just looking on Wikipedia though, it has very... VERY messy history.

First owned by United Television and Chris-Craft Industries, then 50% of shares were bought by Viacom, then fully bought out later. Then CBS got UPN in the divorce- I mean, when Viacom and CBS split. Then CBS agreed with Time Warner to shut down The WB and UPN to participate in the joint venture of The CW.

Christ, it was like an unwanted child being tossed around among different sets of parents.

You should propose a design

Nick Jr aged up a bit. The Viacom influence is only marginal past a certain age

The Turners corrupted Jr!
Now she dress like a slut...

How about UPN him/her has clothes that are labled something like

"United Televison's #1 Son!" on a T-shirt

"My Mom is CBS!" on a Hat

"Don't mess with me Viacoms my Dad" Etc etc.

Some things along those lines to convey that this Channel has been tossed around from owner to owner and has the Clothes to prove it.

They'd all give UPN the clothes to try to convince them that they found a new and loving family, only to be kicked out the door a few months later and his has a massive effect on their mentallity so they have a hard time meeting new people

I thought those were gloves now I wonder how she will look full eldritch

mmm, that gave me an idea

>Teen Nick Jr
>Starts whispering in backwards Spanish that emirates through the house, scaring everyone.
>Only TeenNick understands it and replies with "Yo no soy una puta, Diabla!!"

That's very nice of you Jam, I hope he's all right

I suggest that he or she has a strange smile, worried but happy because they simply want a family but at any moment could be abandoned again

Have you guys noticed how CN-tan is the most popular of the main three? just google Channel-tan and the first page is nothing but CN

that is the power of booty

Not to dismiss everyone's ideas, but Jam's post Made me think of this scenario.

Not for me, for the images I get Nick walking her sponge, Disney and Disney and CN doing the laughing girls meme. As well as a hand drawn picture of someone in a green sweater.

I Googled it amd the first pics that I got were Nick, followed by a bunch of Disney, [as] with Genndy and Samurai Jack, and just them CN tan character sheet made by Jam.

It is probably just your Internet search that is conditioned to go after CN tan.

I like that idea, after being rejected by many families in the past it has become a daily routine

You lied to me dude, I got Foxxy and Stoner, then TeenNick and One Saturday Morning

Maybe Google is tayloring swifting their results to suit our interests?

Maybe. All the cutesy 'lost kitten' ideas are appealing as well, but it's also so easy to see UPN as a legitimately troubled child, I mean, there's gotta be a reason why no one seems to want to keep him/her?

>Monday with the Turners, booty everywhere and memes
>Tuesday with Disney, almost a slave but at least the pay is good
>Wednesday with Viacoms, slime sandwich and eldritch tentacles in the bathroom
>Thursday with Fox, there's fur even in the goddamn soup
>Friday with CBS, home sweet home

>UPN is that troubled 20something who's fed up with having to deal with his many parents who have no love for him.
>The WB is that young doe eyed girl who loves romance and fluff
>They get together and have a love child, CW, before fading into the background to give her the love UPNs many adopted parents couldn't provide.

They are a channel without a family, and apparently nobody wants them, a rebel without a cause. Poor UPN...

I actually see a pretty generous assortment of all the more popular tans, so Google's probably just pulling an analytics on ya. But CN definitely dominates it as far as numbers go, but then she also has over 100 more pictures than the next leading contender, Nickelodeon. She's pretty much the mascot.

It's honestly kinda weird seeing my own work in a google search. Not used to that.

Also I don't recall that picture. Is it new or did I just forget about it? It's cute as hell, either way. Stupid adorable CN.

There's a romance novel to be made in there somewhere.

IIRC you added the "C" in that gif Jam

>this art style

Its a Noir Episode now.

How the tans farewell? Which mistery must they solve?

and weekends with grandma PBS!

The origin of Teletoon. I need answers. she is related to Disney, CN and Nick at the same time, how is that possible? I want the truth!

a couple of weeks ago someone posted that gif, but didn't had that small letter C on her cap, then you posted your own edit with it. honestly it's adorable, I wonder who's the artist.

Well you see, when a mommy and a daddy an elder god hate each other very much, they create a joint venture in a foreign market to reap the benefits of their shared efforts.

I did add the C! I wish I knew who the artist was too. Would love to see their other work.

>Which mistery must they solve?

Where is Jetix? Some people say that she is still alive in Russia, is it true or just a myth?

>Fox Kids is Frozen somewhere in the Russian Artic

isn't that the plot of The Winter Soldier?

>Which mystery must they solve?
Someone stole Disney's most prized item, an old Mickey Mouse doll that was owned by Walt. She enlists the help of Nick and CN in helping her find it, apparently the expensive investigators Disney used are nearly worthless.

This is just a two part episode where they look for a doll and it's as serious as children make it out to be, while the adults just see it as them looking for a doll.

> How the tans farewell?
CN: She's the go to person if you want to know about the dank underworld(Aka, [as] Foxxy-tan and Stoner-tans bedrooms). Knows some Canadian and Japanese girls that can also help in some way, she also gets her older sister who can look into the old archives.

Nick: The no-nonsense cop who is pretty nonsensical. Uses her pet sponge to help find clues, somehow this always works. "Smokes" a pipe, it's just blows bubbles. She would ask her father for help, but he's busy running an underworld business with a fox and CN's Dad(It's just a basic meeting between the Big Six)

You probably think it's a good idea, but it is not. Granny PBS is weird asf.

Who the hell is Fox Kids?

Granny PBS should stop spending time with HBO.

Fox is their chief shouting "one more strike and you're out" every five seconds

>Weaponized 90s
>Jetix getting existential about Fox Kids still being alive

Jetix is Fox kids. Learn the lore.

>doll actually owns Walt Disney's will and everyone wants it for their own benefit

but user what if Fox Kids never cease to exist? what if Jetix and Fox Kids aren't the same tan? think about it! of course this is just a joke.

Learn reading comprehension. Jetix having her fleshy counterpart around would probably give her at least a minor identity crisis.

>this was on the first page
google knows me so well

>Fox Co. is Hydra
>Dsney Co. is S.H.I.E.L.D

M A X I M U M T H I C C N E S S

Fox is just wondering how in the hell he got into this mess.

Ah, that's why.

Everyone is secretly wanting to find that doll. The big meeting, that was just the rest of the Big Six trying to work together in finding it.

They all find the doll, and it's not a will, its just a message in a bottle that Walt made for Disney.(He knew that somewhere down the road a Disney Channel would be made so he created the letter for the would be Channel Tan).

The letter tells them that while they would never meet, he's happy they exist and that he's proud of them. Walt tells them to keep their imagination full and their minds open to new ideas.

This goes even deeper.
Look for The Fox Box.

Bless your soul redfred

Fucking Wally, trolling people from his grave

But wait, there's more! the letter is written in invisible ink and contains the instructions to find Walt's secret treasure hidden in a Caribbean island.

I am lost... Fox Box is 4Kids or was Fox Kids, or Kids WB...

Fox Box and 4Kidstv should just be blocks run by 4Kids. Fox hired 4Kids after losing Fox Kids

The Fox Box was Fox Kids but then became 4kids then Kids WB then Jetix and Disney Toons and finally Disney XD

Seems to be what I do, yeah.
I'm starting to feel obligated to do a proper noir channel-tan comic strip now...not these crappy sketches I'm doing for the laughs.

Also what comic is that from?

Don't think about it, believe me. This family tree is vast and confusing.

>Love, but not really

Fox Box is its own SEPERATE entity in the lore. Fox Kids was also it's own. Until it was then sold to Disney and Disney wiped the memories of Fox Kids to Transform them into a New Property Which is what we know as Jetex

4kids was hired at Fox to take the role that was left after Fox Kids left. Fox Box at this point is essentially non important and has little to no impact

Disney Toons is its own character.

And Kids WB is their own character as well

We mainly pick and choose what we want to connect and what we want to not connect.

BECUASE Lore

Sounds like a good idea, I like your style and poor UPN deserves a tribute

Webcomic called Pokémon Noir.

/r/ing Turner and Paramount bickering

and because around the world channels have weird stories, like did you know that CN Brazil had a Disney Films block?

>Until it was then sold to Disney and Disney wiped the memories of Fox Kids to Transform them into a New Property Which is what we know as Jetex

Pretty sure that according to our lore Jetix is just Foxkids after an accident that almost killed her, being them brought to life by Disney. This is why she has so much paralels with Astroboy.

yo jam whatchadoin now?

>CN Brazil had a Disney Films block?

Brazillian here. The hell are you talking about?

Oh I left that out

I'm not sure if we agreed on if Jetex became Jetex after the accident or before the accident

We got a little comic from Jam where Fox Kids was getting a shot and Disney said "It's just Business". Leaving Fox Kids memories gone

We never really decided on if she became Jetex at that point or after the accident which turned her into a robot

It's time for a reboot, like DC!

Fox Kids had the accident and then Disney told Fox she died, but secretly she took Fox Kids with her and rebuild her brand as Jetix... all acourding to her keikaku

they used to show Disney movies on weekends

>a proper noir channel-tan comic strip now

No kidding but that sounds fucking cool

MUHdick.jpg

Why almost everyone just keep calling Jetix to Jetex?

Btw, if you guys not understand the dialog here it is:

>So glad you two decided to watch Steven Universe.
>Yeah, my sister only watch this show for some shipping. especially the PearlxRose one...
>But I need to know her reactions after the recent Pearl-centric episode.
>Sorry, but she's kinda busy crying.

It's a meme, to mess with Jetex user

aren't they buddies? like good pals?

SHH JETEX user MIGHT HEAR YOU

ABC Family should ship her friends; Disney x Money, Nick x Slime, etc.

Oh... alright, I get it now.

Because there's a guy that really hates 'Jetex' and we like to mess with him

I'll get around to it, but kinda need an official look for CPN. So far it's just the logo name slapped over a blank face.

Cannon in my mind so far:
>boy
>trouble child
>no one wants him
>merges with WB to become CW
>this is going to end bitter sweet because Noir.

Just checked the shows that UPN aired for design influence fodder. I found it had the last two seasons of Buffy the Vampire slayer, star trek voyager, and a twilight zone revival. Anyone else got input?

He's a "bad" guy, a trouble maker, give him a messy hair and angry expression

Aww that's cu- wait a minute
>filename

Poor Jetex user lol

HE IS HEEEERE

Das cute, mango.

Nothing at the moment, and I may not get much done today. I started feeling a bit ill about an hour ago, plus I woke up at 4 am. So, I might be out for most of the day as I'm gonna lie down and just let my body sleep as long as it likes. If that means I wake up at 6pm, so be it.

If Animator user is around, grandest apologies, but you may have to wait until I put it on my tumblr later this week. I really want to get to Eldritch Jr. and the Adult Tans if I have time after I wake up, and I don't think I can do both today. My week ahead is looking nice and free though, so I'll definitely get it done before next weekend, and possibly Nick's too.

You all have a good day, now, alright? Stay chill.
I leave you with a topic to ponder if you like-

How does Boomerang feel having to tote around the new "classics," which used to be the old "modern" cartoons on CN? Do you think she likes them? Hates them? Or does she just chug along because she's a good daughter and wants to make daddy Turner proud?

I haven't already asked this, have I?

Oz has a cool look, it would be a good concept for UPN

>but you may have to wait until I put it on my tumblr later this week

By "it" I mean Disney's ref sheet.
Fuck I'm tired.

She really hates the new cartoons but money is money and god knows she really need it

She's a good Daughter and sees the profitability in "classic" cartoons. She wants to set an example for her younger sisters [as], Foxy, as well as CN

One of them will inherit the Warner fortune, and she knows the expectations and wants to make Warner proud and prove she can make a profit and prove she is a GENIOUS Buisness women

Ayy, Jetex user ca draw!
We are doomed...