Thoughts on Alan Scott/Golden Age Green Lantern? I feel like he has enough going on to support his own modern solo book

Thoughts on Alan Scott/Golden Age Green Lantern? I feel like he has enough going on to support his own modern solo book

he is objectively best lantern

I always liked the way James Robinson used him in Starman and The Golden Age. In the Post-Crisis continuity, he basically got promoted to Golden Age Superman, the big iconic guy that everyone looked up to. It looked good on him.

Yeah he plays the Elder Statesman of the DCU pretty well even if by chronological reckoning, Superman still predates him by a year.

That costume blows. Is perfection.

When he lost his eyes and got one from Adam Strange. Good times

He's my favorite DC character, especially when everyone started looking up to him for advice on how to be a hero.

I wasn't keen on Nu52 making him young and gay. Hopefully they'll wise up and pull the same thing that brought OG Barry back.

*Barry
Fuck me, I meant Wally

>Fuck me,
Nu52 Alan Scott would tho....

Alan Scott of E1 is still old going by Johnny Thunder.
Alan Scott of E2 is young, like the rest of E2 because that's E2s gimmick, and gay.

i truly wouldnt even mind a young alan, i mean everyones a kid sometime you know, so long as they actually showed him growing into the character he once was over time, but of course we couldnt get that

He's kinda gay

The man boned his era's Harley and Ivy, and had kids with them.

Alpha Lantern was the hero Gotham deserved.

A shame his kids were such awful people.

>Fucked Thorn once
>she got pregnant with twins
clearly the most virile lantern

How is Gotham still a shithole when the most powerful lantern was the superhero of it?

I always liked him and he worked best post Crisis for the reasons pointed out but DC has always been weird about him and his place in the DCU. Mostly I suspect because he's popular with the fans DC wishes they didn't have anymore.

DC did write the guy off and replace him, way back in the 50's. They are probably wondering why that didn't stick.

Isn't it a little extra insulting that the one homosexual lantern also be the one most flamboyantly dressed in as many colors as possible? With some artists wanting him to be decked out in as much purple as they can with poofy shirts and ballet shoes?

Why can't the character be used as an inspiration rather than a weird caricature?

>and replace him
by a dog, no less

Gay Alan dressed like this

the one wearing red and green and purple with puffy sleeves and a chunky belt is the straight one

>No one gave a shit about Alan until after the made him gay
>Now he is best lantern

Before the deranged crazies moved in.

Earth-2 Kingdom Come Alan Scot????????

I only cared about him because of his kids, sue me.

Deranges crazies were the settlers of Gotham.

That's how much of a shithole Gotham is.

Faggot that didn't read David S. Goyer's and both Geoff John's JSA runs from the 90-00s.
Pretty much from everything from 1999-2010 was some of the best Alan Scott character development in a bit.

well it is literally cursed as i understand it

It it took 70 years and a sexuality change to make the character remotely interesting then he had fucking nothing to begin with.

>It it took 70 years and a sexuality change to make the character remotely interesting
that isn't true tho

Have they given up on Earth 2 yet?
Are they bringing the Justice society over or introducing them with Rebirth?

I miss Jade.

I thought Earth-2 died

Bait

We COULD have if Robinson didn't poison the well and then hand it off to shitty writers who preferred to suck Batman and Superman dick.

theres a uh second earth...2

I once read on here that Alan deliberately chose such a garish costume because it would mess with the heads of the criminals he was chasing down. Does anyone know if there's a source to this claim?

Earth 2: Society is approaching the climax of its story with Grodd in the process of acquiring a cosmic cube analogue. The prevailing theory is that it's going to lead to a world reboot and/or set up things for the USA book.

*JSA book